Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 15, 2023, 03:04 PMThe lads who sport it can be seen fighting each other and diving over the counters of ASDA to buy bottles of Prime.

If anyone here is not aware of the Prime drink craze at the moment, you will be lost for words when you find out.

I'll take a guess that McDonald's is a popular meeting place for daft teen males in the UK.

From what I gathered from my quick search, 'Prime' looks like a ridiculously overpriced caffeinated "energy" drink.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Apr 15, 2023, 03:33 PM
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 15, 2023, 03:04 PMThe lads who sport it can be seen fighting each other and diving over the counters of ASDA to buy bottles of Prime.

If anyone here is not aware of the Prime drink craze at the moment, you will be lost for words when you find out.

I'll take a guess that McDonald's is a popular meeting place for daft teen males in the UK.

From what I gathered from my quick search, 'Prime' looks like a ridiculously overpriced caffeinated "energy" drink.

Selling for crazy money on eBay, like 50 quid a bottle. It's some shit drink that two YouTube celebrities put their name to.

There is a guy who has become a celebrity selling cans of it for 100 quid from his shop. Called Wakey Wines.

Plenty of videos of long queues at 6am and other stupid times of kids and families waiting in line to buy a bottle of this drink then storming the shops and fighting over it.

Videos of kids at Christmas getting Prime as a present and crying tears of joy.

Fucking bizarre. It's one thing to queue for the new iPhone or a console when they're released but a £2 drink?

Only God knows.

That is both sad and bewildering, jimmy jazz. Can people really be so obssessed with something that goes down the gullet in a couple of mins ?

To get lost is to learn the way.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Apr 15, 2023, 04:55 PMThat is both sad and bewildering, jimmy jazz. Can people really be so obssessed with something that goes down the gullet in a couple of mins ?

Staggering isn't it. It's no different to a bottle of Coca Cola or Lucozade but because some YouTube guys put their name on it they're treating it like liquid gold.

You know these YouTube guys sell out arenas having boxing fights against each other? Boxing fans aren't interested in it, it's today's kids. Youtubers are the new celebrities.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 15, 2023, 06:18 PM
Quote from: Lisnaholic on Apr 15, 2023, 04:55 PMThat is both sad and bewildering, jimmy jazz. Can people really be so obssessed with something that goes down the gullet in a couple of mins ?

Staggering isn't it. It's no different to a bottle of Coca Cola or Lucozade but because some YouTube guys put their name on it they're treating it like liquid gold.

You know these YouTube guys sell out arenas having boxing fights against each other? Boxing fans aren't interested in it, it's today's kids. Youtubers are the new celebrities.

I was thinking of the Coca-Cola comparison, as well.

Fools and their money.

I wonder how many of the people buying that crap are buying it to resell, thinking they are going to make a small fortune?

Yeah well I have to say it, don't I? A Prime example of human stupidity, gullibility and sheep mentality at its worst.

I mentioned in the hobbies thread I started that my entire wardrobe comprises vintage articles from the Victorian era to 70s disco. Lots of shag faux fur, fringed garments, vintage blazers and vests, suede outerwear, ultrasuede suits, polyester disco shirts, giant bell-bottom trousers, and a metric f*ckton of velvet.

I adore accessories so I have over a dozen 12ft long shag and crocheted wool scarves, an array of haberdashery including vintage wide-brim fedoras, flatcaps, and antique beaver fur top hats, and custom-made jewelry I've fashioned from old typewriter and amplifier parts, as well as typewriter cufflinks and skeleton magnifier pocketwatches. I have vintage wingtips and Chelsea boots for every outfit and I have spectacles and walking sticks to match all of my ensembles.

Working from home since COVID, I haven't had as many opportunities to get snazzy, but I dress in my finest every weekend even if only to fetch the post or grab a coffee at the local cafe.

From page 201 of cultural critic Simon Reynolds' book Retromania he states:

Remember the Pop Boutique store in central London with its slogan 'Don't follow fashion. Buy something that's already out of date'? Just as vintage can have an undercurrent of recalcitrance towards fashion, similarly it is possible for rock nostalgia to contain dissident potential. If Time has become annexed by capitalism's cynical cycles of product shifting, one way to resist that is to reject temporality altogether. The revivalist does this by fixating on one era and saying: 'Here I make my stand.' By fixing identity to the absolute and abiding supremacy of one sound and one style, the revivalist says, ' This is me.'

That's my stance on fashion.

(I'm like this all the time.)

Love these:

Dirndls.

Not on me, but I think they look lovely on the German women.

Makes me want to go to Oktoberfest.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 20, 2023, 09:34 PMLove these:

Dirndls.

Not on me, but I think they look lovely on the German women.

Makes me want to go to Oktoberfest.

:beer:

I happen to be wearing a t-shirt with this image on it at the moment as I type this...

:laughing:

She looks very thirsty!

Only God knows.

#25 Sep 20, 2023, 10:50 PM Last Edit: Sep 20, 2023, 10:56 PM by Lexi Darling
I should post pics of my vintage glam outfits. Not exactly Oktoberfestcore, more like mid-century suburban momcore, but if you all like aprons and swishy dresses I've got you covered.

I'll see if I can model some of that tomorrow.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Why is it that NBA 'jerseys' always come with player names on the back?

I'd like a couple for showing my gainz off in summer but I don't want some guy's name all over my top.

Everywhere I've looked there literally is no option for them.

Why is this?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 06, 2024, 05:42 PMWhy is it that NBA 'jerseys' always come with player names on the back?

I'd like a couple for showing my gainz off in summer but I don't want some guy's name all over my top.

Why is this?

I've seen "customizable" jersey listings that give you the option of adding your own name and a number of your choosing. Not sure if you could order one without a name and/or number, though.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 06, 2024, 05:42 PMWhy is it that NBA 'jerseys' always come with player names on the back?

Why is this?

Why not some other kind of sleeveless shirt? NBA shirts look childish imo

Quote from: grindy on Mar 06, 2024, 06:42 PMWhy not some other kind of sleeveless shirt? NBA shirts look childish imo

Material mainly.

Only God knows.