What are the fashionistas of this website wearing right now? What styles are you into, your blue suede shoes or your raspberry berets? Are you one of those people who just wears what is fresh and clean at the time or are you a dedicated follower of fashion?

Describe your style if you wish.

Only God knows.

A pair of sweats. It's late :laughing:

The Word has spoken :D

Oooh! This is the thread for me!

I've been slowly bitten by the vintage fashion bug over the past few years. I dressed punk in high school, and slowly morphed into a very soft feminine style over the next 15 or so years.

I exclusively wear dresses and skirts, and I think the next evolution is to go hard into the 1950s vintage aesthetics. I've loved feminine fashion of that era (late 40s through early 60s) for around 20 years but I never believed in myself enough to think I could pull it off. I'm not great at getting a good hair look for that style, but it'll be a fun challenge.

A few of my fashion mainstays include floral dresses, more professional looking button up dresses, lots of heels, maxi skirts, sleeveless ruffled tops, and so on.

The modern fashion world is too much for me to follow honestly. I just do what I like and think looks good on me.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

That last bit is what I do, Miss Synth (if I can call you that). I just dress in what I feel comfortable in. People probably look at me and think I dress like a yob but I don't care.

Vast majority of what I wear is sports clothing. Most of it is black, and I wear some band t shirts.

I hate jeans!

Only God knows.

Casual clothes.

#5 Mar 02, 2023, 12:20 AM Last Edit: Mar 02, 2023, 12:22 AM by Guybrush
I wanna look smart for work, so generally go for shirts. tucked into jeans and a nice jacket. The real me is much more your average slob. If the weather is warm, I prefer shorts and sandals. Perhaps a singlet with a less "professional" shirt over.

I've dressed that way for years, so it has nothing to do with fashion 😅 One reason why I like sandals in the summer is we're often close to water and I like to be able to walk into a river or catch a crab without worrying too much about my footwear.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Most annoying trend right now in the UK, the 'meet me at McDonald's' haircut.

This haircut, Nike tech fleece tracksuit, Jordans and a man pouch. Spotted on young males (early 20s and down) all over UK city centres.

https://deavita.net/meet-me-mcdonalds-haircut-hairstyle-extreme-fun-rebellious-256242.html

Only God knows.

Why is is called meet me at McDonald's?

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I was wondering the same thing. Man, it looks stupid.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I have no idea.

Only God knows.

If there's one thing I hate it's everything.
But no: people (women, almost exclusively, mostly young) going out in pyjamas. I mean, how can that look good? They literally look like they just tumbled out of bed, and they probably did.  It's the look that says "I could not be bothered to get dressed, but I have to go out so fuck you". Idiotic.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 15, 2023, 12:03 AMMost annoying trend right now in the UK, the 'meet me at McDonald's' haircut.

This haircut, Nike tech fleece tracksuit, Jordans and a man pouch. Spotted on young males (early 20s and down) all over UK city centres.

https://deavita.net/meet-me-mcdonalds-haircut-hairstyle-extreme-fun-rebellious-256242.html

:laughing:

Reminds me of Terry Hall from The Fun Boy Three...

The lads who sport it can be seen fighting each other and diving over the counters of ASDA to buy bottles of Prime.

If anyone here is not aware of the Prime drink craze at the moment, you will be lost for words when you find out.

Only God knows.

R.I.P. Mary Quant, who died the other day, April 13, 2023:

She became a household name in 60s Britain - singlehandedly changing fashion with her unprecedented mini-skirt designs:-

Pre-Mary Quant: .  A Mary Quant design:

Some people were outraged by the startling new design ideas, but, being an adolescent boy at the time, I wasn´t entirely hostile to the style she invented. And now, unexpectedly, I owe a new kind of "thanks" to Mary Quant: she has died at age 93, reminding me that I could have plenty of years of life left.

To get lost is to learn the way.