Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 13, 2024, 11:51 AMNo but I've seen it. It's also really similar to what people up north eat.

Pie sandwiches 😂

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/09/pie-barm-twitter-wigan-kebab

That's cute.  :laughing:

I wanna try it though looks like they put a tiny pot pie into a slider bun.

I was this cool the whole time.

Looks a lot more appetizing than a mud cookie, at least.

Quote from: SGR on Apr 13, 2024, 11:49 PMLooks a lot more appetizing than a mud cookie, at least.

Seen this before. That's fucking tragic.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 16, 2024, 06:29 PMSeen this before. That's fucking tragic.

Yes, it is tragic. When you're starving, you'll eat almost anything.

What's everyone's go to dish for Chinese take out?

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 16, 2024, 11:00 PMWhat's everyone's go to dish for Chinese take out?

Used to be General Tso's Chicken with fried rice and a side of crab rangoons - but lately it's been Kung Pao Beef with Rice and a side of crab rangoons.

I don't eat Chinese often (because I know it's not good for me), but when I do, I get what I love :)

There are no good Chinese restaurants here that I know of, so I seldom eat Chinese food. Plenty of sushi and a couple of Thai restaurants, though. I like a good pad thai.

Happiness is a warm manatee

My go to when I'm craving Chinese used to be chicken and broccoli with pork riced rice and an eggroll but I prefer spring rolls if the spot I'm going to has them. I've been switching it up and just trying different things each time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 16, 2024, 11:52 PMMy go to when I'm craving Chinese used to be chicken and broccoli with pork riced rice and an eggroll but I prefer spring rolls if the spot I'm going to has them. I've been switching it up and just trying different things each time.

Now here's a man that likes his rice. He prefers his rice riced so he can rice while he rices.

Quote from: grindy on Apr 17, 2024, 07:25 AMNow here's a man that likes his rice. He prefers his rice riced so he can rice while he rices.

Twice fried rice so nice they named it twice

I don't really like Chinese food but if I have to have it then chicken chow mein.

Only God knows.

Having European posters on this forum, it's brought up a question in my mind that I've never really thought about. Is your 'chinese cuisine' in your country the same (or similar) to the 'chinese cuisine' that's popular in America?

I'm guessing most of us know that Chinese food (by and large) in America isn't genuine, authentic Chinese food. It's an Americanized version that's been adapted and altered by Chinese-Americans to suit the taste of broader America as a whole. If much of western Europe has the same 'chinese food' that Americans know and love, how did that happen? Was it a case of it getting popular in America first and then being culturally exported? Or did the Chinese independently (and concurrently) popularize Chinese food in European countries at the same time as they were popularizing it in America?

One other thing about Chinese food that I want to mention in regards to America - for many Americans, Chinese food is very popular around the holidays - I can speak to my family that we often have Chinese food on the evening before Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. It appears this became popular originally among non-Christian immigrants in America in the 1800s, as they had time off, but didn't have the same cultural celebrations/traditions as many Christian Americans did, and they found that, unlike many other restaurants, the Chinese restaurants were open during holidays - and so eating Chinese food on holidays became a kind of American cultural pastime that's bled out to a large number of Americans. The 'melting pot' of America in action.

https://www.chilihousesf.com/blog/why-chinese-resturants-are-so-popular-during-the-holidays/

Quote from: SGR on Apr 17, 2024, 05:49 PMHaving European posters on this forum, it's brought up a question in my mind that I've never really thought about. Is your 'chinese cuisine' in your country the same (or similar) to the 'chinese cuisine' that's popular in America?

I'm guessing most of us know that Chinese food (by and large) in America isn't genuine, authentic Chinese food. It's an Americanized version that's been adapted and altered by Chinese-Americans to suit the taste of broader America as a whole. If much of western Europe has the same 'chinese food' that Americans know and love, how did that happen? Was it a case of it getting popular in America first and then being culturally exported? Or did the Chinese independently (and concurrently) popularize Chinese food in European countries at the same time as they were popularizing it in America?

One other thing about Chinese food that I want to mention in regards to America - for many Americans, Chinese food is very popular around the holidays - I can speak to my family that we often have Chinese food on the evening before Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. It appears this became popular originally among non-Christian immigrants in America in the 1800s, as they had time off, but didn't have the same cultural celebrations/traditions as many Christian Americans did, and they found that, unlike many other restaurants, the Chinese restaurants were open during holidays - and so eating Chinese food on holidays became a kind of American cultural pastime that's bled out to a large number of Americans. The 'melting pot' of America in action.

https://www.chilihousesf.com/blog/why-chinese-resturants-are-so-popular-during-the-holidays/

It's somewhat similar and similarly not really Chinese but the staples are different and none of the names used in the US ever appear here in Germany.

Yes we have westernised Chinese food.

We also will have authentic places though but they are not as common and will be sit down restaurants. More high end.

Only God knows.

Beef and Broccoli. I haven't had it since I left America.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."