DeSantis is on track to win California

It's not like Biden or Harris have done anything to inspire voters

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/24/desantis-leads-trump-california-matchup-00084356

What are the chances of Trump running next year?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Feb 26, 2023, 05:34 AMWhat are the chances of Trump running next year?

he's already campaigning

the say he has 35% of the republican base and with a foundation like that you're hard to beat

i actually think the nickname Ron DeSanctimonious is really brilliant because republicans want a cowboy not a goodie goodie

I saw that on his wiki page with all his other nicknames for people. Most of them are the same again and again but that one was pretty good.

George Bush called Putin 'Pooty Poots' and 'Ostrich Legs'  :laughing:

Only God knows.

if he had called biden sloppy joe he'd still be president

Yeah but he's a fucking child. What president or candidate resorts to such immature name-calling? Suits him, perfectly: shows the level of his brain and his lowbrow humour. Pathetic. Still, in a straight fight who would win? Jesus or Trump?

These days, Trump would just say he's Jesus (and he has referred to himself as the messiah), and some people would be stupid enough to believe him.

The Word has spoken :D

Quote from: Trollheart on Feb 26, 2023, 05:32 PMYeah but he's a fucking child. What president or candidate resorts to such immature name-calling? Suits him, perfectly: shows the level of his brain and his lowbrow humour. Pathetic. Still, in a straight fight who would win? Jesus or Trump?

Jesus easily

Quote from: Rubber Soul on Feb 26, 2023, 05:42 PMThese days, Trump would just say he's Jesus (and he has referred to himself as the messiah), and some people would be stupid enough to believe him.

Q-anonism will probably be bigger than Christianity in 500 years.

this is behind a paywall in the nytimes

it doesn't even mention that he specifically targets lgbt plus - what's next an article pointing out that pneumonia isn't that bad while ignoring the respiratory complications?

even if you think i'm a total hyperbolic doomer you have to admit the "it can't happen here" crowd are refusing to learn from history

when a minority is being targeted by multiple pieces of legislation across the country that's a serious matter

Agreed. As usual our voices are being ignored and shoved aside so the cishets can tell us everything's fine. This isn't really boiling frog syndrome, it's a bunch of frogs boiling while the other frogs sit and stare from outside the pot asking us what we're so afraid of.

But it's the NYT, they've made their transphobia plain and blatant with that article defending JK Rowling a couple weeks ago.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Feb 27, 2023, 07:58 PMAgreed. As usual our voices are being ignored and shoved aside so the cishets can tell us everything's fine. This isn't really boiling frog syndrome, it's a bunch of frogs boiling while the other frogs sit and stare from outside the pot asking us what we're so afraid of.

But it's the NYT, they've made their transphobia plain and blatant with that article defending JK Rowling a couple weeks ago.

i don't know the numbers but i've heard gay men and lesbians say transphobic stuff too

i tried the find the most egregious tweet or statement from rowling - what's the most offensive

i don't quite get it about TERFs either - if they want their own space isn't that something everyone has a right to?

since the penis is the primary instrument of rape i can understand why they don't want any around - even if they're carefully tucked away

are they advocating that no branches of feminism should embrace trans women or are they just saying that's not our scene

i've read like two paragraphs on it so i don't really know what they believe

i guess a huge part of the nitty gritty is you either think trans women are women or you don't

like basically everyone my age i spent 4 and a half decades not even remotely entertaining the idea that women could not have a vagina - i'll call anybody what they want to be called but really believing it is not so simple - i get that what i believe can be wrong but that one is a hell of an ask - i read lots of theory on the differences between sex and gender when i was in college and thought i had a handle on it but the non-binary thing seemingly applied to sex and not just gender - that's a very strong shift - i'm not one of those who says if you have a penis you're a man end of story - even raw biology isn't that simple - but with sports and who goes to which prison and all that - i don't like the people who amplify those issues but i don't see a simple answer either

#58 Feb 28, 2023, 03:00 AM Last Edit: Feb 28, 2023, 03:05 AM by Lady of Synth
Quote from: Dreams on Feb 28, 2023, 12:33 AMi don't know the numbers but i've heard gay men and lesbians say transphobic stuff too

i tried the find the most egregious tweet or statement from rowling - what's the most offensive

i don't quite get it about TERFs either - if they want their own space isn't that something everyone has a right to?

since the penis is the primary instrument of rape i can understand why they don't want any around - even if they're carefully tucked away

are they advocating that no branches of feminism should embrace trans women or are they just saying that's not our scene

i've read like two paragraphs on it so i don't really know what they believe

i guess a huge part of the nitty gritty is you either think trans women are women or you don't

like basically everyone my age i spent 4 and a half decades not even remotely entertaining the idea that women could not have a vagina - i'll call anybody what they want to be called but really believing it is not so simple - i get that what i believe can be wrong but that one is a hell of an ask - i read lots of theory on the differences between sex and gender when i was in college and thought i had a handle on it but the non-binary thing seemingly applied to sex and not just gender - that's a very strong shift - i'm not one of those who says if you have a penis you're a man end of story - even raw biology isn't that simple - but with sports and who goes to which prison and all that - i don't like the people who amplify those issues but i don't see a simple answer either

TERFs hate us even if we remove our penises, we will never be woman enough for them because we were raised and socialized to be male. They see us as perverts cosplaying women because we dare have a different concept of what gender is than they do. Because we dare present the way that makes us feel right in our own skin. They make it all about them.

I don't even care if they want to make cis women only spaces, that's their right as private owners. But the minute the government enforces strict gender conformity and denies hormone therapy to certain people based on the way they were born, that's when it's beyond the point of civil discussion, it's just tyranny.

I'm fine with people not respecting my womanhood, it's a free country and they can have their opinion. But that's not what they're doing, they're voting in politicians who disrespect my personhood and personal freedom to do what I want with my body. You would think TERFs would stand in solidarity with other groups who have been oppressed by the right wing in a post-Roe world. But they spout the exact same rhetoric as the Christian theocratic fascists despite claiming to be feminists.

Feminism is meant to help everyone, not just cis women, not just women period. If feminists throw other marginalized groups under the bus, then they're doing the same thing patriarchy did to them.

So that's my take on TERFs.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

this isn't a challenge as in i don't believe you but do you have a link to any feminist theorist saying these things?