Quote from: TheNonSexual OccultHawk on Feb 18, 2023, 10:41 PMowning a house in this neighborhood kind of forces your hand ...
i know i probably represent higher rent snd gentrification to the guy - once white people elbow in rent goes up - i'm sorry about that too - i wish i had a way not to be a part of that problem besides spending three times as much for the same house in a white neighborhood which i couldn't do and i'm not willing to do

Wow! It sounds like you are already living with a consequence of climate change that I was looking at recently: in Miami people are moving out of low-lying property, which is pushing up prices in other areas. The original, poor residentents of anywhere above sea-level are finding themselves priced out by newcomers...the bad news being that this is just the start of what could one day become an apocalypse-style civil war to control the high ground, not just Miami, but everywhere.

As for dem nominations, I think E Warren would be a good candidate. I don't know how popular she is, but she speaks well imo: not only does she always have a plan, but she laughs at herself about it too. A very refreshing change from the frequently planless GOP. Well, they have that Repeal And Replace one, don't they, although we don't hear much about it these days.

To me, Biden shouldn't be a contender at all: are people not doing the math? He's, what, 81 years old; he could have a bunch of health issues between now and election time 2024. If he makes it to the Dem nominations, he'd be campaigning to be the most powerful man in the world right up to age 86.
I don't think that's a good idea: it reminds me of the British and French, who, at the outbreak of WW I, pulled out all the old generals from previous wars and put them in charge again. It was their outdated thinking that led to the tragic bloodbath that was The Western Front. I don't mind a bit of reverence for old age and experience, but it's a mistake to give the most important jobs in your country to people well beyond normal retiring age. What's the logic? You're too old to be efficient in a normal job - time for you to run the country instead.

To get lost is to learn the way.

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 19, 2023, 03:45 PMWho is AOC?

Mrs. Waffles Ocasio-Cortez. She's more or less the unofficial Progressive leader in Congress. fairly controversial in her own way and is to the well to the left of her party, the Democrats.

The Word has spoken :D

QuoteWow! It sounds like you are already living with a consequence of climate change that I was looking at recently: in Miami people are moving out of low-lying property, which is pushing up prices in other areas. The original, poor residentents of anywhere above sea-level are finding themselves priced out by newcomers...the bad news being that this is just the start of what could one day become an apocalypse-style civil war to control the high ground, not just Miami, but everywhere.

i live 650 miles from miami but climate change definitely has impacted the culture and forced integration and displaced the poor

my house is ineligible for insurance 🤷�♂️ and at some point we'll be permanently flooded but well after miami which is constantly dry flooding- the water keeps pouring in rain or shine - but as south florida and the beach communities get washed away my plot gets more valuable and it's going to remain habitable for the rest of my life unless there's a nuclear war or something- this place has decades left and i don't

as for an apocalyptic civil war - lfg

there's already a war being waged against the poor - people have a hard time seeing it though - people just can't get it in their heads that depriving the poor from essentials because they can't pay is just as evil as any other reason to discriminate

and the savage nature of weaponizing the penal system against the poor is definitely class warfare

but history has shown that when the poor finally fight back they are merciless when it comes to evening the score

i say this a lot but people think the rich and the right wing have a monopoly on controlling violence but they don't- they bleed same as anyone else

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 19, 2023, 03:45 PMWho is AOC?
She's like any other elected member of US House, except that she's compassionate, young, intelligent and ....

To get lost is to learn the way.

the florida attack on lgbt continues

all three of these books have a pro-lgbt message

https://weartv.com/news/local/escambia-school-board-reviews-banning-three-books-from-libraries

this is direct targeting of lgbt as a result of the desantis hate legislation

everything that doesn't reinforce the fundamentalist christian right's obsession that heterosexual love is the only acceptable kind of love is currently successfully being targeted

this is an intense hate campaign from a pre fully fascist government and right now they are winning

this is not alarmist hyperbole this is definitely real

#38 Feb 25, 2023, 02:00 AM Last Edit: Feb 25, 2023, 04:14 AM by Lady of Synth
Welp, after seeing what's happening in Tennessee, it looks like it's only a matter of time before I'll have to Anne Frank it up in my house for the rest of my life because a bunch of whiny babies can't handle seeing male assigned people in dresses.

Land of the free my fucking ass.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

#40 Feb 25, 2023, 02:34 AM Last Edit: Feb 25, 2023, 03:19 AM by TheNonSexual OccultHawk
it must feel really bad to be accused of wanting to hurt children

edited to add "must"

I know, Hawk. The best thing you can probably do is ignore the Neanderthals over at MB. You're really making an effort at bettering yourself here and we can see it. We have your back. :)

Neanderthals invented the flute which was probably the first non-percussion instrument ever

That explains Musicbanter :laughing:

Quote from: Rubber Soul on Feb 25, 2023, 02:57 AMI know, Hawk. The best thing you can probably do is ignore the Neanderthals over at MB. You're really making an effort at bettering yourself here and we can see it. We have your back. :)
the only actual solution is a charity MMA event between the Batlord and OH.  You can't just sweep these types of things under the rug. They can only be resolved in the octogon.