15 plus 10 seconds a move is the only game i like - it can still take 45 minutes to an hour

i don't like navigating away and then studying the board - also if it's too long my brain just starts looping - i think i see something and then i see why it won't work then five minutes later i'll think it's a new idea and then remember that i already considered it repeat repeat - the 15/10 game keeps me focused - the only times i've lost on time was when i fell asleep

lichness has a much better 960 game but people who like that game tend to be really good chess players so i always lose

i played a high school senior chess club member today - he got up on material and had central control of the board but i managed a force a draw through repetition

it was fun playing on a real set

i just played a game where my opponent promoted six pawns to bishops

it was weird and disturbing

i felt like bird were attacking

it took him so long to checkmate me that i thought i might get a draw through the 50 move rule

it sort of makes me nauseous it's so weird

Quote from: TheNonSexual OccultHawk on Feb 12, 2023, 06:01 AMi just played a game where my opponent promoted six pawns to bishops

it was weird and disturbing

i felt like bird were attacking

it took him so long to checkmate me that i thought i might get a draw through the 50 move rule

it sort of makes me nauseous it's so weird

What? That is very weird. And why bishops? 🤔

You could've asked him about it. Maybe it's the sort of challenges GMs do when they're bored.

Happiness is a warm manatee

he's no grandmaster- we stalemated on insufficient material the next game

me up a bishop lol

i got my rating over 800 on the 15 plus 10 rapid game

i know that's considered really low but i had to practice a lot to get to this point

it's humbling for sure but it's a fun hobby

guy thought he was cute but i forced a draw

my elo fell back below 700

i lost some games trying to experiment with new ideas but others just lost

i mean i'm so bad that it makes me feel like i'm retarded (not in the slur sense)

it makes me think is this the same lack of proficiency i'm going through all my life with just below average at everything

besides my degree and certain test scores i've really accomplished nothing that requires intelligence

i guess at chess i'm just repeating the same mistakes again and again but i don't know

i even review my losses and see where i messed up

i reached 850 and then i just started playing like i played two years ago

i know it's just a game but you know it does mean something

i don't know how legit the bots are but i beat bots that are 1200 - 1500

but real people fmu

my ability to play chess is directly linked to how good i feel

if i'm distracted by anxiety or depression or even life like my car needs new brake pads my game suffers

i know i'm flooding this thread but whatever

i feel like there's a lot to learn about life from chess

like another besides making bad decisions when i'm distracted that applies to real life is ignoring encroaching trouble

like i've had games where i just didn't want to react to my opponent and lost

it's like procrastinating to the point of disaster and not seeing what i don't want to see

like waiting too long to change your oil or not exercising

Let's play. I'm degrassiknoll.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Sep 01, 2023, 09:02 PMLet's play. I'm degrassiknoll.

Added you on chess.com. Do you play daily/correspondence or do you prefer live games?

Quote from: GD on Sep 02, 2023, 04:41 PMAdded you on chess.com. Do you play daily/correspondence or do you prefer live games?

The former - live is great when the timing works but that can be difficult.

You're on @degrassi.knoll !!

Although I haven't played since I posted here last 😅

Happiness is a warm manatee