gotta be 15/10 timed games - i don't like these crazy slow games or waiting all day

#16 Jan 14, 2023, 10:27 AM Last Edit: Jan 14, 2023, 10:29 AM by Guybrush
I'll invite you for a game when the current round's done :)

Me and Chula's game is interesting. Perhaps we can share it and talk/post about some moves when we're done.

Btw if I'm sitting down and playing a game from start to finish, I also prefer 10 minute games.

I still like the casualness of this correspondence chess, though.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: TheNonSexualOccultHawk on Jan 13, 2023, 11:54 PMgotta be 15/10 timed games - i don't like these crazy slow games or waiting all day

Pretty hard to do with the internet and members in different time zones.

i already don't like my position in our game GB.
Time to get a bit reckless.

Quote from: Chula Vista on Jan 14, 2023, 03:10 PM
Quote from: TheNonSexualOccultHawk on Jan 13, 2023, 11:54 PMgotta be 15/10 timed games - i don't like these crazy slow games or waiting all day

Pretty hard to do with the internet and members in different time zones.

you start at the same time

to anyone what's your rating on chess.com (if you've played at least 50 games on a single time setting)

Quote from: TheNonSexualOccultHawk on Jan 14, 2023, 03:27 PMto anyone what's your rating on chess.com (if you've played at least 50 games on a single time setting)

Mine is at 1469 now, but don't you start around there as new? I accidentally started a game with someone yesterday and just quit and I think rank dropped a bit. I don't care.

Quote from: Chula Vista on Jan 14, 2023, 03:10 PMi already don't like my position in our game GB.
Time to get a bit reckless.

Don't worry. I'll probably fuck up soon  :laughing:

Quote from: Guybrush on Jan 14, 2023, 04:36 PM
Quote from: TheNonSexualOccultHawk on Jan 14, 2023, 03:27 PMto anyone what's your rating on chess.com (if you've played at least 50 games on a single time setting)

Mine is at 1469 now, but don't you start around there as new? I accidentally started a game with someone yesterday and just quit and I think rank dropped a bit. I don't care.

i think with very commonly played games like 15/10 they start you at 800 and with less played games the start you at 1500. It doesn't get ironed out until after several games.

I'm low 1200s in rapid but I don't play very often in that time setting these days. It's mostly been slower daily games (usually 1 at a time) for the last year or so if at all, and I'm starting to approach 1500 in daily rating.
I'm terrible at blitz, not to mention bullet so I've never been over 1000 in either of those

Could see the writing on the wall early - and you're too good to mess up that superior position.

I'll sit the next one out.
Hey, is there a way for me to observe the next game from the sidelines???

Quote from: TheNonSexualOccultHawk on Jan 13, 2023, 11:53 PMmy chess handle is time does not heal 3 on chess dot com

i'm horrible still under 700 - i'll play anyone especially if you can teach me - i'm sick of sucking

Just sent you a friend request. You play white.
My record here is already 0-1.  :laughing:

i don't see it

what's your username

Here's our game:

Check out this #chess game: donbelanger vs toretorden - https://www.chess.com/daily/game/463743651

My game in the end was basically going for an attack / check on the pawn at A3 and/or the pawn at h4 to get my own h7 across.

I got some play out of most of my pieces here, so this was s good match for me (imo) even if the computer analysis says I made some mistakes.

My game with Gd isn't looking nearly ss good. I didn't wanna play the same position, so ended up doing something weird instead  :laughing: