Feb 14, 2023, 08:03 PM Last Edit: Feb 14, 2023, 08:05 PM by Guybrush
Hoy there!

If you don't know what Don't Hug Me I'm Scared is, it's a series of creepy and increasingly meta short musical videos disguising as a Henson-ish TV show for kids.

The first short that went viral was this one:

They made 5 more of these for a total of 6 as well as some teasers etc. but then went silent for quite a while until they reappeared with a TV show for british channel 4. I don't have access to that channel afaik, but someone has uploaded them to youtube so I have watched the first season there.

Possibly, this link right here should take you to a youtube playlist of all 6 episodes.

Did anyone else watch and appreciate this?

Happiness is a warm manatee

I adore DHMIS. Haven't seen the new show yet, but the classic Youtube series is one of my favorite things ever. The best episode is the one where they learn about computers.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Feb 14, 2023, 08:13 PMI adore DHMIS. Haven't seen the new show yet, but the classic Youtube series is one of my favorite things ever. The best episode is the one where they learn about computers.

I think my favorite is probably the one about Time :) I think it's the second one.

The show is great! It's a little weird how it seems to have gone under most people's radar considering how much of a phenomenon the YouTube videos were.

On a mall run and saw these at Hot Topic. I get my allowance on Friday... but I kinda feel like if I was gonna get one, I'd need all three. It wouldn't feel right otherwise.  :laughing:

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Mar 20, 2024, 07:51 PM
On a mall run and saw these at Hot Topic. I get my allowance on Friday... but I kinda feel like if I was gonna get one, I'd need all three. It wouldn't feel right otherwise.  :laughing:

Nice! I've been thinking of getting some DHMIS merch for years 🙂 would've bought it in a heartbeat!

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 20, 2024, 08:22 PMNice! I've been thinking of getting some DHMIS merch for years 🙂 would've bought it in a heartbeat!

I would too, but I came to the mall for makeup and that does take precedence with my limited budget.

I'm still at the mall; I might just get the duck, he always had my favorite lines in the show.

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Mar 20, 2024, 07:51 PM

I need to look for these. I didn't know they existed. I'm definitely getting the entire collection.

I was this cool the whole time.