Feb 09, 2023, 05:33 PM Last Edit: Feb 09, 2023, 05:40 PM by Guybrush
Trollheart's Iron Maiden thread made me a little nostalgic for some feelgood rock & metal music, the kind that goes great with a beer, cigarettes and a bunch of your best mates to sing and laugh the night away with.

This used to be a regular feature in my life before there was work, mortgage, kids and all this gods danged jazz music I like to listen to.

So let your balls and boobs hang free and post some of your favorite party drinking rock music! 🎸🤘

Happiness is a warm manatee

This whole Andrew WK album was in heavy rotation for me back in my 20s. It still makes me want to party.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I don't know Andrew WK, but that's obviously drinking music right there :D

Dropkick Murphys were played regularly at our parties, especially their hit Shipping up to Boston.. But probably, the song posted below is the DM song that we quaffed the most beer to. It was a regular sing-along, usually quite late into the evening when everyone was good and sloshed.

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 14, 2023, 07:22 PMDropkick Murphys were played regularly at our parties, especially their hit Shipping up to Boston.. But probably, the song posted below is the DM song that we quaffed the most beer to. It was a regular sing-along, usually quite late into the evening when everyone was good and sloshed.

Being from Boston originally, I still tend to think of the Dropkick Murphys as a local band that's not that well known, but I realize they're more popular than I give them credit for. "The Wild Rover" is definitely a great drinking song! This one too:

Dropkick Murphys were my drinking party band favorites!  8)

https://twitter.com/shhon_

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

#5 Feb 15, 2023, 07:06 PM Last Edit: Feb 15, 2023, 07:09 PM by Guybrush
Jesus, that makes me wanna drink beer and smoke cigarettes. Did I mention I'm a teetotal? :laughing:

A few Norwegian bands made decent beer drinking music. One of them was Black Debbath (which had some overlap in members with Thulsa Doom from my first post). A sorta comedy band a bit like Tenacious D, they made music in Norwegian, but released an EP called Welcome to Norway for tourists (yes, as a joke).

The cover art picture was taken inside a sea bird exhibit of the zoological museum where I used to work.

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 09, 2023, 05:33 PMSo let your balls and boobs hang free and post some of your favorite party drinking rock music! 🎸🤘

:laughing: This was a total, genuine laugh out loud moment because it seemed such an out-of-character remark, guybrush!

My pals and me never really went for sing-along songs - perhaps I was at the wrong parties :( . Not trying to sound superior, but for us the combination of friends, booze and music seemed to generate, over and over again, completely pointless and increasingly impassioned arguments about who was better, Bob Dylan or Pink Floyd.

The closest I got to sing-along music was during a friendship with two sisters who had Status Quo playing at all possible moments:-

To get lost is to learn the way.

There are some songs that are clearly made by and for drunk people. This is one of them.