How do you like the current default theme?

It's gross, I hate it
1 (16.7%)
I don't like it
0 (0%)
I'm like true neutral
0 (0%)
I like it
4 (66.7%)
I love it!
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Say, how do you like the default theme? How does it work for you when it's in dark mode?

I'd love to get some feedback on it. I've had a look at the css and it doesn't look easy to tweak, but we can probably make some changes. The simplest is to change the cyan colors for something else.

PS! Theme can also be set as a user setting, so check under "Look and layout" under your personal settings.

Happiness is a warm manatee

For myself, I do like it (light theme is great), but using the Dark theme, I find the cyan text is quite hard to read.

I sometimes like dark theme when I'm in bed at night. I'm not sure it's true, but I'm thinking the lighter screen from the light theme will serve to keep me up at night while the dark theme won't as much.

#2 Jan 11, 2023, 09:16 AM Last Edit: Jan 14, 2023, 10:34 AM by Guybrush
Made some minor adjustment to CSS / colors on sticky threads.

Possibly not right just yet, but anyways better :) changes were made both to light and dark themes.

The theme is fine but there are a lot of subforums. I'll probably get used to it but maybe you could trim it down a bit.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jan 12, 2023, 06:29 PMThe theme is fine but there are a lot of subforums. I'll probably get used to it but maybe you could trim it down a bit.

Probably, but I'm thinking we should wait a bit and see which forums get used and which ones end up collecting dust.

I have a question regarding the interface: Is it possible to see which posts (up until the present moment) have status as unread when viewing them in a thread? At any rate I am unable to distinguish them visually from eachother when reading threads, so I'm wondering if this is something genuinely unavailable at the moment, and if so may this functionality be added to the site in future?

On a related note, I don't know if there's a place I can click to see the first unread post in a thread when opening it. Don't know if it's just me being stupid again or something that's actually missing, but this is something that, although missable, I feel is fairly easy to find on sites like MB.

Thanks for some great questions and feedback, @GD.

I can't say I know of that functionality yet, but it might be available natively or through a plugin. When I find some time, I'll see what I can do. I have a test version of this forum too where I can test out some things and can make some reports on my findings.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jan 14, 2023, 10:32 AMThanks for some great questions and feedback, @GD.

I can't say I know of that functionality yet, but it might be available natively or through a plugin. When I find some time, I'll see what I can do. I have a test version of this forum too where I can test out some things and can make some reports on my findings.
Yeah, thanks

It appears that the little sign that says "new" next to the title of a thread containing unread posts can be clicked to go to the first such, so as long as I can remember that it probably won't be an issue anyway

Quote from: GD on Jan 14, 2023, 06:28 PMYeah, thanks

It appears that the little sign that says "new" next to the title of a thread containing unread posts can be clicked to go to the first such, so as long as I can remember that it probably won't be an issue anyway

Ah, great.

While looking into your question, I came across a setting for showing latest posts on board index, so trying that out (it's underneath the forums). I'm not sure how useful it is as there are links at the top for Unread Posts and Updated Topics, but maybe people find it useful.

@GD and @Trollheart for better new post visibility, you can also check user settings. Scroll up top and click your miniature avatar / nick to bring up your menu.

Under Look and layout, you can find the option Show most recent posts at the top in topic view. Maybe that's something you want :)

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 10, 2023, 08:49 AM@GD and @Trollheart for better new post visibility, you can also check user settings. Scroll up top and click your miniature avatar / nick to bring up your menu.

Under Look and layout, you can find the option Show most recent posts at the top in topic view. Maybe that's something you want :)

Thanks, but that just reverses the order of the posts in the topic. Visually though, old and new posts still look the same to me, so I think I'll use the fefault setting as reading posts in chronological order from the top down seems the most logical

#13 Feb 12, 2023, 12:17 AM Last Edit: Feb 12, 2023, 12:19 AM by fire
it is ok a bit confusing.
at MB it was more clear and more readable.
can you do the different sections in different colors?
for example Community section will be red and the Boards in that section (Welcome, Creators corner) will be in that color too (red), maybe a lighter or darker version of the color, or just bold it.

Could we have music related subforums at the top, non music below?

Is this actually a music forum btw?

Only God knows.