i saw them in portland or around 94 i think

so you're from madison?

i've only been there once but i had really special time

#16 Feb 10, 2023, 12:25 AM Last Edit: Feb 10, 2023, 12:30 AM by Lady of Synth
Quote from: TheNonSexual OccultHawk on Feb 10, 2023, 12:22 AMi saw them in portland or around 94 i think

so you're from madison?

i've only been there once but i had really special time

Nice! And yep, proud Madisonian, lived here my whole life. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit here!

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

i had made friends with this guy from south africa that was traveling around america in a van and before the gig they set out three beers for the members of killdozer and this south african dude climbed on stage and chugged one of them

it still makes me laugh

he also gave me a fantastic dinosaur jr bootleg

i told him i saw nirvana open for dinosaur and he said that's the way it should be and i fully agreed then and still do

Some of my favourites so far:-

Janszoon's --Some Blues But Not the Kind That's Blue
Mrs. Waffles's --I'm Going to Use Everything I'm Saying Right Now as the Title of This Song
Psy-Fi's --She's Actin' Single, I'm Drinkin' Double and Small Flowers Crack Concrete
ribbons'-- Orange Was The Color Of Her Dress, Then Silk Blue and Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?
Guybrush's --Weasels Ripped My Flesh

...and here are some I like:-

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother and Astonomy Domine
Super Rail Band - New Dimensions In Rail Culture
Soft Machine - Out Bloody Rageous and Dedicated To You But You Weren't Listening
Van Morrison - Inarticulate Speech Of The Heart
John Fahey - Of Rivers And Religion
Klaatu - Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft
Gryphon - Red Queen To Gryphon Three

Actually, once you start the list just goes on and on, so Beefheart, Dylan and others must wait for another day.

To get lost is to learn the way.

Oh Me Oh My... The Way the Day Goes by the Sun Is Setting Dogs Are Dreaming Lovesongs of the Christmas Spirit
By Devendra Banhart

I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass
By Yo La Tengo

come to think of it i think the greatest album title of all time is the prophetic The Shape of Jazz to Come

"I'm Downright Amazed at What I Can Destroy With Just a Hammer"—Atom and His Package

This is what you want. This is what you get.

^ That works, because when you read the title, you just have to listen to the song!

Incredible String Band had some decent album titles imo: Be Glad For The Song Has No Ending and Liquid Acrobat As Regards The Air

To get lost is to learn the way.