#46 Feb 22, 2023, 05:18 AM Last Edit: Feb 22, 2023, 06:26 AM by Janszoon
Damn, I've been here a few weeks and I didn't realize I could've been calling @Trollheart a whiny c*nt all this time! Wait, do I have to use an asterisk instead of a "u" to avoid violating the "Don't be nasty to others" rule or not?  I'm a little unclear on that.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

How was I being nasty? I said congratulations.

#48 Feb 22, 2023, 05:27 AM Last Edit: Feb 22, 2023, 06:26 AM by Janszoon
Quote from: Jwb on Feb 22, 2023, 05:23 AMHow was I being nasty? I said congratulations.
You tell me. I was just confirming with one of the two admins whether I could call people "whiny c*nts" or not.

You forgot joyless. And way to prove me wrong lol.

#50 Feb 22, 2023, 05:31 AM Last Edit: Feb 22, 2023, 06:26 AM by Janszoon
Quote from: Jwb on Feb 22, 2023, 05:29 AMYou forgot joyless. And way to prove me wrong lol.
I don't feel like I'd use "joyless" much. I'm more interested in calling people "whiny c*nts" if it's permissible.

Why don't you just take a risk for once in your joyless life instead of always asking for permission to have fun?

See? It has a lot of applications.

Let's make this very clear for all, then. It is NOT permitted and I deleted that post even before I realized it'd been left untouched and had generated some follow-up discussion in its wake.

Jwb, I'm glad you're here, but this is not MB where rules are mostly ignored by all. I'd appreciate it if you checked out the goals and rules threads in the announcements forum.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 22, 2023, 06:45 AMLet's make this very clear for all, then. It is NOT permitted and I deleted that post even before I realized it'd been left untouched and had generated some follow-up discussion in its wake.

Jwb, I'm glad you're here, but this is not MB where rules are mostly ignored by all. I'd appreciate it if you checked out the goals and rules threads in the announcements forum.

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 22, 2023, 06:45 AMLet's make this very clear for all, then. It is NOT permitted and I deleted that post even before I realized it'd been left untouched and had generated some follow-up discussion in its wake.

you're saying we can't insult each other here?

I thought this place was supposed to be better than MB

#55 Feb 22, 2023, 08:47 AM Last Edit: Feb 22, 2023, 08:48 AM by Guybrush
Quote from: Jwb on Feb 22, 2023, 07:49 AMyou're saying we can't insult each other here?

Sure you can. You might say Guybrush, you degenerate anteater. How are the bugs treating ya?

If I feel like we're friends and know each other, you can write or say a whole bunch of things and I won't get offended because I know that you have my best interests at heart.

What I don't want is nastiness or trolling to f.ex. simply make someone look bad or to get a rise out of people. On MB, I get the feeling that people are sometimes looking to interpret anything you write in the worst possible way so they can attack you with it. It can become a hostile and toxic environment. You know how that goes. Here on SCD, that would be counter to our nr. 1 goal which is to have an environment that promotes friendship and trust, so I'm hoping we can prevent that here.

Quote from: Jwb on Feb 22, 2023, 07:50 AMI thought this place was supposed to be better than MB

It's completely different :)

Quote from: Jwb on Feb 22, 2023, 07:50 AMI thought this place was supposed to be better than MB

it is better if we stick to explaining why we disagree and stick to the points instead of insulting each other even though i don't think you were being malicious it's better to let the conversation blossom instead of becoming poisoned - i do think we should be able to make our points as forcefully as we like as long as we are focused on the topic and not the person on the other side of the discussion but that's up to trolls and guy

Well that honeymoon phase certainly didn't last long

Fuck the world

i'm very glad you're here if that's any consolation- try the new mellowed style - it's healthier

Quote from: TheNonSexual OccultHawk on Feb 22, 2023, 09:34 AMit is better if we stick to explaining why we disagree and stick to the points instead of insulting each other even though i don't think you were being malicious it's better to let the conversation blossom instead of becoming poisoned - i do think we should be able to make our points as forcefully as we like as long as we are focused on the topic and not the person on the other side of the discussion but that's up to trolls and guy

Very well put, OH :) as a general rule, I'd agree with his.

Quote from: Jwb on Feb 22, 2023, 03:30 PMWell that honeymoon phase certainly didn't last long

Fuck the world

Stick around, jwb :)

I have very fond memories of our great discussion on ants. That was something special.. I know you felt it too :love: 🐜