Quote from: grindy on Aug 08, 2024, 03:10 PMIt was a joke based on another thing CP can stand for.

Sorry Big G totally missed it ;D was a good one as well.

Guys I am referring to cerebral palsy not anything noncey.

Only God knows.

I did CrossFit again on Thursday and got absolutely knackered. What killed me was these double thrusters.. basically squats where you also do dumbbell shoulder presses. There's typically a lot of reps and it was also back to back with rowing, situps while throwing medicine balls to your partner, kettlebell swings and these medicine balls squat cleans. The 12,5 kg dumbbells was too much for the double thrusters, as I knew it would be, but the lighter weights had been taken 😅

I feel my age at these things.

Happiness is a warm manatee

This was yesterday morning, came home hurting with a big fucking blister on my foot. Was down bad, couldnt go out for round two at night.

I'll be transitioning back to lifting today now that I cant walk or run.

So many steps. You must be getting some long legs, @Shhon !

I haven't exercised as much the last few months, but still had a great squat sesh on Wednesday. It was the same 4 X 20 reps with 60 kgs, but did them all without really losing tempo which is something I've been doing before, so I was very pleased.

My plan is to properly get back on that horse any day now. And do at least two CrossFit sessions next week.

#1075 Aug 17, 2024, 03:41 PM Last Edit: Aug 17, 2024, 09:15 PM by Shhon
Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 17, 2024, 07:34 AMSo many steps. You must be getting some long legs, @Shhon !

I haven't exercised as much the last few months, but still had a great squat sesh on Wednesday. It was the same 4 X 20 reps with 60 kgs, but did them all without really losing tempo which is something I've been doing before, so I was very pleased.

My plan is to properly get back on that horse any day now. And do at least two CrossFit sessions next week.
I post everyday to Boxden and been trying to just paste here. August 14th was 14K steps. but that blister fucked me up there this week.

Yeah ive been walking and running a lot. mainly just walking to the park and running a few laps and walking back.

Thats cool you're into crossfit, I dont really know what that it. @Guybrush do you have any cool parks there locally where you are? You've shared really nice photos of where you live but I wonder sometimes how the parks situation is for people here.

#1076 Aug 17, 2024, 11:50 PM Last Edit: Aug 17, 2024, 11:53 PM by Guybrush
Quote from: Shhon on Aug 17, 2024, 03:41 PMI post everyday to Boxden and been trying to just paste here. August 14th was 14K steps. but that blister fucked me up there this week.

Yeah ive been walking and running a lot. mainly just walking to the park and running a few laps and walking back.

Thats cool you're into crossfit, I dont really know what that it. @Guybrush do you have any cool parks there locally where you are? You've shared really nice photos of where you live but I wonder sometimes how the parks situation is for people here.

CrossFit, to the extent I've now done it, is you get a handful of exercises you're gonna do on rotation for maybe half an hour. There's almost always a lot of reps, so you're usually gonna end up doing like 50 - 100 reps of the various exercises you do in that timespan, perhaps even more. There's no set rest times between exercises, so it's pretty intense. You're also allowed to "cheat" (when you must), like to use your body in whatever way gets the rep done.

If I was to briefly describe it poorly, I'd say it's a bit like doing cardio only with like.. Burpees, box jumps, situps and also a lot of strength exercises / weights like kettlebell swings and power cleans, squats, etc. It seems more transferable to a sort of real life usefulness than pure hypertrophy training, but you of course won't get as jacked. It's also generally way tougher, so every time I go I know I will also suffer 😅

There are parks here, but they're kinda crap and either way we're surrounded by forests, so when starting a jog from the house, it only takes 2-3 minutes to get to the forest edge.

Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 17, 2024, 11:50 PMCrossFit, to the extent I've now done it, is you get a handful of exercises you're gonna do on rotation for maybe half an hour. There's almost always a lot of reps, so you're usually gonna end up doing like 50 - 100 reps of the various exercises you do in that timespan, perhaps even more. There's no set rest times between exercises, so it's pretty intense. You're also allowed to "cheat" (when you must), like to use your body in whatever way gets the rep done.

If I was to briefly describe it poorly, I'd say it's a bit like doing cardio only with like.. Burpees, box jumps, situps and also a lot of strength exercises / weights like kettlebell swings and power cleans, squats, etc. It seems more transferable to a sort of real life usefulness than pure hypertrophy training, but you of course won't get as jacked. It's also generally way tougher, so every time I go I know I will also suffer 😅

There are parks here, but they're kinda crap and either way we're surrounded by forests, so when starting a jog from the house, it only takes 2-3 minutes to get to the forest edge.

thats interesting!

damn, thats too bad about the small parks.

we have forest stuff here but there are trails in them

Closed the week for me off strong with 24k steps yesterday

made up for some weak days...