Tore, thanks so much for the welcome!  I feel like I'm in an alternate universe, but it's my responsibility to familiarize myself with the surroundings - and I will!  In the meantime, hi everyone and great to see many familiar names from MB here.   :D

My first question is:  How do I make an avatar, lol? 

Quote from: ribbons on Jan 20, 2023, 11:06 PMTore, thanks so much for the welcome!  I feel like I'm in an alternate universe, but it's my responsibility to familiarize myself with the surroundings - and I will!  In the meantime, hi everyone and great to see many familiar names from MB here.   :D

My first question is:  How do I make an avatar, lol? 

I'm very pleased to see you here, ribbons  :D

To change your avatar, look for your personal menu. If you're on your phone, it's centered on top of the page. If you're on a PC or tablet, it's probably up to the right. In your case, it should look like your placeholder missing avatar.

Pressing/clicking it brings up a menu. Look for Profile details :)

Happiness is a warm manatee

Thank you, Tore  :D  Mission accomplished!

The site is very impressive and you and Trollheart have done a great job here in every way.  Well done, and thank you!

Hello Guybrush, Trollheart, Lisnaholic, Janszoon, OccultHawk, Tristan, RubberSoul, Comus, Synth, and ribbons (ribbons!), and others I've missed,

Thank you for the welcome, Guybrush!

I am happy to see familiar names and know that you are all still out there, hopefully well.

Here is some updated information about me:

* I have now been vegan for more than 25 years and I am still alive, last time I checked, which is...now.

* I love wearing my N95 masks!  I have worn nothing else during the pandemic.  They are comfortable, lightweight, inexpensive, and protective.  When I go outside and see another N95 mask-wearing person in the crowd of maskless faces, my first thought is, "I love you."

* I love exercising while watching Netflix shows, currently Viking Valhalla Season 2.  I also love K-dramas.  Love love love them.

* I have the blood pressure of a baby!

* I really enjoy people I've met through an online community setting, which allowed me to make two of my closest IRL friends. People's minds, expressed so purely through written words on a forum, are often so enchanting and endearing, aren't they?  When I read people's posts, I often think, "Your brain is so, so, so CUTE and FUNNY!"

* I still love making music, but I have not been able to compose as much as I would like during the last 5 years. This is due to a variety of choices, based on shifting priorities, and life changes causing time constraints. But, I hope to get back into it!  I was really touched when five years ago some Frenchman surprised me by creating a Youtube video of little recorder trio compositions of mine that I'd uploaded to Free-scores.com (a great French repository of free sheet music and new compositions). When I composed those songs for fun, I didn't realize that there are a bunch of Recorder Trio groups playing in churches and cathedrals and basements around the world, eager for new recorder music!

[MCC#6] Pieces for Recorder Trio (Erica Beay)

* I still sometimes get (((obsessed))) with a song, listening to it 100+ times until I am satiated, while I work on tasks.  Below is one of the songs I was obsessed with a couple years ago:

Not Real Anymore - by Dreaming of Ghosts

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE WELCOME AND FOR BUILDING THIS NEW COMMUNITY!

I look forward to learning more about you all on the forum. 

At first, I thought this forum might be about Scottish Country Dance (SCD) or Sickle Cell Disease (SCD). ;)  But, lo and behold, it is Something Completely Different! 

[Insert witty quote later]

#19 Jan 22, 2023, 12:42 AM Last Edit: Jan 22, 2023, 12:46 AM by ribbons
Erica!  I am so happy to see you here and to know that you are doing well.  Welcome to SCD (and by happenstance, I just got welcomed myself  ;D).  Your recorder composition is lovely and your post just gave me many chuckles - so thanks for that!  I see that your great big brain is as CUTE and FUNNY and ENDEARING as ever.   :D

Quote from: ribbons on Jan 22, 2023, 12:42 AMErica!  I am so happy to see you here and to know that you are doing well.  Welcome to SCD (and by happenstance, I just go welcomed myself  ;D).  Your recorder composition is lovely and your post just gave me many chuckles - so thanks for that!  I see that your great big brain is a CUTE and FUNNY and ENDEARING as ever.  :D

Thanks so much, ribbons!  I feel the same way about (((you))). I am so happy to see you here! Is that you and your goat(s) plus human in your avatar?? You are always so sweet, eloquent, even-tempered, and thoughtful -- the opposite of a "Little Brain," a reference to one of my favorite movies, "Defending Your Life":

"Defending Your Life" - Movie Trailer. (This movie makes me laugh every time, especially the Past Lives Pavilion scene!)

[Insert witty quote later]

Hey, Erica! So nice to see you on board and good to see you're alive and well <3

I also really like your composition. The way its produced here, it kinds reminds me of something out of the moomins cartoon TV show. So quirky! I might look up that sheet music if it's available on that site :)

Quote from: VEGANGELICA on Jan 22, 2023, 12:58 AM
Quote from: ribbons on Jan 22, 2023, 12:42 AMErica!  I am so happy to see you here and to know that you are doing well.  Welcome to SCD (and by happenstance, I just go welcomed myself  ;D).  Your recorder composition is lovely and your post just gave me many chuckles - so thanks for that!  I see that your great big brain is a CUTE and FUNNY and ENDEARING as ever.  :D

Thanks so much, ribbons!  I feel the same way about (((you))). I am so happy to see you here! Is that you and your goat(s) plus human in your avatar?? You are always so sweet, eloquent, even-tempered, and thoughtful -- the opposite of a "Little Brain," a reference to one of my favorite movies, "Defending Your Life":

"Defending Your Life" - Movie Trailer. (This movie makes me laugh every time, especially the Past Lives Pavilion scene!)

(((Erica))), thank you.  LOL - it's been a long time since I've used triple parentheses around your name.  I've always thought the parentheses represented a hug (and that's my intention here), but then someone on MB said it represents something derogatory, far-right, and even antisemitic.  Who would have thought?  ::) But it will remain a big hug for you.

No, that is not a pic of me and another human and lamb.  It's a photo of Paul and Linda McCartney - and lamb!  I'm a major Paul and Linda AND lamb stan.  :D

I see I have a new film to watch.  That trailer was funny!

I've never heard of that movie and it has Rip Torn AND Meryl Streep in it? Weird.

Something for our film club, perhaps? :)

VEGANGELICA !!! So nice to see you again after so long! I often wondered how you were doing after leaving MB, and I'm glad to hear that you've come out the other side of the intense covid years. I wear a KN95, which is the Chinese version of N95: comfortable and effective, but I can't say I love wearing it. I'm all vaccined up, but got covid in the end, back in November. No serious symptoms, which was just as well because where I work, covid entitles you to just 4 days off sick, which is crazy policy when it takes longer than that to be non-contageous, afaik.

...and welcome to this new forum, ribbons! I was also wondering about your avatar; I assumed it was you cuddling up to Paul McCartney and I was hoping you had a bit of IRL gossip to report to us  ;) 

To get lost is to learn the way.

Good to see everyone again. I was formally known as Anteater, but my star is rising again.  Thanks to Tore for inviting me and I'm looking forward to writing about and sharing music stuffz once again.

#26 Jan 22, 2023, 10:18 PM Last Edit: Jan 23, 2023, 12:01 AM by Guybrush
Quote from: Nimbly9 on Jan 22, 2023, 10:03 PMGood to see everyone again. I was formally known as Anteater, but my star is rising again.  Thanks to Tore for inviting me and I'm looking forward to writing about and sharing music stuffz once again.

It's good to see you here, old friend :)

(Tore here btw)

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Jan 22, 2023, 10:03 PMGood to see everyone again. I was formally known as Anteater, but my star is rising again.  Thanks to Tore for inviting me and I'm looking forward to writing about and sharing music stuffz once again.

nice!!!

you are one of the greatest resources for discovering new music out there - i've  learned so much from you - glad to see you here instead of on music cancer

Quote from: TheNonSexual OccultHawk on Jan 22, 2023, 10:35 PM

nice!!!

you are one of the greatest resources for discovering new music out there - i've  learned so much from you - glad to see you here instead of on music cancer

Wow, your here too OH? Damn that's awesome.

I saw another post of yours, noticed "111/100 On The Yachtski Scale" and thought it might be you. Good to see you over here.  :beer: