QuoteSep 23, 2024 
Quantum computers use the principles of quantum mechanics to process information in ways that classical computers can't. They rely on qubits, which can exist in multiple states simultaneously, allowing for more complex computations and parallel processing. Unlike classical bits, which are either 0 or 1, qubits can be in a state of 0, 1, or both simultaneously (superposition). This allows quantum computers to process a vast amount of information at once. Qubits can be entangled, meaning the state of one qubit can depend on the state of another, no matter how far apart they are. This correlation can be used to perform complex calculations more efficiently. Quantum computers could break widely used encryption methods (like RSA) due to their ability to factor large numbers quickly. This has led to the development of quantum-resistant encryption algorithms. They can simulate molecular interactions at a quantum level, significantly speeding up the drug discovery process by predicting how different compounds will behave. In this video, we have explained quantum computing in simple words and explained how quantum computers work.

Sep 21, 2024

QuoteA massive thank you to Alexandre De Oliveira and Karsten Nohl making this demo possible.

A special thanks to Crofton Black at Lighthouse Reports, Cathal Mc Daid at Enea, and James Hobson at Hacksmith Industries.

00:00 I hacked Linus!
00:59 How Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak hacked the telephone network
02:22 Early history of the telephone
07:08 The kidnapping of Sheikha Latifa
08:41 How Signalling System No. 7 works
11:03 Why SS7 is vulnerable to hacking
12:15 How hackers gain access to phones
16:17 How I was able to spy on Linus' phone
18:09 How hackers can intercept text messages
21:04 How your location can be tracked via SS7
29:03 How to protect your phone from hacking

Wait, what happened? Why was the original thread deleted?

@Guybrush do you happen to know anything about this?

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Sep 24, 2024, 01:46 PMWait, what happened? Why was the original thread deleted?

@Guybrush do you happen to know anything about this?
a week ago, I went through every single one of my posts on here and deleted things I didnt want on here

a few threads too

but just figured to start this great thread over

Quote from: Shhon on Sep 24, 2024, 03:20 PMa week ago, I went through every single one of my posts on here and deleted things I didnt want on here

a few threads too

but just figured to start this great thread over

Hmm, I completely understand, though it's a bummer to lose all my posts in those threads without any warning. Thank you for clarifying.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Sep 24, 2024, 03:22 PMHmm, I completely understand, though it's a bummer to lose all my posts in those threads without any warning. Thank you for clarifying.

I actually didnt even think about how that would adjust other members post counts :/

Sorry about that, but yeah I had some things on here I wanted off the internet and some things were quoted and I couldnt remove  :'(

Quote from: Shhon on Sep 24, 2024, 04:05 PMI actually didnt even think about how that would adjust other members post counts :/

Sorry about that, but yeah I had some things on here I wanted off the internet and some things were quoted and I couldnt remove  :'(

Oh no wonder I couldn't find this thread. I was wondering what happened and went looking but couldn't find it.

I was this cool the whole time.

I really enjoy these AI generated videos by Doopido 😄 kind of a surreal 90s atmosphere, I think 👌

There's a few more like it on the channel.

Happiness is a warm manatee

QuoteOct 16, 2024

Join General Paul M. Nakasone, U.S. Army (Retired), for a deep dive into the realities of modern cyber warfare at DefCon. With critical stories from his extensive career, General Nakasone will expose the details of national security in the digital era.

The longest-serving leader of both the National Security Agency and U.S. Cyber Command, General Nakasone has been on the frontlines of America's cyber defense. He will share firsthand accounts of defending against nation-state hackers, securing critical infrastructure during global crises, and the strategies that kept adversaries at bay.

This talk will examine the evolving nature of conflict, where the battlefield extends into cyberspace and unique partnerships must be built to offer agility and resilience. General Nakasone will discuss the persistent threats posed by sophisticated hackers and the innovative defenses employed to counteract them. He'll delve into the importance of intelligence sharing, international alliances, and transparency in operations.

Looking ahead, General Nakasone will present a forward-thinking vision for the future of warfare. He'll highlight the necessity for adaptive cyber strategies, resilient defenses, and the cultivation of new leadership to address emerging threats.

Oct 16, 2024

In 2018, a secure communications app called Anom started to gain popularity among organized criminals. Soon, top tier drug traffickers were using it all over the world. Because they thought their messages were secure, smugglers and hitmen coordinated high stakes crimes across the platform. But Anom had a secret: it was secretly run by the FBI.

For years Joseph Cox has investigated the inside story of Anom, speaking to people who coded the app, those who sold it, criminals who chatted across it, and the FBI agents who surreptitiously managed it. This new talk, building on details from his recent book DARK WIRE, will include never-before-published technical details on how the Anom network functioned, how the backdoor itself worked, and how Anom grew to such a size that the FBI started to lose control of its own creation.

It will also reflect on how police have entered a new phase of compromising entire encrypted phone networks, with little to no debate from the public, and provide critical insight on what really happens when authorities introduce a backdoor into a telecommunications product.

QuoteOct 16, 2024

Dapps (decentralized applications) are a type of application in the blockchain space that integrate both Web2 and blockchain components, presenting unique security challenges. Drawing from years of experience hacking Dapps, this session will share real-world examples of Dapp vulnerabilities and attack vectors. Topics covered include an introduction to Dapps, Dapp threat modeling, and Dapp vulnerability case studies, providing valuable insights and resources for newcomers and seasoned Web2 pentesters looking to enhance their Web3 application hacking skills.