Easily the happiest song from the 90's ...........  :laughing:

Babybird - Bad Old Man

Kylie Minogue - Better the Devil You Know

Korn - Blind

I probably don't talk about it too much on here, but KoЯn is actually my favorite band of all time, or at least my favorite rock band. Been a fan for 25 years and they got me through some tough times.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

#123 Jan 16, 2024, 03:22 AM Last Edit: Jan 25, 2024, 01:17 AM by Mindy

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

This is how I opened up 1990. It was released the October before, but definitely still 90's to me. This was on the first CD I ever owned. The first one I ever really wanted anyway.

If there's quintessential Industrial in the 90's, this fits I think.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

Quote from: Hope on Jan 24, 2024, 11:53 PM

This is how I opened up 1990. It was released the October before, but definitely still 90's to me. This was on the first CD I ever owned. The first one I ever really wanted anyway.

If there's quintessential Industrial in the 90's, this fits I think.

Pretty Hate Machine is indeed an all time classic album. Definitely foreshadowed the 90s in terms of the direction of alt music. Proud to share a birth year with it.

I didn't hear that until fairly recently but I loved The Downward Spiral.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jan 26, 2024, 09:31 PMI didn't hear that until fairly recently but I loved The Downward Spiral.

The Downward Spiral is just grittier. I feel it's where Trent really found himself. It's like, everything thereafter lost that a bit. 

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

I think he peaked with The Fragile, and after that it was a pretty precipitous drop. The Fragile has a bit of filler, being a double album, but it has a lot of great material.

And in terms of sound design and textured multilayered arrangements, it's super unique imo. PHM has that kinda "still one foot in the 80s" sample heavy sound, Downward Spiral is more gritty hellish industrial, and then The Fragile is just these huge walls of guitars and ambient synth washes, a much more atmospheric side of NIN.

But yeah, from 89 to 99 NIN is a top 20-30 all timer act for me. Can't really go wrong with anything from that era.

Does anyone remember Wet Wet Wet? I feel like they're a band nobody talks about, but they had quite a bit of success in the late 80s and 90s from what I can remember 🤔

Happiness is a warm manatee

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Mariah Carey - Love Takes Time

Something I remember from the 90s if the German band Die Krupps. They were somewhat industrial metal-ish, a bit fun and goofy.

Anyone know them?

I remember these two well:

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: innerspaceboy on Sep 28, 2023, 11:14 PMEvery time someone mentions Republica I think of Elastica.

Elastica ripped that opening riff from Wire

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Jan 26, 2024, 09:54 PMI think he peaked with The Fragile, and after that it was a pretty precipitous drop. The Fragile has a bit of filler, being a double album, but it has a lot of great material.

And in terms of sound design and textured multilayered arrangements, it's super unique imo. PHM has that kinda "still one foot in the 80s" sample heavy sound, Downward Spiral is more gritty hellish industrial, and then The Fragile is just these huge walls of guitars and ambient synth washes, a much more atmospheric side of NIN.

But yeah, from 89 to 99 NIN is a top 20-30 all timer act for me. Can't really go wrong with anything from that era.

Downward Spiral is an all-timer, can't forget about Broken either.