I only know one of her songs. Surprising really.

RIP

Only God knows.

I know two, three if you count her and David Bowie's awful version of "Tonight".

RIP

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 24, 2023, 09:20 PMI only know one of her songs. Surprising really.

RIP

What? Which song?

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Simply the Best :-X

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 24, 2023, 09:47 PMSimply the Best :-X

What about "What's Love Got To Do With It", a song so popular that they named her biopic after it?

Quote from: Janszoon on May 24, 2023, 09:56 PMWhat about "What's Love Got To Do With It", a song so popular that they named her biopic after it?

OK I forgot that one.

Still though 2 isn't a lot for someone so famous.

Only God knows.

Definitely liked her better with Ike even though he treated her like crap.

The Word has spoken :D

Quote from: Toy Revolver on May 24, 2023, 09:09 PMwas it ike?

Second best headline the New York Post has ever run.

Okay, I'm afraid to ask. What was the best headline?

The Word has spoken :D

Quote from: Rubber Soul on May 24, 2023, 10:30 PMOkay, I'm afraid to ask. What was the best headline?

Spoiler
[close]

'Girl From Ipanema' singer dead: Astrud Gilberto was 83  :'(

Astrud Gilberto With Stan Getz - Girl from Ipanema (1964)

No news sites have reported it yet, but from George Winston's official press 3 hours ago:

We are deeply saddened to share the news that George Winston has passed away after a 10-year battle with cancer. George quietly and painlessly left this world while asleep on Sunday, June 4, 2023.

I'm so glad I got to see him perform. A beautiful soul.

(I'm like this all the time.)

Quote from: innerspaceboy on Jun 06, 2023, 11:31 PMNo news sites have reported it yet, but from George Winston's official press 3 hours ago:

We are deeply saddened to share the news that George Winston has passed away after a 10-year battle with cancer. George quietly and painlessly left this world while asleep on Sunday, June 4, 2023.

That's sad to hear. I never saw him live but I do like his music.

Quote from: innerspaceboy on Jun 06, 2023, 11:31 PMNo news sites have reported it yet, but from George Winston's official press 3 hours ago:

Aw, this one's really busting me up. Love his music, definitely a legend.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards