I quite alcohol in the spring of 2013, so that's roughly 11 years now 😲

Way back, I used to binge drink like once a week. Eventually, it was like something in my body just changed and I felt like crap for a weird amount of time after a good binge. Days, weeks.

It also filled me with general anxiety, so quitting alcohol actually removed a lot of anxiety. It's not part of my day to day life at all and hasn't been since around the time I quit, really.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Apr 07, 2024, 08:10 PMI quite alcohol in the spring of 2013, so that's roughly 11 years now 😲

Way back, I used to binge drink like once a week. Eventually, it was like something in my body just changed and I felt like crap for a weird amount of time after a good binge. Days, weeks.

It also filled me with general anxiety, so quitting alcohol actually removed a lot of anxiety. It's not part of my day to day life at all and hasn't been since around the time I quit, really.

That's brilliant GB! I can feel myself going down the same route and saving shenanigans like that for festivals etc. I don't feel like it has any place in my normal day to day life anymore.

Oh yeah, since January 2023 I've had maybe five drinks total and in addition to saving calories I definitely think it helped with my motivation and overall energy level. I don't think I could have lost the 80+ pounds I lost in 2022-23 if I  had still been drinking regularly.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Thanks @FETCHER. 🥰

I ran 3 kms today, just a quick circuit from the house, a bit hilly.  It was fine, but also felt a bit pathetic. Like, I didn't take any breaks or anything, but my legs started hurting fairly immediately 😅 and no way could I have completed a second lap. So, considering where I was with running in 2018, I do feel slightly pathetic.

But I had a good if very short workout in my home gym as well. Just push-ups, curls and modified candlestick with a 10 kg plate tied to my ankles. I'm gonna feel that one for a few days.

Did pull-ups yesterday, both regular set, a higher rep set with resistance bands and some eccentric/ negatives set.. I'm happy to say I have somewhat of a back burn which has been extremely rare for me.

I did 110kg bench press for five sets of 3 today.

243 pounds in USA units 🇺🇸

Only God knows.

Bench workout:

Only God knows.

My upper arm was sore today so I didn't do arm day like I wanted. I just did the 30 minutes circuit.

Does anyone still get the covid booster shot or is everyone else over it and don't bother?

I was this cool the whole time.

I don't get any. The deal was two and that was it. When they started trying to jab me with more I said no.

Only God knows.

With the new variations coming out. I constantly stayed on top of my jabs. Right before the last new one came out I actually caught covid so it made no sense to get it til six months after which was yesterday.

I was this cool the whole time.

Some new personal bests for me this evening.

70kg barbell press x 8 (most reps)
20kg dumbbell lateral raises x 8 (heaviest weight)

I am looking forward to using light weights and high reps again soon.

Would be amazing if we could get @Trollheart in here and lifting.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 10, 2024, 11:23 PMSome new personal bests for me this evening.

Well done! And yes, @Trollheart should definitely get fitter. Come on, Trolls!

I'm at the CrossFit gym.. first sesh since I bought partial membership. In about half an hour, I'm gonna be dead and with another 15 minutes of torture to go.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 10, 2024, 11:23 PMSome new personal bests for me this evening.

Barbell press = overhead press I assume?
Great numbers. Never OHP'd more than 50 for 5 reps and 20 kg lateral raises seem just unreal to me.

Quote from: grindy on Apr 11, 2024, 05:48 PMBarbell press = overhead press I assume?
Great numbers. Never OHP'd more than 50 for 5 reps and 20 kg lateral raises seem just unreal to me.

Thank you Big G.

@Trollheart thoughts? Would give you something to do, help with low mood and confidence and be a great project to read and also for you.

Only God knows.

It's not hard to imagine @Trollheart's fitness journal which probably ends up being mostly about the history of fitness, strongmen and bodybuilding.

My CrossFit sesh was exactly as I imagined it would be. Completely terrible. Can't remember last time I was this tired from an exercise.

@Trollheart improving his fitness and flexibility by constantly dodging this thread and it's notifications:

Only God knows.