Quote from: SGR on Apr 20, 2024, 01:24 AMJust a wet one? What about a dry one?

Any fart really.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 20, 2024, 01:37 AMAny fart really.

I'll take Jigga/Ye over Nas/Preemo. And it's more because of the amount of great stuff that Ye has produced for Jay (and not because I think Ye is a better producer than Preemo). Because of Illmatic, people have a strong association between Nas/Preemo, but in reality, Preemo didn't produce many tracks for Nas past his debut. 5 or 6 more maybe? Oddly, one of my favorite collabs between them was from Nas's most critically panned album:

Quote from: SGR on Apr 20, 2024, 01:43 AMAnd it's more because of the amount of great stuff that Ye has produced for Jay

What great stuff?

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 20, 2024, 01:45 AMWhat great stuff?

lol we've already established you don't like it. That's fine. But beyond Blueprint/Black Album, Ye's production on Watch the Throne and even for other artists (that Ye/Jay rapped on) like this:

Quote from: SGR on Apr 20, 2024, 01:46 AMlol we've already established you don't like it. That's fine. But beyond Blueprint/Black Album, Ye's production on Watch the Throne and even for other artists (that Ye/Jay rapped on) like this:

Sounds like Kanye didn't hire enough co-producers on that one.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 20, 2024, 01:51 AMSounds like Kanye didn't hire enough co-producers on that one.

I guess if I put it another way, I think Kanye's beats fit Jay a lot better than Preemo's beats do (at least post-2000s Jay) and Preemo's beats fit Nas a lot better than Kanye's beats do. It should be exciting to see if Nas and Preemo can live up to the inevitable hype their collab album will bring.

The shittest album Nas put out in over a decade, maybe even since Nastradamus, was the one Kanye produced.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 20, 2024, 02:36 AMThe shittest album Nas put out in over a decade, maybe even since Nastradamus, was the one Kanye produced.

Yeah I agree. At least it was mercifully short.

Controversial opinion: national anthems almost universally suck.

#369 Apr 23, 2024, 03:25 AM Last Edit: Apr 23, 2024, 03:49 AM by SGR
Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 23, 2024, 03:17 AMControversial opinion: national anthems almost universally suck.

Whitney Houston killed this rendition. Gets me all swelled with emotion, ready to say awful things about the British monarchy.

EDIT: To your point, most renditions probably do suck.

I wasn't so much talking about different versions as different anthems of different countries. I've never heard a good one.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 23, 2024, 03:17 AMControversial opinion: national anthems almost universally suck.

The suckiness of the Norwegian national anthem supports this statement 🇳🇴

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 23, 2024, 04:00 AMI wasn't so much talking about different versions as different anthems of different countries. I've never heard a good one.

England doesn't have one but if we did it'd be Jerusalem. What do you think of that? Even @Trollheart likes Jerusalem.

When we met up in Dublin he even stood up and started belting it out at the top of his voice.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 23, 2024, 12:59 PMEngland doesn't have one but if we did it'd be Jerusalem. What do you think of that? Even @Trollheart likes Jerusalem.

When we met up in Dublin he even stood up and started belting it out at the top of his voice.

England may not have one, but the UK does and it's terrible. 

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 23, 2024, 01:03 PMEngland may not have one, but the UK does and it's terrible. 

GSTK is shit but Jerusalem is actually a very good song.

Only God knows.