Whenever I need to do serious house cleaning I gravitate toward Def Leppard and Hysteria is my favorite.

What do you like to clean to?

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

I don't have any favorites but it's gotta be something upbeat and usually in the rock genre.

It depends on the type of cleaning and mood I'm in.  Usually it's an album that's semi-danceable and I like all the way through, like Talking Heads Remain In Light.  Or some of the Stones' danceable live tracks on Love You Live or the Brussels Affair boot.  If I don't want to get too distracted, I'll play atmospheric soundtracks or something like Isaac Hayes's Instrumentals album, which I've been playing recently for cleaning and laundry duty.   8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6T_X7MXg40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcr-wMyFY2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFmsB-15VZI

#3 Oct 29, 2023, 07:12 PM Last Edit: Oct 29, 2023, 07:18 PM by Lexi Darling
Mostly death metal and hardcore. I do my housecleaning while the mister is at work, so I have free reign to blast all the obnoxious loud stuff that he hates on the big speakers. He and I are out at the moment so I'll go through my usual cleaning playlists later.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Usually Ill listen to a bunch of uptempo stuff, but nothing says tidying up and cleaning to me more than this song ..............  :laughing:

Radiohead - Everything in its Right Place

I'll usually leave the heavy metal for the gym and listen to techno and rock that has a good beat if I'm doing odd jobs around the house. Was cleaning the gutters yesterday and this song came up ........

Royksopp - The Girl and the Robot

Haha.  I told my boss at work that I could picture her cleaning house to AC/DC at an obnoxious volume.  She laughed and said "almost -- Slipknot!"

My go to album for housecleaning is Trout Mask Replica.  It's a great scream along album.  I first heard it in the 70's on a left of the dial station and I was a bit puzzled that everyone was falling over themselves saying how weird it was, when I already had a big background in free jazz (uncle's obsession).  I thought, delta blues and free jazz!!  Of course!! It's obvious!!  The apparent sloppiness wore off and now it functions for me as something to do stuff to.  If it's just tidying up and I need something shorter the go to album is Pere Ubu's Dub Housing.

Quote from: larsvsnapster on Nov 08, 2023, 06:00 PMHaha.  I told my boss at work that I could picture her cleaning house to AC/DC at an obnoxious volume.  She laughed and said "almost -- Slipknot!"

My go to album for housecleaning is Trout Mask Replica.  It's a great scream along album.  I first heard it in the 70's on a left of the dial station and I was a bit puzzled that everyone was falling over themselves saying how weird it was, when I already had a big background in free jazz (uncle's obsession).  I thought, delta blues and free jazz!!  Of course!! It's obvious!!  The apparent sloppiness wore off and now it functions for me something to do stuff to.  If it's just tidying up and I need something shorter the go to album is Pere Ubu's Dub Housing.

I've definitely cleaned to Slipknot, it's really good music to keep me energized while I'm deep cleaning and doing more physical work.

I'm very certain my 70 something next door neighbors see me fluttering around the house cleaning in vintage dresses and aprons while blasting filthy brutal death metal and think I'm certifiably insane.  :laughing:

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Nov 08, 2023, 06:11 PMI'm very certain my 70 something next door neighbors see me fluttering around the house cleaning in vintage dresses and aprons while blasting filthy brutal death metal and think I'm certifiably insane.  :laughing:

On a small tangent, I once had four cats.  One of them was a long haired female turquoise tabby, and she absolutely loved Napalm Death.  I would put them on and she would crawl into the speaker horn when she was a kitten.  When she got too big to fit, she would just lay on the speaker.  When it stopped, she'd get very angry if I didn't put it back on.