"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

I play a lot of racing games and I always liked putting this song on when I'm playing Need for Speed. I felt like it would help me especially the change up near the end.

I was this cool the whole time.

I think the Damned's "Neat Neat Neat" would work pretty well, based on Baby Driver.

Time to check the suspension system.  8)

The last couple of minutes of Hang Up Your Hang Ups. Preferred vehicle: a battered Lincoln Continental. Headrests optional.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqtki6I-VTY&t=315s

Lydon, Levene, Wobble and Walker.  Incredible at maximum volume.   8)

I was this cool the whole time.

#8 Sep 23, 2023, 10:56 AM Last Edit: Sep 23, 2023, 10:59 AM by Guybrush
Quote from: ribbons on Sep 23, 2023, 03:54 AMLydon, Levene, Wobble and Walker.  Incredible at maximum volume.  8)

Ahh, so that's where U2 got their early sound 😄 at least that soaring guitar above the bass line at the end reminds me of them.

I like it (and early U2)!

Happiness is a warm manatee

Dont forget about that classic car chase anthem ...................

Lesley Gore - Sunshine Lollypops and Rainbows

DJ already mentioned Pendulum, but I've always thought this track would work super well for an action-packed scenario like a car chase.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Nice idea for a thread, MonaSomona :thumb:

Here's guitarist Dave Edmunds going flat out all the way, just slowing down for a second or two when he has to take a tight corner:-

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 19, 2023, 06:34 PMTime to check the suspension system.  8)

:laughing:

My car's ok, but I don't think that I personally could keep up with Iggy Pop. In fact, I'm struggling to imagine you, ribbons, sitting in Iggy's passenger seat, as you lean forward with the excitement of the car chase ! Clearly you have a wild streak that I never guessed at. ;)

Quote from: Guybrush on Sep 23, 2023, 10:56 AMAhh, so that's where U2 got their early sound 😄 at least that soaring guitar above the bass line at the end reminds me of them.

I like it (and early U2)!

Yes!  I suspect The Edge was influenced by Keith Levene's "crackly white lights" tone (as Levene himself described it), as was a host of other post-punk and alt-rock guitarists.  Levene's impact as a sonic pioneer was massively undervalued, imo.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Sep 23, 2023, 04:15 PM:laughing:

My car's ok, but I don't think that I personally could keep up with Iggy Pop. In fact, I'm struggling to imagine you, ribbons, sitting in Iggy's passenger seat, as you lean forward with the excitement of the car chase ! Clearly you have a wild streak that I never guessed at. ;)

Well I need to escape the Amish farmstead once in a while.  :laughing:   And maybe Iggy should be in "The Passenger" seat; don't think we can trust him behind the wheel.   8)

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 24, 2023, 04:52 AMWell I need to escape the Amish farmstead once in a while.  :laughing:  And maybe Iggy should be in "The Passenger" seat; don't think we can trust him behind the wheel.  8)

:laughing: ^ That's a really nice song! If you were driving Iggy around, I suppose you had to turn down The Beatles offer: