Quote from: SGR on Mar 19, 2024, 11:04 PMThis should be the highest priority deportation!  :laughing:

That's one of the best campaign promises I've ever heard from a politician.

Quote from: SGR on Mar 19, 2024, 11:04 PMThis should be the highest priority deportation!  :laughing:

I realize Meghan is an American, but is it possible Trump could find a way to deport her too?  ;)

Booo. Leave Meghan alone. She already had to deal with Harry's racist ass family.

I was this cool the whole time.

This is how I imagine many foreigners (Non-Americans) think of our current presidential horse race

I think I might need a translation of Joe's vocals there, to appreciate that performance to its fullest.

Firebrand Democrat strategist James Carville says Biden's poll numbers are as bad as seeing your grandma naked and that president's party is dominated by 'too many preachy females'

QuoteDespite his overall approval of the incumbent president, Carville said that he suspected there to be too many 'preachy females' in the party.

He added: '"Don't drink beer. Don't watch football. Don't eat hamburgers. This is not good for you." The message is too feminine.'

:laughing:

Are Republicans trying to lose the election? Why would you bring this case to the Supreme Court now, instead of after the election?

Supreme Court's antiabortion conservatives could restrict abortion pills sent by mail, even in blue states

Trump better pray that the conservative majority in the Supreme Court rules against restricting these pills.

Quote from: SGR on Mar 26, 2024, 05:48 PMAre Republicans trying to lose the election? Why would you bring this case to the Supreme Court now, instead of after the election?

Supreme Court's antiabortion conservatives could restrict abortion pills sent by mail, even in blue states

Trump better pray that the conservative majority in the Supreme Court rules against restricting these pills.

I don't know why you're so shocked, evil oppressive actions like this are the republicans' entire platform at this point. I'm sure their pro-lifer base is glad they're doing it now rather than waiting.

And I'm gonna be frank, it does come off as a little weird to me to say that Trump is the one that should be worrying about the Supreme Court banning abortion pills with no mention of the people who would actually be greatly negatively impacted by such bans.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Mar 26, 2024, 06:13 PMI don't know why you're so shocked, evil oppressive actions like this are the republicans' entire platform at this point. I'm sure their pro-lifer base is glad they're doing it now rather than waiting.

And I'm gonna be frank, it does come off as a little weird to me to say that Trump is the one that should be worrying about the Supreme Court banning abortion pills with no mention of the people who would actually be greatly negatively impacted by such bans.

I didn't mean to come off as insensitive to the women that would be affected if this restriction gets passed, and I personally am against the restriction.

With presidential races, I often like to view them through the lens of 'political strategy', regardless of what my opinions on any given individual issue might be (politics and the history of American presidential races fascinates me - all it takes is one little stumble or faux pas to change the outcome of a race - like Dukakis riding in the tank, or George Bush Sr. checking his watch during the debates). It probably doesn't help either that, as a guy, the pro-life/pro-choice issue doesn't affect me personally (and thus, isn't as emotionally-charged of an issue for me), which probably influences the way I think/talk about it (though it most certainly would affect the women in my life).

The broad impact this restriction would have would be a massive political blow to the Republicans. I'm by no means shocked they want to pass the restriction, but the fact they're doing it now seems like a complete oversight. It's an immense political gift they're handing the Democrats if it gets passed (even bringing the case to the SC is a gift, regardless of how they rule). Women, who might be disastisfied with the state of the economy or the border issue and might otherwise be leaning towards voting (R) will vote (D) if the Republicans continue to push this issue.

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Mar 26, 2024, 06:13 PMI don't know why you're so shocked, evil oppressive actions like this are the republicans' entire platform at this point. I'm sure their pro-lifer base is glad they're doing it now rather than waiting.

Aw don't do it! We much prefer you as Lexi!

Quote from: SGR on Mar 26, 2024, 06:39 PMI didn't mean to come off as insensitive to the women that would be affected if this restriction gets passed, and I personally am against the restriction.

With presidential races, I often like to view them through the lens of 'political strategy', regardless of what my opinions on any given individual issue might be (politics and the history of American presidential races fascinates me - all it takes is one little stumble or faux pas to change the outcome of a race - like Dukakis riding in the tank, or George Bush Sr. checking his watch during the debates). It probably doesn't help either that, as a guy, the pro-life/pro-choice issue doesn't affect me personally (and thus, isn't as emotionally-charged of an issue for me), which probably influences the way I think/talk about it (though it most certainly would affect the women in my life).

The broad impact this restriction would have would be a massive political blow to the Republicans. I'm by no means shocked they want to pass the restriction, but the fact they're doing it now seems like a complete oversight. It's an immense political gift they're handing the Democrats if it gets passed (even bringing the case to the SC is a gift, regardless of how they rule). Women, who might be disastisfied with the state of the economy or the border issue and might otherwise be leaning towards voting (R) will vote (D) if the Republicans continue to push this issue.

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to clarify your point of view.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Trump's Net Worth Hits $6.5 Billion, Making Him One of World's 500 Richest People

QuoteDonald Trump's business empire was supposed to be in peril like never before on Monday. Instead, it turned into the single-greatest day on record for the former president's wealth.