Here, a politician has to walk the fucking straight and narrow or they get shot right down. Figuratively speaking.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Aug 31, 2023, 02:30 PMIf we actually wanted to lock up the criminals that have gotten the U.S. to this point of polarization, where nobody trusts anything, then almost all of them in both parties would have a mugshot at this point.

But the difference you see, is that the Democrats didn't stage an insurrection after the 2016 election by illegally trespassing in a federal building without firearms. You see, had the insurrectionists stayed in the Capitol Building for much longer, the government would've had no choice but to hand over the nuclear codes.

Quote from: SGR on Sep 01, 2023, 03:31 AMBut the difference you see, is that the Democrats didn't stage an insurrection after the 2016 election by illegally trespassing in a federal building without firearms. You see, had the insurrectionists stayed in the Capitol Building for much longer, the government would've had no choice but to hand over the nuclear codes.

Of course.  And don't forget that the QAnon Shaman was literally hours away from taking over Nancy Pelosi's office and putting his feet up on her desk, which of course would have been the worst thing to happen since 9/11.

That whole debacle was an embarrassment. That's what it looked like from here, certainly.

No doubt some of the perpetrators had very malicious intents too.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 03, 2023, 10:04 AMThis Physician needs his license revoked. He shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine anymore.

Yeah. I'm thinking he's compromised in some way.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Aug 31, 2023, 02:30 PMIf we actually wanted to lock up the criminals that have gotten the U.S. to this point of polarization, where nobody trusts anything, then almost all of them in both parties would have a mugshot at this point.

oh look guys it's an enlightened centrist.  You must be someone who thinks for himself and not just a fence sitter who is terrified to pick a side. 🙄

#53 Sep 03, 2023, 10:29 PM Last Edit: Sep 03, 2023, 10:36 PM by Nimbly9
Quote from: Jwb on Sep 03, 2023, 10:23 PMoh look guys it's an enlightened centrist.  You must be someone who thinks for himself and not just a fence sitter who is terrified to pick a side. 🙄

Which side would make you whine the most if I picked it?  :laughing:

I'm happy to help you set up any strawman you want, but there is a certain irony that you'd say something like that over a video of Democrats questioning democracy for two decades.

#54 Sep 03, 2023, 11:21 PM Last Edit: Sep 03, 2023, 11:25 PM by Jwb
I didn't watch your video because I don't care. Every time Trump gets in hot water we have his fans coming out trying to run defense with "What about the democrats??" Since they have no excuse for Trump's actual behavior.  They just want to pivot the attention away from his actions whenever they fall under the microscope.

As for who you should pick, you could pick the Republicans since you clearly lean more towards their side.  I would definitely respect an actual MAGA head more than a phony centrist. 

#55 Sep 03, 2023, 11:27 PM Last Edit: Sep 03, 2023, 11:31 PM by Nimbly9
Quote from: Jwb on Sep 03, 2023, 11:21 PMI didn't watch your video because I don't care.

You could pick the Republicans since you clearly lean more towards their side.  I would definitely respect an actual MAGA head more than a phony centrist.

Case in point. You run defense for neoliberalism all you want.  Take a little responsibility and stop whining when Republicans take notes.

Yes, the case in point is that Trump tried to overturn the last election and your response is a fuckin youtube compilation of Democrats saying stuff. 

Quote from: Jwb on Sep 03, 2023, 11:30 PMYes, the case in point is that Trump tried to overthrow the last election and your response is a fuckin youtube compilation of Democrats saying stuff. 

January 6th is the natural culmination of two decades of neoliberals undercutting faith in the electoral process since Bush. Who do you think taught the Republicans how to do that?  They're late to the party and even when they do protest an election they didn't like, they still failed anyway.  And all that being said, none of you actually care about democracy so again - your protestations are funny.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Sep 03, 2023, 11:33 PMJanuary 6th is the natural culmination of two decades of neoliberals undercutting faith in the electoral process since Bush. Who do you think taught the Republicans how to do that?  They're late to the party.
No it isn't.  It happened specifically under Trump for a reason,  because it takes someone with his type of disposition to convince people to do that in the first place.

Notice you are still trying to desperately avoid the topic by immediately pivoting  back to the democrats.  What do you think about Trump's actions specifically?

Quote from: Jwb on Sep 03, 2023, 11:36 PMNo it isn't.  It happened specifically under Trump for a reason,  because it takes someone with his type of disposition to convince people to do that in the first place.

Notice you are still trying to desperately avoid the topic by immediately pivoting  back to the democrats.  What do you think about Trump's actions specifically?

I think he's a greedy neoliberal who co-opted the Republican Party and won because Clinton was incompetent.  I think any argument about January 6th doesn't work because Trump told people to protest peacefully.  You'd have a better case blaming Maxine Waters for the BLM riots. He didn't have an actual path to undercutting the electoral process (all he did was make phone calls and complain to officials in Georgia). Trump and his various legal debacles are a convenient distraction from the current administration and their inability to do anything about the inflation that's killing what is left of the middle class's buying power.  Despite everything they say, they want him to be the Republican nominee because they're sure that a Biden-Trump rematch will result in the former's re-election.

I think you are the one who is desperate.  Guess what? Trump could go to jail tomorrow and everything still sucks.  We're going to know one way or the other by next year.