Alright ladies and gentlemen.

Lets use this thread to track our progress throughout 2024.

We are gonna start it off with current stats.

You can choose as much or as little stats as you want to provide along with a before pic if you are feeling brave.

DJ
Current weight: 268 lbs

I have a tape measure somewhere. I want to measure my waist and my biceps to keep track of those gains on my arms. I might measure my chest as well since I want to work on getting rid of my flesh moobs and gaining muscle in my moobs.

I was this cool the whole time.

I'm in 🙂

I'll think a bit about what I want to measure. I'm already tracking weight lifting performance, but bicep circumference and that sorta stuff isn't really something I've thought about.

I guess it makes sense to measure these things in the mornings when it's less affected by pump and meals and that sorta stuff. The arm should be hanging right down so the amount of flex doesn't become a factor? Are those the right ideas?

Happiness is a warm manatee

yeah that sounds about right.

Also you can measure it relaxed which I think you are gearing more towards.

Some people like to measure if flexed. If you measure it flexed make sure to add that little note in and do it on a flat surface like a table.

I may decide to track a particular lift.

At present I can do a few reps with 100kg on the bench press. I'll set my target for 10 reps and if I get there, set another target.

Its chest day tomorrow so I'll see where I'm at and go from there.

Only God knows.

OK I can do 6 x 100kg.

I might actually be able to achieve this.

I'll post a pic in June/July and one at the end of the year just to show I've kept in shape.

Only God knows.

My current weight as of this morning is 257 pounds. I've been hovering around the 240-260 range for months now, I do want to see if I can look into ways to break through that barrier.

Though I think I know some things that have been limiting me as of late. My current calorie limit for the past 3 months has been 1800, up from the previous 1500, plus the holidays have been so hectic for both of us that we've eaten out more. My chest has also been outgrowing my sports bras, so I'm not getting in the best workouts. So I can work those out first and see if I can start losing at a decent rate again.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Ok, so I've made a few measurements this morning before any exercise or meals, so this should be the smallest me at the moment.

• Weight - 87.7 kg
  • Thighs - 58 cm
  • Waist - 97 cm
  • Bicep right relaxed and hanging limp - 33.5 cm
  • Bicep left relaxed and hanging limp - 32 cm
  • Bicep flexed (measured both) - 37 cm
  • Chest right above nips - 100 cm

Besides weight, I expect it'll take a while before these numbers change in a way that's apparent and not just from having a tighter or looser measuring band, so I'm thinking maybe measuring again in like.. 3 months time? 🤔

I have a slight Christmas chub, but that should take care of itself. I think I'll just continue doing what I'm doing.

@Guybrush

Yes 3 to 4 months time is what I was thinking is a good update window or whenever you feel ready to document your progress. I think I might do every 4 months instead of quarterly but quarterly is what I had in mind for this thread when I was making it.

#8 Jan 04, 2024, 03:54 PM Last Edit: Jan 04, 2024, 03:58 PM by jimmy jazz
Stating the obvious here but remember if your numbers go down or don't change, if you're also getting stronger you've probably just lost fat so don't be disheartened.

If your reps/weight are going up you are #winning.

EDIT: I did 102kg x 5 last night but did more on 90kg, think it was 9, 8, 8.

I may do dips for my chest day next (Monday) but either way I won't be aiming for 100kg x 10 for a couple of weeks now.

Only God knows.

Not sure what my weight is but I have been walking to get some cardio in. I haven't even gone to the gym yet this year but want to make a pattern of that in my walks. Plus doing some planking and situps, all together at one time would get me moving and progress.

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

As some might have noticed, my last post about working out was after I injured my back and that was indeed my last workout.
My back itself was fine on the next day but I also managed to pinch my sciatic nerve which lead to a lot of pain throughout the next weeks.
Even though I could have probably trained my upper body I was too worried about worsening my condition to do even that. I was mostly fine again by christmas but then came the holidays and I didn't really have the time nor the motivation for training.
For this year my main goal is to lose the weight I put on during the last months. While I'm probably borderline anorexic by american standards I am the fattest I've ever been and I don't like that. Therefore I'll diet hard and try to move more. Currently I weigh 96,9 kg at 192 cm. I want to lose at least 10, maybe even 15 kgs.
I also want to make my training more efficient this year, since I've got a lot to do at work but still want to have time for other stuff. I will decrease the amount of exercises per workout, I will focus less on strength, since strength training takes longer and I will drop some cool but arduous exercises, like the deadlift.
I will still use a PPL split but I will add a seventh "bro day", where I focus on some upper body isolations. My aim is to work out around 30 minutes each day, although it'll probably take longer. I'll also experiment with res5t pause sets and supersets to further save time.
The current exercise plan is below, although I'm sure I'll have to fine tune it when it comes to exercise variations, as well as weights and reps.

Day 1
Barbell Row
Pullup
Curl
Day 2
Bench Press
OH Press
Pushdown
Day 3
Squat
Back Extension
Day 4
Pullup
Row
Curl
Day 5
OH Press
Bench Press
Pushdown
Day 6
RDL
Squat
Day 7
Curl
Overhead Extension
Fly
Lateral Raise

I did notice you haven't posted much exercise related lately. Are you completely healed now?

Your program looks pretty good, I think, although I did notice it's light on leg exercises 😄

QuoteWhile I'm probably borderline anorexic by american standards

Only God knows.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jan 08, 2024, 07:42 PMI did notice you haven't posted much exercise related lately. Are you completely healed now?

Your program looks pretty good, I think, although I did notice it's light on leg exercises 😄

Yeah, I'm fine now. After a long car drive I feel a distant, ghostly cramp in my leg but its almost unnoticeable and doesn't bother me at all. I'll still be extremely careful though.

Leg exercises always fuck me up, so my usual leg day wasn't that different even before. I used to do a squat variant, a deadlift variant and back extensions.

I'll certainly not be jacked with this program but I think it'll be enough to look relatively sexy and stay healthy which is what I want. Looks like my dreams of big weights on the three big lifts will never come through but whatevs.

What is your dream of big weight for the big three @grindy?

Triple digits in KG on all of them?

Only God knows.