Hey there!

So I know we kinda skirted this topic in the workout thread, but I thought it was worthy a thread on its own.

So what do you think is the optimal fit body shape for yourself or someone else?

What made me think of it was this vid in my feed:

Although I don't mean to demean the achievement, being that huge is neither attractive or desirable to my mind 😅 It also seems like it could be a hindrance to a lot of activities.

So what is your goal or what do you find attractive, pleasing or useful in terms of fitness physique?

Happiness is a warm manatee

Good thread.

In a woman I'm honestly not fussy. I appreciate and admire most body types other than the extremes at either end of the weight spectrum. I enjoy the softness and cuddliness of some curves and pleasant plumpness as much as I like the delicateness and daintiness of a more demure and petite body shape. I'm a big fan of the female body in general.

For my own body, my ideal physique is a powerful one with muscular development but not too vascular or where my body fat is too low.

I have posted examples in the workout thread but here they are:

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 25, 2023, 06:39 PMFit bros and sisters, what is your ideal physique? I'd probably say this:

Its Mariusz Pudzianowski. One of the greatest strength athletes of all time. I'll obviously never get the height or size but that's what I'd say is ideal.

Tom Stoltman too:

I think strongmen look better than bodybuilders who imo are too low fat and look like bloated lobsters.

What about you?

Only God knows.

For myself, this is what I consider to be the closest to ideal for my size and build...

Fit but not overly muscular or 'roided out' looking.

I'm honestly not fussed much about body type or general shape when it comes to my taste in men. Grooming and hygiene and dressing well matter a lot more to me. I do love me some nice warm cuddling arms though.

And for myself, my ideal body is whatever lets me fit into flattering clothes and rock my desired style. Right now my body is in such flux thanks to hormones that it's gonna take me where it takes me, haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

I'll have this one please. 

Haha! For myself, I think of something like a fit Brad Pitt from when he did Snatch or Fight Club is good. Not huge or beefy, but still looking strong and athletic.

The upper limit for beefiness before it gets too much might be something like Cavill here.

I'd suck on those tits.

When it comes to women, I do prefer fitter and tighter bods. A little curvy is nice, but it's gotta be natural yo. Women being very visibly muscled/bulging doesn't attract me much, but I wouldn't turn it down. Might be kinda interesting.

Quote from: larsvsnapster on Nov 29, 2023, 11:40 PM

I'll have this one please. 

Is this the bear type?

Quote from: Guybrush on Nov 30, 2023, 12:01 AMIs this the bear type?

Very much so.  Whenever I see that picture I think "It's not fair to deny me of the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me!!"

Quote from: Paul Smeenus on Nov 30, 2023, 12:42 AM

This is me if I didn't lift.

No hair though.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Nov 29, 2023, 11:26 PMI'm honestly not fussed much about body type or general shape when it comes to my taste in men. Grooming and hygiene and dressing well matter a lot more to me. I do love me some nice warm cuddling arms though.

And for myself, my ideal body is whatever lets me fit into flattering clothes and rock my desired style. Right now my body is in such flux thanks to hormones that it's gonna take me where it takes me, haha.

I'm the same way, in that I don't really have a "type".  My bod tastes fluctuate wildly, depending on the person, and I've always wondered why.  I have found people physically attractive (male or female) ranging from thin to overweight; and it's not just a personality thing, either.  I just can see aesthetic beauty in the slimmer, delicate build, or a medium build, or larger, bulky build.  :D

One thing that is kinda funny about getting bigger and beefier is I think that's definitely a body type that appeals more to other dudes who lift weights than to women.

Like my wife probably doesn't find me more attractive if I get a bigger chest or thicker arms, but maybe it could impress male friends or some dude in a gym 😄

Quote from: Guybrush on Dec 01, 2023, 04:27 PMOne thing that is kinda funny about getting bigger and beefier is I think that's definitely a body type that appeals more to other dudes who lift weights than to women.

Like my wife probably doesn't find me more attractive if I get a bigger chest or thicker arms, but maybe it could impress male friends or some dude in a gym 😄

Only God knows.

Quote from: Guybrush on Dec 01, 2023, 04:27 PMOne thing that is kinda funny about getting bigger and beefier is I think that's definitely a body type that appeals more to other dudes who lift weights than to women.

For me it's not a sliding scale of beefier directly equating to more attractive, but I'm not gonna lie, there are certainly some guys where having a bit of beef in the right places can really amplify their hotness.

Not at all a hard and fast rule though, I agree with @ribbons in that I can appreciate the male form across a large spectrum of body types. I do think being put together and dressing for one's body type does a lot for a guy's attractiveness.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

#14 Dec 02, 2023, 12:30 AM Last Edit: Dec 02, 2023, 12:34 AM by ribbons
Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Dec 01, 2023, 05:41 PMNot at all a hard and fast rule though, I agree with @ribbons in that I can appreciate the male form across a large spectrum of body types. I do think being put together and dressing for one's body type does a lot for a guy's attractiveness.

Very superficially speaking (:coldsweat:), the only male physical feature I don't especially prefer is a very narrow waist.  I actually prefer a man with more of a straightline waist (is that what it's called?), or even thick around the middle.  Nothing against men who work to have narrower waists - it's just not my personal preference.  ;)

PS:  I also have a thing for forearms, for some reason.  I usually notice forearms right away (if I can see them :D), not that they need to be especially muscular.