Nov 05, 2023, 03:45 PM Last Edit: Nov 05, 2023, 04:50 PM by Guybrush
Yo!

Been sick with the flu or whatever, so took some time to digitize my exercise log which has so far been on paper.

I made a Google spreadsheet which has a couple of handy features:

• Easy lookup on the history of any exercise
  • A planner where you choose what exercises you wanna do and it shows info from the last entry (like the previous set, reps & load)
  • A pivot table that makes it easy to do statistics, although admittedly it helps to be familiar with pivot tables
  • It's easy to add menu items, like exercises, to drop-down menus

If you want to take a look, I made a copy of it which you can see here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QcfVnAHnG3xF1vA58zKcA3EL7SfScu_SuYZCIvzsKwU/edit?usp=drive_link

To use:
  • Import or save a copy of the file and add it to your own google sheets / drive
  • Remove data in the Log sheet columns A to K (L to Q are formulas that should not be deleted and need not be emptied)
  • Probably smart to make an icon / link on your phone start screen

I wrote it today on a laptop, so haven't tested it on my phone yet, but.. It should be okay.

HOWEVER I know there are other (and probably sexier?) ways to track progress. I just like to nerd a bit.

Edit:

Btw, in order to make it easier to log exercises from my phone "on the go", I just took a couple of minutes and set up a Google Form with a few questions. Note that I still have to clean up / implement this info properly later on. I might base the whole thing on this Google form in the future and remove the need to clean up, but I'll test things out first.

This is what it looks like:

If you want similar functionality, the easiest may be to set up your own form atm. If anyone's interested, but don't know how to, just send me a PM or ask here. It's super easy!

Happiness is a warm manatee

That is very thorough and detailed mate. If you want to be even more detailed you could track your diet, calories and sleep too. I wouldn't myself, but maybe you'd enjoy it.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Nov 15, 2023, 06:18 PMThat is very thorough and detailed mate. If you want to be even more detailed you could track your diet, calories and sleep too. I wouldn't myself, but maybe you'd enjoy it.

I dunno 🤔 It's easy to set up, but my guess is I'd have a hard time keeping up with the registrations.

Happiness is a warm manatee