Joshua vs Whyte confirmed for August 12th, if he wins he's fighting Wilder in December.

Usyk vs Dubois August 26th confirmed.

Hopefully Usyk wins and it'll be Fury vs Usyk for undisputed the same night as Joshua vs Wilder. Talk of it being in Saudi.

I miss Rjinn. She would have been all over this thread. RIP 💐😞

Only God knows.

Tyson Fury vs Francis Ngannou, October 28th in Saudi Arabia.

Boxing is a great sport ruined by nonsense. Top heavyweight in his peak fighting a non boxer instead of Joshua or Usyk. It's absolutely outrageous. What a waste.

Only God knows.

Spence vs Crawford was pretty good.

It was a one sided beating and the ref stopped it. I understand why they do it but it's a bit boring imo, I want to see someone get hurt. That's why people are drawn to these sports.

Good fight though.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 30, 2023, 04:19 PMI want to see someone get hurt. That's why people are drawn to these sports.

Isn't MMA a little more exciting? At least there seems to be a little more blood on the floor and perhaps fewer strikes to the head (I'd consider this good), although I might be wrong about that.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 08, 2023, 12:00 AMIsn't MMA a little more exciting? At least there seems to be a little more blood on the floor and perhaps fewer strikes to the head (I'd consider this good), although I might be wrong about that.

It is but timing is a problem for me as the events are always 4am and also the big events just don't excite me like a big boxing fight does.

UFC is run way better though. Boxing is a joke in that respect.

Only God knows.

I was vaguely interested in Cecilie Brækhus, but now I'm not even sure if she boxes anymore.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecilia_Br%C3%A6khus

The only UFC fight I saw was Holly Holm vs. Ronda Rowsey. That was great, of course, as Rowsey was an undefeated, smack talking favorite and got her ass handed to her by underdog Holly.

I remember that. I've seen a few.

When I was younger, one of my mates from school who I hung around with in the area started a group. They did music but also got up to no good. One of the lads in it was Leon Edwards. We're from the same part of Brum, I've followed him for a while and his second fight vs Usman is one of my all time sporting highlights.

Was amazing to see someone from here become the world champion.

Only God knows.

A gym I used to work out at in Montreal years ago tried branching out into boxing and it didn't really work for them. The owner was really enthusiastic and tried to have me attend the trainings but I did the "polite but firm" thing.

Maybe I should've given it a shot. The one thing that kinda bugs me about doing just weight lifting is that you never do any rapid motions. I tried playing footb soccer in the park after years of only going to the gym and boy it was rough. I lost all the mobility I used to have and really struggled with how quick everything suddenly was.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Yeah I'm more into watching random MMA fights than boxing. If I watch a boxing match it has to br relative amateurs.

The past two years they had this event called Creator Clash. They set up a bunch of Twitch Streamers and Youtube personalities to box against each other for charity and I love it.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 18, 2023, 11:34 AMYeah I'm more into watching random MMA fights than boxing. If I watch a boxing match it has to br relative amateurs.

The past two years they had this event called Creator Clash. They set up a bunch of Twitch Streamers and Youtube personalities to box against each other for charity and I love it.

Can understand MMA > Boxing generally but the big fights for me are immense. I'd rather watch a superfight than 99% of football matches. Fury vs Wilder trilogy was 🔥

The YouTube thing is weird to me but not just the boxing, the whole thing. Suppose its just what kids are into now. YouTube is the new platform like film and sports were. YouTube stars are the new rockstars.

Usyk vs Dubois next weekend BTW that should be great.

Only God knows.

Usyk vs Dubois tonight lads.

Massive heavyweight title fight.

Winner fights Fury next year.

Usyk on points for me.

🇺🇦

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 26, 2023, 02:28 PMUsyk vs Dubois tonight lads.

Massive heavyweight title fight.

Winner fights Fury next year.

Usyk on points for me.

🇺🇦

I've no idea who either of them are 😄

I guess it's like football where you need some expensive subscription to watch the Premier League?

Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 26, 2023, 05:05 PMI've no idea who either of them are 😄

I guess it's like football where you need some expensive subscription to watch the Premier League?

It is on PPV but you don't need a sub. I stream everything and have done for about 15 years. There are ways to watch for free. It's like with music, you can buy it but if you're a scumbag like I am you will get it for free.

Usyk holds three of the belts. Undefeated and moved up to heavyweight after dominating the division below.

Dubois is a British heavyweight, in the top 10 and is the mandatory defence for Usyk.

Usyk is the strong favourite and rightly so. But it should be a good fight.

Only God knows.

About to start.

Good luck Usyk 🇺🇦🥊

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 26, 2023, 11:07 PMAbout to start.

Good luck Usyk 🇺🇦🥊

Hey, how did it go?

And shouldn't you be rooting for Dubious Dubois?