All the NFL related content to be discussed in this thread.

3 more months until season starts up.

I guess we can kick this off by talking favorite teams and how long you have been fans of said team.

I'm a big time 49ers fan back from the days of Steve Young as a QB.

My secondary team is the Bills. I started to become a Bill Mafia member back when Jim Kelly was QB. I don't like any other team. I despised the Patriots and Buccaneers but mostly because of Brady.

I was this cool the whole time.

The Giants vs. Jets game was pretty decent last night.

I don't like either of those two NY teams so I didn't care much but I did want to see Mr. Waffles Rodgers as QB for the Jets and see how he would do.

Jets might have a decent run this season.

My team the 49ers lost their last game and I haven't seen any preseason games of the Bills. Those are my two teams.

I was thinking about starting up a Fantasy Football league but I don't know how much interest we have and I can't run it/start it up myself. Someone else would have to take the lead.

#2 Sep 06, 2023, 05:15 PM Last Edit: Sep 13, 2023, 01:42 AM by SGR
We're one day away from the season opener! Who's ready for some football?!

Which teams are you following? Who's got some predictions for the season? I'll give you mine below, so that when the season ends, everyone can point and laugh at how much of an idiot I was:

AFC

1. Chiefs; 2. Bengals; 3. Jets; 4. Jaguars; 5. Bills; 6. Ravens; 7. Chargers.

Wild card: Chargers over Bengals, Ravens over Jets, Jaguars over Bills.

Divisional: Chiefs over Chargers, Jaguars over Ravens.

Conference championship: Chiefs over Jaguars.

NFC

1. 49ers; 2. Eagles; 3. Cowboys; 4. Packers; 5. Seahawks; 6. Lions; 7. Panthers.

Wild card: Eagles over Panthers, Cowboys over Lions, Seahawks over Packers.

Divisional: 49ers over Seahawks; Eagles over Cowboys.

Conference championship: 49ers over Eagles.

Super Bowl: Chiefs over 49ers (unless Darnold is starting).

So many storylines this season:

Will Jordan Love rise to the occasion for the Packers?

Can the Bills finally put it all together, or has their window closed?

Can the Chargers somehow mitigate injury and make something happen in the playoffs?

Can the Chiefs be the first to go back to back since the Patriots in the early 2000s?

How will Mr. Waffles Rodgers look with the Jets?

Will Sean Payton be able to save Russel Wilson and the Denver Broncos, or is Russ cooked?

Will Jimmy G be able to stun his AFC west rivals with his awe-inspiring handsomeness and make a surprise playoff appearance?

How will well-known respecter-of-women Deshaun Watson look in his first full season since 2020?

Was Jalen Hurts incredible play last year something that can be sustained, or will he regress to the mean?

Will the Cowboys once again lose in the playoffs in absolute hilarious fashion?

Let's talk about it.

Ah shit, I missed DJ's 'The Longest Yard' thread before I posted this. Mods, feel free to merge. Sorry about that.

Betting on football games was a thrill but I don't want to lose any money but just watching the games will be fun this year. I want the Bears to do well this year. Going to want the Jets to win too.

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

How bout those Jets? And how bout Josh Allen?  :laughing:  :laughing:

The Giants vs Cardinals game over the weekend was so awesome. What a comeback! I'm not even a Giants fan but that's great football.

@SGR

Yeah this is the official football thread. I had this weird idea to make each sports thread named after movies which incorporated the sports.

So I get that it didn't immediately stand out as being a NFL thread.

there are two nfl threads,  :-X

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

My Bills are 2-1 in the season so far. Doing well.

My Niners are 3-0 which is to be expected.

I think it's kind of funny how almost all NY sports teams are ass this year so far with Bills being the exception.

The Chicago Bears have lost a franchise record 14 straight games :-\

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

I'm sad about my Niners losing their last two games. It was incredibly close both times. Lost the first one because the kicker choked. MNF loss against the Vikings got intercepted near the end where they could've possibly been close enough to get a touchdown before the end of the game.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Oct 24, 2023, 10:07 AMI'm sad about my Niners losing their last two games. It was incredibly close both times. Lost the first one because the kicker choked. MNF loss against the Vikings got intercepted near the end where they could've possibly been close enough to get a touchdown before the end of the game.

Bench Puny Purdy and bring on the Darnold! Shady Shanahan just needs to have the courage!