That's so interesting you were tutored in drink mixing by your friend, Mrs. Waffles!  I think certain cocktails are absolutely beautiful and there is definitely an artistry to their creation.  Sometimes I've enjoyed just watching mixologists creating cocktails, mulling herbs and other ingredients in a mortar and pestle, etc. 

I like a good Bloody Mary too, mainly for brunch - but not the hot and spicy Bloody Marys with tabasco sauce.  I like a classic Bloody Mary with crunchy black peppercorns as the star of the show.   8)

I was really fond of Scottish single malts. I know that's over with 😅

But damn, some of them are nice.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Never seen Russchian or Poppi before but have seen the Fever Tree drink in stores. Australia also has Schweppes pink lemonade. Used to have a mate who loved this stuff but I could never get my head around it. He drank way too much of the stuff in my opinion.  :laughing:

Quote from: Guybrush on Nov 08, 2023, 12:28 AMI was really fond of Scottish single malts. I know that's over with 😅

But damn, some of them are nice.

I used to knock off a bottle of Highland Park or Glenmorangie really slowly through winter but that hasn't happened for a number of years.

the best peace tea, never in stock at the store though

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: Meatwad on Nov 09, 2023, 12:16 PMI used to knock off a bottle of Highland Park or Glenmorangie really slowly through winter but that hasn't happened for a number of years.

My preferred whiskys were from Islay and I had a particular fondness for Bowmore (though not the cherry cask ones) and Laphroaig. Still so many other good ones.. Isle of Jura, Talisker, Glenlivet ❤️

Quote from: Guybrush on Nov 09, 2023, 03:48 PMMy preferred whiskys were from Islay and I had a particular fondness for Bowmore (though not the cherry cask ones) and Laphroaig. Still so many other good ones.. Isle of Jura, Talisker, Glenlivet ❤️

I'm also partial to Talisker and Laphroaig so another couple of good ones there too. Macallan was another I bought the odd bottle of many moons ago.

Quote from: Meatwad on Nov 10, 2023, 03:15 AMI'm also partial to Talisker and Laphroaig so another couple of good ones there too. Macallan was another I bought the odd bottle of many moons ago.

My father likes Macallan. I found it a bit too raisin-y, but maybe they also make whiskys that are not aged in sherry casks? I haven't really checked that out.

I've never seen Poppi before but the prebiotic soda that I consume every once in awhile is called Olipop.

Also those Fever Tree drinks are good well the ones I have had so far. I had the ginger beer types.

This is what Olipop looks like,

also as I was writing this post I went to the fridge and I guess my MIL bought some but there is a can of Poppi in the fridge. I have never seen it before it was mentioned in this thread and voila there it is in my proximity.

I was this cool the whole time.

That's funny your MIL put a Poppi in the fridge, DJ.  I'm addicted to the Poppi Raspberry Rose* flavor.  The only Olipop I've tried so far is the Ginger Lemon (I love anything ginger) but that Blackberry Vanilla one looks good.  Will have to try that.

*I also love anything with rose flavor, and am actually eating a Turkish Delight rose-flavored candy right now.

I made the mistake of trying the Root Beer Olipop and it was awful. Never again.

I was this cool the whole time.

I dislike root beer in general, so I've not been tempted to try the root beer Olipop - which I guess is a good thing! 

Now drinking Natalie's grapefruit juice over crushed ice.  I love grapefruit juice, and this brand is a bit less bitter than others.  Very refreshing.

Quote from: ribbons on Nov 14, 2023, 06:35 PMI dislike root beer in general, so I've not been tempted to try the root beer Olipop - which I guess is a good thing! 

Now drinking Natalie's grapefruit juice over crushed ice.  I love grapefruit juice, and this brand is a bit less bitter than others.  Very refreshing.

I love grapefruit juice too! I never remember to put it on my grocery list for some reason. I'll see if I can find that brand.

My go-tos for juice are apple and cranberry. I also have a V8 occasionally; I actually like those a lot, but I could not imagine drinking them super regularly as just an everyday drink with meals.

I usually have diet soda, juice, milk or some other flavored stuff with meals, but when I'm just doing my household routine I drink a lot of water. These days I stick to drinking at least three 16 ounce bottles per day (often it ends up being four on average) which is generally no problem for my level of activity.

And as for right now, I'm currently drinking a bottled Frappuccino while I wait for my work shift to begin. :)

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Nov 14, 2023, 06:52 PMI love grapefruit juice too! I never remember to put it on my grocery list for some reason. I'll see if I can find that brand.

My go-tos for juice are apple and cranberry. I also have a V8 occasionally; I actually like those a lot, but I could not imagine drinking them super regularly as just an everyday drink with meals.

I usually have diet soda, juice, milk or some other flavored stuff with meals, but when I'm just doing my household routine I drink a lot of water. These days I stick to drinking at least three 16 ounce bottles per day (often it ends up being four on average) which is generally no problem for my level of activity.

And as for right now, I'm currently drinking a bottled Frappuccino while I wait for my work shift to begin. :)

Hope you enjoyed your Frappuccino, Mrs. Waffles  :)  They have Natalie's grapefruit juice here at the cafeteria, and it's really delicious - but I usually drink plain ol' Tropicana Ruby Red Grapefruit juice at home, which is also delicious!

I like cranberry and apple juice as well (especially apple cider - including the hot, spiced variety!) and I haven't had a V8 in such a long time.  I do like it, but as you mentioned, it's not something I would drink with meals.  It's almost a meal in itself and I find it filling.  I drink almost all cold drinks with ice, including milk.

Just returned from the barista with an iced Chai Latte - it's very good!   :D

Quote from: ribbons on Nov 14, 2023, 09:41 PMHope you enjoyed your Frappuccino, Mrs. Waffles  :)  They have Natalie's grapefruit juice here at the cafeteria, and it's really delicious - but I usually drink plain ol' Tropicana Ruby Red Grapefruit juice at home, which is also delicious!

I like cranberry and apple juice as well (especially apple cider - including the hot, spiced variety!) and I haven't had a V8 in such a long time.  I do like it, though.  I drink almost all cold drinks with ice, including milk.

Just returned from the barista with an iced Chai Latte - it's very good!  :D

Thank you! It was certainly refreshing. Glad you are enjoying your chai latte as well!

Apple cider is great! I am planning to have some sparkling apple cider as a non-alcoholic option at the Christmas party, in fact. As far as party drinks go, back when I was underage I would always have a Shirley Temple at our old family Christmas parties, so now that I'm not drinking in most situations I think I'd love to bring that tradition back and have that at the party.

I've never used ice with milk, but I drink exclusively skim milk and I think a frosty glass of that with ice actually sounds really good! I'd love to try it, I'm making a lemon chicken dish with a side of peas tonight, I think it might go well with that. Thanks for the shout!

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards