Hot ginger tea with honey, a drop of peppermint extract and a slice of lemon.  Woke up with cold symptoms this morning and this is helping some. 

Poppi *healthy* prebiotic soda over ice, Raspberry Rose flavor.  I like rose-y flavored things, and this tastes more of roses than raspberries. 

Quote from: ribbons on Nov 01, 2023, 08:09 PMPoppi *healthy* prebiotic soda over ice, Raspberry Rose flavor.  I like rose-y flavored things, and this tastes more of roses than raspberries. 

Looking good, @ribbons 🙂 I also like rise flavor.

I've been guzzling a bit of our probiotic lately, our homemade kombucha which is so tasty and refreshing ❤️

Yesterday, I bought this tonic:

So might be my treat for tonight, although I really shouldn't drink sugary stuff when I'm sick.

I love Schweppes Russian, so hoping it's similar.

Happiness is a warm manatee

^ I've seen that tonic water, Tore - would like to try it some time.  I'm not familiar with Schweppes Russian, though.

I'm very sorry to hear you are sick  :(  - hope you feel better soon.

Feel better soon, @Guybrush !

I had my second drink of the year last night, the couple whose home we held the ceremony at gifted us with a really nice merlot and I ended up having a glass and then almost immediately falling asleep, lol.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Seven Teas iced Earl Grey with a spot o' honey.  I'll always take Earl Grey tea hot or cold.  Missed lunch earlier, so drinking this over ice and eating Sabra Smart Snackers Hummus with Pretzels.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Nov 05, 2023, 04:01 PMFeel better soon, @Guybrush !

I had my second drink of the year last night, the couple whose home we held the ceremony at gifted us with a really nice merlot and I ended up having a glass and then almost immediately falling asleep, lol.

Thanks, Mrs. Waffles 😊 and as a 10+ years teetotal, red wine is the thing I miss the most (though I'll sometimes have a tiny sip of whatever my wife's having).

Quote from: ribbons on Nov 05, 2023, 03:45 PM^ I've seen that tonic water, Tore - would like to try it some time.  I'm not familiar with Schweppes Russian, though.

I'm very sorry to hear you are sick  :(  - hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, @ribbons ! I think the fever part and the coughing part is mostly over, so getting better 🙂

And weird that you're not familiar with Schweppes Russian as I thought it was the sort of product you'd find anywhere, but maybe not?

It's simply a raspberry flavored tonic from Schweppes.

The fever tree thing was like the very watered down version of this. Lacked bite, but very refreshing 🤔

Quote from: Guybrush on Nov 06, 2023, 11:18 PMThanks, Mrs. Waffles 😊 and as a 10+ years teetotal, red wine is the thing I miss the most (though I'll sometimes have a tiny sip of whatever my wife's having).

Thanks, @ribbons ! I think the fever part and the coughing part is mostly over, so getting better 🙂

And weird that you're not familiar with Schweppes Russian as I thought it was the sort of product you'd find anywhere, but maybe not?

It's simply a raspberry flavored tonic from Schweppes.

The fever tree thing was like the very watered down version of this. Lacked bite, but very refreshing 🤔

@Guybrush, glad you're starting to feel a bit better but sorry to learn you were dealing with a fever and cough - that's always unpleasant. 

Kudos to you on the 10+ years teetotal.  I'm not a big wine drinker at all (it irritates my stomach), but if I do drink wine I'll have pinot noir.  Have you or @Mrs. Waffles ever seen the film Sideways?  "Don't drink the Merlot!"  ;)   Whenever the subject of Merlot comes up I always think of that line now.

Tore, I'm not sure we have anything called Schweppes Russian here.  We have Schweppes Raspberry Ginger Ale, but that's a completely different beverage. 

@ribbons , I've never seen Sideways, actually.

I'm honestly not the biggest alcohol drinker myself (and congrats on the 10+ years, @Guybrush !), though through the mister I do know a fair bit about it. I also love a good pinot noir, my go-to red wine as well.

I used to love a good Cabernet Sauvignon next to some powerful good cheese with perhaps bread or crackers, jelly or honey and maybe some nuts or grapes. It was a monthly ritual for a while.

I stopped drinking alcohol because it makes me real sick (more than just hangovers) and I didn't want to have to deal with it, but it is possible that I can tolerate some things. However, it's just been easier to say no to all of it.

#25 Nov 07, 2023, 12:32 AM Last Edit: Nov 07, 2023, 01:16 PM by ribbons Reason: privacy edit
Mrs. Waffles, if I have pinot noir it's always with food - otherwise it gives me a tummy ache.  :(

Tore, I admire your willpower in swearing off alcohol - you are to be commended for that.  ;)   

Alcohol almost always makes me feel ill as well.  Fortunately, I don't crave it.  There were also alcoholics in my immediate family, so it's definitely for the best I don't imbibe much.

Yeah, I quit for a few reasons: for one, I'm terrible at holding my alcohol and most of the time turn into an obnoxious goof after even just one glass of just about any drink I actually enjoy. And I always drank pretty much anything with food.

I also spend so much time awake and active that I'm already pretty tired and kind of losing it a bit by the evening; adding alcohol would make me lose it even more, haha. And neither of us wanted that, so as of January 2023 it's a no-no for me, with only a couple exceptional situations.

Alcohol loosens my social inhibitions and after about two drinks I become more outgoing (and probably more interesting, lol!).  Once I go past two drinks I start getting *sad*, and that's when I need to stop.  It's funny, even when I've become intoxicated in the past, I always was aware of what I was doing - and usually wound up taking care of the other intoxicated people around me, lol.

If I go out and do have a drink it's usually a Margarita with salt (unfortunately I love those), or a Mojito.  But I need to stop at one or two. 

Polar Diet Double Fudge soda over ice.  Full of bad stuff, but I have this every so often.  It's in the kosher section of the cafeteria. 

Quote from: ribbons on Nov 07, 2023, 01:07 AMAlcohol loosens my social inhibitions and after about two drinks I become more outgoing (and probably more interesting, lol!).  Once I go past two drinks I start getting *sad*, and that's when I need to stop.  It's funny, even when I've become intoxicated in the past, I always was aware of what I was doing - and usually wound up taking care of the other intoxicated people around me, lol.

If I go out and do have a drink it's usually a Margarita with salt (unfortunately I love those), or a Mojito.  But I need to stop at one or two. 

Back when I drank margaritas were one of my go-tos as well. I also liked a good Bloody Mary, I loved sangria, all good stuff.

I actually was being tutored in drink mixing by a friend earlier this year. The mister enjoys a pretty wide variety of cocktails, classic stuff like martinis, Manhattans, etc, but also a lot of random stuff he just finds online and I have to work with the recipes and instructions I'm given, haha.

Ooh, that's actually a good idea! Maybe we should have a recipe sharing thread for all manners of food and drink. Anyone can feel free to start something like that.