#210 Mar 28, 2023, 05:21 AM Last Edit: Mar 28, 2023, 05:24 AM by Jwb
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 28, 2023, 05:09 AM
Quote from: Jwb on Mar 28, 2023, 04:49 AMI agree with you to an extent that really the trans stuff gets way more support now than it did when i was growing up.

But at the same time people weren't shooting eachother over it on a regular basis back then. 

Like back then the comparable issue was gay rights.  While you had some high profile hate crimes,  you didn't have the constant drip of yet another mass shooting or terror attack every month or so.  When shocking shit did happen it wasn't nearly as political either.

Now it's like for every shooting there is necessarily going to be 2 competing political narratives.

i remember gay bashing being so common that members of queer nation guarded places where gays congregated with weapons

and there were many deaths that were never identified as hate crimes

gangs of people used to roam the streets hunting homosexuals

i mean you're older than me lol. You might still remember when they burned them with a bundle of sticks.

But yeah shit was not nearly as unstable even going back 10 years.

Like i said we can talk about hate crimes but there was not constant high profile politically motivated shootings and terror attacks,  with pundits arguing with each other bitterly to try to control the narrative in the wake of every single one.

As someone who came out as trans in 2004, my experience was mostly just being ignored or thought of as an ultimately harmless weirdo. It was a lot less known about back then.

I was lucky to live in a pretty liberal city, but even so, nowadays my livelihood and health and rights are seen as a "hot button issue" that is constantly teetering on the edge of being taken away, rather than me just being ostracized on a local level like I was prior to the current hate campaign.

Things weren't perfect back then, but in a lot of ways I can't help but miss those days.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

#213 Mar 28, 2023, 04:30 PM Last Edit: Mar 28, 2023, 04:33 PM by Nimbly9
Joe Biden talking about how much he likes chocolate chip ice cream or w/e then immediately segueing to talking about the Nashville shooting was very surreal.  I thought it was some AI generated thing at first.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Mar 28, 2023, 04:30 PMJoe Biden talking about how much he likes chocolate chip ice cream or w/e then immediately segueing to talking about the Nashville shooting was very surreal.  I thought it was some AI generated thing at first.

For those that didn't see:

https://rumble.com/v2f1zdg-biden-after-6-dead-in-school-shooting-came-down-because-i-heard-there-was-c.html

I imagine he was trying to add some levity to the event, it just came off as pretty ill-fitting for the nature of the event. Big surprise, Biden isn't exactly the best at reading the room anymore. But then again, there was plenty of laughter, so maybe I'm the crazy one.

Showed it to my friend and she thought it was AI as well. She's American BTW.

Biden can't even ride a pedal bike the fucking idiot. Is he still sniffing kids?

Only God knows.

talk about desensitization

starts off doing a comedy skit and the entire place is with him laughing

i can't imagine how horrible seeing that will be to the parents and other loved ones who were murdered

"my child is dead and he's got a round of jokes to run through first"

it's obvious trump set the wrong tone but what is this

we can pass it off to odd senility but this is symptomatic of a deranged disconnect- not even just that freak loser president but everyone in that room

i know some people might see this post as virtue signaling or not understanding that there were multiple reasons for the address and other things but just no on all that - the families of the dead are definitely going to see that - it's unforgivable

For those who don't follow British politics, this is the new First Minister of Scotland:

Absolutely snarling every time he says 'white'.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 30, 2023, 05:45 PMFor those who don't follow British politics, this is the new First Minister of Scotland:

lol @ complaining that scotland is white

it's not america and it's not my business but could you imagine if when i lived in japan and taught in the school if i complained that the entire school board was japanese

i know that's a false equivalency but it's scotland- they're white - i get it in america because this land isn't rightfully white but scotland - i understand that other races of people are born in scotland and are scottish but gtfo with complaining that scotland is too white - is pakistan too brown is ethiopia too black is india too indian - the scottish can take that however they want but non-white countries definitely don't play that nonsense

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 30, 2023, 05:45 PMFor those who don't follow British politics, this is the new First Minister of Scotland:

I didn't hear any snarling.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Scotland is about 96% white.

I can't believe people tolerate this sort of thing.

Quote from: Janszoon on Mar 30, 2023, 10:34 PM

I didn't hear any snarling.

He is absolutely raging mate, you can hear the hate in his voice.

What do you think of his point?

Only God knows.

#223 Mar 30, 2023, 11:42 PM Last Edit: Mar 30, 2023, 11:48 PM by SGR
I'm not sure what his point even is. In a largely majority white country, there's lots of white people in different professions and positions of power? Sooooo what? Need more diversity? Is the plan to try and boost immigration? I have no clue what Scotland's immigration policies are like, but are they restrictive (like Japan's)? Japan is one country that probably really could use more immigration from different countries given their population/age issue, but it's their country and they can run it how they'd like.

There are definite economic benefits to immigration, but if immigration from different countries to bolster the economy is the goal, to frame that around reducing the amount of white skinned people (or to be more charitable, to get more people from different ethnicities/backgrounds) in various professions in Scotland seems a bit counterproductive to me. I don't know if I'm missing context here, but the last thing he says after listing off all the white people is - "that is not good enough". That seems racist to me. White people in a largely white country holding the majority of positions/professions is "not good enough"? It's a bad thing?

I'd agree with Jansz, I didn't get the 'snarling' - but it doesn't seem like a good look, based only on that short clip alone (again, I don't know if we're missing context here). Still, I've never heard 'diversity' in a context which means more white people in a non-white country.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 30, 2023, 11:11 PMHe is absolutely raging mate, you can hear the hate in his voice.

What do you think of his point?

He didn't sound like he was raging to me, I don't know what to tell you. I also don't really know what his point was because I have zero context for this video.

This is what you want. This is what you get.