Crumbed by hand, obviously.

It's because it's wafer thin ham. Nobody puts one slice on anything. I recommend getting ham that is sliced thicker and then you can take one slice at a time.

Only God knows.

With food packaging, I find it hard to separate strips of bacon or slices of smoked salmon.

It irritates me that keyboard / mouse only works with some XBOX games and the dumb Microsoft store doesn't do a good job informing which ones. There are usually PC versions of these games, so just leave pc k/m support in for the Xbox version?

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Trollheart on Feb 26, 2023, 05:36 PMDoes anyone else have to contend with this? I mean, what the fuck? Are they trying to make an artistic statement with processed meat? What is the point? You can't possibly get one slice out for a sandwich without taking all of them out, then you have to unfold till you - hopefully - get one, then shove the rest back into the pack, by which time of course your hands have been all over them and the pack probably won't close properly to seal so the edges end up going hard. Like, why not just lay them all down flat, one on top of the other? What the actual blue jumping fuck???!!!

We get the same annoying packaging over here. You have to go to the deli counter at the market and ask for the amount you want and get it sliced off a large piece if you don't want to deal with those fiddly pre-packaged sliced meats.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Feb 26, 2023, 06:27 PMIt's because it's wafer thin ham. Nobody puts one slice on anything. I recommend getting ham that is sliced thicker and then you can take one slice at a time.

I do. So what's the idea? Grab up the whole thing and slice some off it? No matter what you do it's still going to end up requiring all or most of it to be removed from the package. Take this afternoon: I wanted croissants with ham and cheese. They're small duh so two slices off the block and then a small amount of ham on top, and I end up being unable to get one slice out to use, so have to take the whole damn thing out. Fuck wafer thin ham. And, incidentally, crumbed. You have to pay more for the properly sliced one though, which is why I keep getting the god-damn wafer thin.

:laughing:

Have you tried using a sharp knife?

Only God knows.

Well I don't think it's come to murder or suicide just yet - oh. I see what you mean!

Unfortunately none of my knives can even add two plus two. They're Irish, so, you know, not the sharpest tools in the drawer. In fact that's this one - OWWW!

Door slammers, wankers.

Only God knows.

People who go to work sick so they can spread their diseases to their coworkers.

Stay at home!

Happiness is a warm manatee

^ Yep, especially when they are looking for praise for their devotion to the job.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 08, 2023, 11:49 PMDoor slammers, wankers.

^ :laughing: Nice and short. Reminds me of a conversation I had with a mate of mine about what people say in offices. First we were grumbling about phrases like "get on board," "be pro-active", "a fast-track project", but pretty soon it degenerated to "People who say Hello. Bastards!"

I watch a fair number of amateur travel clips on Youtube: those guys who use a cellphone to record their visit to Siberia or where-ever. Something that totally bugs me is when their cameras are recording, not the sights, but their ugly mugs babbling away in front of the sight you were hoping to see. 

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 08, 2023, 11:49 PMDoor slammers, wankers.

Yeah not as bad as door wankers though. Be VERY careful when you turn the knob!  :laughing:  :laughing:

Quote from: Lisnaholic on May 10, 2023, 04:44 PMI watch a fair number of amateur travel clips on Youtube: those guys who use a cellphone to record their visit to Siberia or where-ever. Something that totally bugs me is when their cameras are recording, not the sights, but their ugly mugs babbling away in front of the sight you were hoping to see. 

I totally relate! During the height of the pandemic, when I was really missing traveling, I started following some guy on social media who posted videos of picturesque seaside Italian towns, but I eventually got so tired of so much of it being videos of him talking with the picturesque town in the background.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Maybe he thought he was picturesque?

Or should that be grotesque?  :laughing:

Quote from: Trollheart on May 10, 2023, 06:44 PMMaybe he thought he was picturesque?

Or should that be grotesque?  :laughing:

He was a pretty good looking dude but not compared to the Amalfi Coast.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Yeah, the Amalfi Coast always gets the best looking girls.