Quote from: jimmy jazz on Oct 29, 2023, 03:55 PM@Guybrush one time I was shaving my head too enthusiastically and I took a chunk of skin off. It was that thick it clogged the blade up and I had to pull it out.

My head was leaking with blood.

Took a few months to heal before I could shave over it again.

Reckon if we rubbed our bald heads together we could start a fire?

Haha, possibly. I'm at my most sandpapery right now. I sometimes rub the dome on my kids to torture them.

That skin peel sounds absolutely awful! Do you have a bald(er) patch there now?

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: DJChameleon on Oct 29, 2023, 01:43 PMI know we talked a little bit about washing hair/shampoo but I wanna do a deep dive into hair care routine.

What shampoo/conditioners do you use? Do you even care about conditioning your hair?

I know some guys don't even bother. We just use shampoo and that's it.

What type of products do you use in your hair? Gels, pomades, anti fizz products?

Also include what type of hair you have with said products.

I have C4 hair its like typical black people natural curl hair but I just recently switched up my style. All summer when I went to get hair cuts. I told my barber to shape my hair like a burst fade. I wanted to look like the ultimate gym bro. It's basically like a mohawk with the sides shaved.

Now that I have a lot of hair growth for the Fall/Winter I have transitioned to getting my hair cut into a flat top.

Oh another question for the guys that go to barbers often. What your current style that you tell the barber? Also if you don't go to the barber do you cut your hair yourself at home or shave down yourself if you rock the bald headed style? What's the razor situation that you use to keep your bald dome looking Mr. Clean spectacular?

Since I've had my hair dyed blonde, I've used purple shampoo and conditioner every two-three days to help preserve the dye. On the days I don't wash it I use dry shampoo. When styling my hair I use hairspray, and while I don't curl my hair much anymore (I did when it was shorter) for that I use setting lotion before putting in my curlers.

I do sometimes have a bit of a frizz problem, maybe worth looking into.

My hair is naturally brown and wavy, type 1C would be the most accurate. I used to have shorter haircuts, just above shoulder length, but the mister likes my hair longer and thus I have not gotten it cut since the fall of 2021. I'd like to style my bangs at some point as those do frequently mess me up by falling into my lipstick and such. And I very rarely put my hair up or into a ponytail so that is a recurring problem.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Guybrush on Oct 29, 2023, 06:45 PMHaha, possibly. I'm at my most sandpapery right now. I sometimes rub the dome on my kids to torture them.

That skin peel sounds absolutely awful! Do you have a bald(er) patch there now?

No, hair grows there again. Can't even notice it.

Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Oct 30, 2023, 10:57 AMSince I've had my hair dyed blonde, I've used purple shampoo and conditioner every two-three days to help preserve the dye. On the days I don't wash it I use dry shampoo. When styling my hair I use hairspray, and while I don't curl my hair much anymore (I did when it was shorter) for that I use setting lotion before putting in my curlers.

I do sometimes have a bit of a frizz problem, maybe worth looking into.

My hair is naturally brown and wavy, type 1C would be the most accurate. I used to have shorter haircuts, just above shoulder length, but the mister likes my hair longer and thus I have not gotten it cut since the fall of 2021. I'd like to style my bangs at some point as those do frequently mess me up by falling into my lipstick and such. And I very rarely put my hair up or into a ponytail so that is a recurring problem.

My hair is naturally a medium blonde and I used to get highlights but can't really be bothered with that these days.  I have never had short hair and look horrible in bangs, lol.  In summer I almost always wear my hair up, but as the weather cools I wear it down.  My hair is very fine and I'm always trying to volumize, including with hair spray as you do @Mrs. Waffles - but my hair stylist recently suggested a lighter (and more expensive, of course!), brushable brand (Sebastian Shaper) that doesn't strip my hair.  I never use conditioner, because if I did I'd have totally flat hair.  I don't usually have problems with frizz, which is fortunate because if I used anti-frizz products I'd go flat from those too.  I wash my hair every day but if I have to skip use Dove volumizing dry shampoo.  And I rotate shampoos all the time; currently alternating between Vanicream sensitive, Tea Tree brand Lemon Sage Thickening (my favorite shampoo) and ol' faithful Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo.    :)

Quote from: ribbons on Oct 30, 2023, 10:48 PMMy hair is naturally a medium blonde and I used to get highlights but can't really be bothered with that these days.  I have never had short hair and look horrible in bangs, lol.  In summer I almost always wear my hair up, but as the weather cools I wear it down.  My hair is very fine and I'm always trying to volumize, including with hair spray as you do @Mrs. Waffles - but my hair stylist recently suggested a lighter (and more expensive, of course!), brushable brand (Sebastian Shaper) that doesn't strip my hair.  I never use conditioner, because if I did I'd have totally flat hair.  I don't usually have problems with frizz, which is fortunate because if I used anti-frizz products I'd go flat from those too.  I wash my hair every day but if I have to skip use Dove volumizing dry shampoo.  And I rotate shampoos all the time; currently alternating between Vanicream sensitive, Tea Tree brand Lemon Sage Thickening (my favorite shampoo) and ol' faithful Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo.    :)

Does your hair get super oily? Just based off of what you say it seems like you may be over shampooing but whatever works for you works.

Also the whole switching between two shampoos. I feel like over time that damages your hair but I am by no means a hair stylist so I wouldn't know for sure.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: ribbons on Oct 30, 2023, 10:48 PMMy hair is naturally a medium blonde and I used to get highlights but can't really be bothered with that these days.  I have never had short hair and look horrible in bangs, lol.  In summer I almost always wear my hair up, but as the weather cools I wear it down.  My hair is very fine and I'm always trying to volumize, including with hair spray as you do @Mrs. Waffles - but my hair stylist recently suggested a lighter (and more expensive, of course!), brushable brand (Sebastian Shaper) that doesn't strip my hair.  I never use conditioner, because if I did I'd have totally flat hair.  I don't usually have problems with frizz, which is fortunate because if I used anti-frizz products I'd go flat from those too.  I wash my hair every day but if I have to skip use Dove volumizing dry shampoo.  And I rotate shampoos all the time; currently alternating between Vanicream sensitive, Tea Tree brand Lemon Sage Thickening (my favorite shampoo) and ol' faithful Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo.    :)

I wash every other/every three days because I was advised to by the salon that dyes my hair, they said something about how the bleaching interacts with my hair means that washing every day would mess with the dye job.

These days I also feel like I naturally just don't have to wash it as much because I don't leave the house very often and day-two dry shampoo is fine by the man of the house's standards.

I'll have to check out that hairspray brand, using too much of what I use currently makes my hair all cracked and brittle and it's easy to accidentally spray too much.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 01, 2023, 12:30 PMDoes your hair get super oily? Just based off of what you say it seems like you may be over shampooing but whatever works for you works.

Also the whole switching between two shampoos. I feel like over time that damages your hair but I am by no means a hair stylist so I wouldn't know for sure.

My hair doesn't get oily, usually it's normal I guess, but the stylist told me that my hair was a lot drier than the last time he saw me.  I asked if overwashing/alternating shampoos was the cause and he said he didn't think so (surprisingly).  He thinks it's due to the Aussie hairspray I've been using to build volume into my hair.  I spray it in, let it dry a bit and then flip over to brush it out.  He thinks the Aussie brand is damaging and has been stripping moisture from my hair.  So he recommended the gentler Sebastian hairspray.  Since I'm obsessed with building volume  :coldsweat:, he also recommended root-lifting spray as an alternative to hairspray.  The one he let me try in the salon was called Velino Roots-Up, but he said it's hard to find because it's from Italy and the salon was on its last bottle.  That stuff smelled so good, really refreshing and light!  And it worked really well.  He said he'd try to see if the salon could get more bottles from their suppliers. 

#52 Nov 01, 2023, 04:37 PM Last Edit: Nov 01, 2023, 04:43 PM by ribbons
Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Nov 01, 2023, 01:11 PMI wash every other/every three days because I was advised to by the salon that dyes my hair, they said something about how the bleaching interacts with my hair means that washing every day would mess with the dye job.

These days I also feel like I naturally just don't have to wash it as much because I don't leave the house very often and day-two dry shampoo is fine by the man of the house's standards.

I'll have to check out that hairspray brand, using too much of what I use currently makes my hair all cracked and brittle and it's easy to accidentally spray too much.

That's right, Mrs. Waffles – washing every day would definitely strip the dye.  When I got highlights, I used a color preserving shampoo and didn't wash my hair every day.  Dyeing and highlighting also have the side benefit of volumizing hair (usually). 

The Sebastian hairspray is very nice but doesn't give that mega-build and hold that those "freeze" hairsprays do.   But those "freeze" hairsprays do exactly as you say – make your hair cracked and brittle. 

In the wintertime, I don't always wash my hair every day and use the dry shampoo more often.  Dry shampoo also tends to build volume (and the one I use by Dove gives the hair a boost :D). 

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 16, 2023, 06:00 PMI could be making more if I put initiative into it and started doing colors.

Please tell me how 😂. I looked in to it a few times and I wasn't sure if I was looking in the right places 😅.

Someone above mentioned the foot peels, I have had one before. They are fascinating as well as being so good for your skin, if you like picking things you will definitely love them. It kept me occupied for hours 😂.

In terms of shampoo etc, I use run of the mill shampoo and conditioners and sometimes use a deep conditioning treatment but as I've dyed my hair ginger, the bleached ends are finally growing out and I find my hair is much healthier and not as dry as I always assumed it was.

I wash my hair once or twice a week maximum, I do shower more often but I have quite long hair and don't have the mental energy to wash/dry it any more than that.

It was me who mentioned the foot peels. I even recommended one to a female friend. In return she DMd me pics of her feet. She said it was great and now does it somewhat regularly 👍

Only God knows.

Yess they are incredible! What brand was it? I really need to get some. I used a Korean brand the last time but I'm not sure how easily I could get them again.

Quote from: FETCHER. on Nov 03, 2023, 09:51 PMYess they are incredible! What brand was it? I really need to get some. I used a Korean brand the last time but I'm not sure how easily I could get them again.

I'm pretty sure it was Plantafique. The peach 'flavour'.

Only God knows.

Amazing, I'll check them out! Thanks 😊

Poor feet. Peeling them like they're oranges.

Barbaric!!

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Nov 04, 2023, 02:29 AMPoor feet. Peeling them like they're oranges.

Barbaric!!

Yet extremely satisfying 😍