I'm listening to The Shaggs and I think I'm honestly starting to like them.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

best thread on this forum tbh

I don't think they're good, but I like them and appreciate that they existed and recorded something.

Frank Zappa was supposedly a fan.

Happiness is a warm manatee

My pal Foot Foot
Always likes to roam
My pal Foot Foot
Now he has no home
Where will Foot Foot go
What will Foot Foot do
Oh, Foot Foot
I wish I could find you

I really want to know who or what Foot Foot is. I'm thinking maybe a stuffed animal.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 09, 2024, 09:27 PMI really want to know who or what Foot Foot is. I'm thinking maybe a stuffed animal.

I think it was their cat.

Poor two footed cat.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 09, 2024, 09:38 PMPoor two footed cat.

I'm from New Hampshire by the way. The Shaggs are our pride and joy. Well, besides GG Allin of course, who happened to be born in the same hospital I was.  :laughing:

Quote from: SGR on Apr 09, 2024, 09:41 PMI'm from New Hampshire by the way. The Shaggs are our pride and joy. Well, besides GG Allin of course, who happened to be born in the same hospital I was.  :laughing:

The other day I saw you mention you were from New England so I've been meaning to ask where. I grew up in MA and have family in NH so I spent a lot of time up there when I was a kid. My brother also owned a winter/skiing home up there until just a few months ago.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 09, 2024, 09:58 PMThe other day I saw you mention you were from New England so I've been meaning to ask where. I grew up in MA and have family in NH so I spent a lot of time up there when I was a kid. My brother also owned a winter/skiing home up there until just a few months ago.

Small world!

Yeah, NH is an absolutely beautiful state. Be nice if they'd legalize recreational marijuana like the rest of the states around them. And besides that gripe, thanks largely to COVID, we've had an influx of boomer massholes buying their second or third houses in the state (sometimes, that they use as either summer homes or as AirB&Bs), driving home prices up massively - which sucks for me because I'm just looking for my first home to fucking buy so I can start a family - and we're still at the point where I see a nice house in the MLS listing, and I don't even get the chance to visit it before some jackoff buys it sight unseen with a cash offer. Shit sucks.

But yeah, I'd like to live here the rest of my life. Some people want to live in or near urban areas with lots of stuff to do - but I'd prefer living somewhere where there's very little to do so I can live a life of peace and quiet (my father says I act like a 60 year old man lol).

Quote from: SGR on Apr 09, 2024, 10:10 PMSmall world!

Yeah, NH is an absolutely beautiful state. Be nice if they'd legalize recreational marijuana like the rest of the states around them. And besides that gripe, thanks largely to COVID, we've had an influx of boomer massholes buying their second or third houses in the state (sometimes, that they use as either summer homes or as AirB&Bs), driving home prices up massively - which sucks for me because I'm just looking for my first home to fucking buy so I can start a family - and we're still at the point where I see a nice house in the MLS listing, and I don't even get the chance to visit it before some jackoff buys it sight unseen with a cash offer. Shit sucks.

But yeah, I'd like to live here the rest of my life. Some people want to live in or near urban areas with lots of stuff to do - but I'd prefer living somewhere where there's very little to do so I can live a life of peace and quiet (my father says I act like a 60 year old man lol).

A few years ago, my uncle up there was trying to sell his house and it took forever. I had never thought about until that point, but I think that's one of the real downsides to living in a quiet place like that, the real estate market is so limited. In my uncle's case it was because he was trying to find a buyer for a home set up for wheelchair, but I could see how that environment isn't good for buyer either because there's so little supply to choose from.

What part of the state are you in?

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 09, 2024, 11:45 PMA few years ago, my uncle up there was trying to sell his house and it took forever. I had never thought about until that point, but I think that's one of the real downsides to living in a quiet place like that, the real estate market is so limited. In my uncle's case it was because he was trying to find a buyer for a home set up for wheelchair, but I could see how that environment isn't good for buyer either because there's so little supply to choose from.

What part of the state are you in?

I'm in the northern part of the state. Was your uncle trying to sell before COVID? I can't imagine a home set up for wheelchair accessibility would be a dealbreaker these days. And yeah, the inventory is very limited - unless you wanna move to the boonies way up north (Colebrook/Pittsburg), which I don't.

Quote from: SGR on Apr 09, 2024, 11:49 PMI'm in the northern part of the state. Was your uncle trying to sell before COVID? I can't imagine a home set up for wheelchair accessibility would be a dealbreaker these days. And yeah, the inventory is very limited - unless you wanna move to the boonies way up north (Colebrook/Pittsburg), which I don't.

He must have started trying to sell before COVID because he died in 2022 and he had already moved at that point. It was sad because he didn't get to live in his new house for very long. He was in the middle part of the state, which is the boonies to me, but maybe that's not the boonies to you. lol