We watched it yesterday. IMO a must watch (not something I thought I'd say about a netflix production) https://www.netflix.com/title/81307163

If you have access to neither netflix nor torrents looks like it's available here

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Thanks a lot for suggesting this, had no idea it dropped on Netflix. I rarely watch Netflix, unless I hear about something interesting getting added (even though I have subscription to it, Youtube gets most of my attention). I've watched a lot of stuff about this case.

And I have to bring up the time when Don Lemon had to ask if a black hole being responsible for the disappearance of Flight MH370 was actually preposterous.  :laughing:

@jadis thanks. I really enjoy shit like this so I'll get on it ASAP.

I've seen a few decent Netflix docs but only sought them out after they got good reviews. I'd never subscribe to that shit.

Only God knows.

I can't stand netflix but I live with an anime nut and apparently it's good for that

It's not even a particularly great documentary but it's something... it does offer some facts and a few hypotheses and theories about a completely insane story that we've grown used to and almost forget how fucking insane it is. "yeah that vanished airplane from 2014"

Personally I don't think that the theory I find the most convincing, by aviation journalist and former pilot Jeff Wise, has gotten the hearing it deserves in this documentary (the good news is that it's free for those who have an Audible subscription). 

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

I'm also fascinated by the disappearance of MH370. I've been reading up on the research of Richard Godfrey, retired aerospace engineer who uses amateur radio technology called Weak Signal Propagation Reporter (WSPR). From what I understand there's a global network of radio signal enthusiasts who ping radio signals and communicate with each other in many countries (which could be anything from a small research lab to literally someone's garden shed).

"When an aircraft flies through a WSPR link (amateur radio signal) it disturbs the signal and that signal and the resulting disruption have been stored in a global database since 2009."

It's very complicated stuff (I haven't got a PHD in physics unfortunately), but put simply, by looking up the signals from the date in question (and a lot or other scientific work obviously), he claims to have been able to pinpoint the location of MH370.

According to Godfrey, "The new location is 1,560 km or 842 nmi west of Perth (277 degrees), slightly north of that previously thought, and at a depth of up to 4,000 m."

He released a new 232 page study yesterday on https://www.mh370search.com/2023/08/31/mh370-case-study/

He has come under a lot of flack for his previous research and even had his home broken into to try and shut him up. I don't know if this research is credible or not but the fact that WSPR is an primarily an amateur-led hobby (albeit an incredibly serious one), it strikes me as a brilliant endeavour by ordinary citizens, hopefully untainted by politics or any shadowy big-tech agendas.