I don't mind taking showers with my 8 year old and am gonna guess I won't mind when she's 10/11 either, but I also wouldn't be surprised if people think that's inappropriate.

For myself, I think it's a symptom of an unhealthy sexualizing of everything when naked = sexual, whatever context.

Happiness is a warm manatee

#46 Feb 26, 2024, 07:35 PM Last Edit: Feb 26, 2024, 07:41 PM by SGR
Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 26, 2024, 07:19 PMI don't mind taking showers with my 8 year old and am gonna guess I won't mind when she's 10/11 either, but I also wouldn't be surprised if people think that's inappropriate.

For myself, I think it's a symptom of an unhealthy sexualizing of everything when naked = sexual, whatever context.

That's fair - a cultural difference. I'm American, and any baths I had with my parents ended so early that I don't remember any of them.

When it comes to Biden, I'm predisposed to think the worst of it given his propensity for sniffing little girls, but that's not fair.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Feb 26, 2024, 05:56 PM

Jimmy Dore recently said: "Biden is as sharp as Kindergarten scisscors, and he's as focused as a Bigfoot video!"  :laughing:

Quote from: DJChameleon on Feb 26, 2024, 05:14 PMSo much to touch on. Why do you guys think Biden needs to be in a care home and Trump doesn't?

I really like this guy's videos. He's not a Republican or Democrat cheerleader and he's always come off to me as pretty level-headed and unbiased. His video on the topic might be worth a watch, as I agree with most of what he says.

That being said, Trump really is too old to be running (we have a minimum age to be president, we should have a maximum, and I'd suggest something in the range of 70 - 75), even if he doesn't display as many signs of mental decline as Biden does. Of course, because he's running against Biden who's even older, he can mostly avoid this obvious criticism and line of attack, as long as he doesn't make egregious verbal mistakes.

Quote from: SGR on Feb 26, 2024, 10:58 PMI really like this guy's videos. He's not a Republican or Democrat cheerleader and he's always come off to me as pretty level-headed and unbiased. His video on the topic might be worth a watch, as I agree with most of what he says.

That being said, Trump really is too old to be running (we have a minimum age to be president, we should have a maximum, and I'd suggest something in the range of 70 - 75), even if he doesn't display as many signs of mental decline as Biden does. Of course, because he's running against Biden who's even older, he can mostly avoid this obvious criticism and line of attack, as long as he doesn't make egregious verbal mistakes.

Funny you made the comment about the maximum age limit. I made a FB post about that like three weeks ago. The age limit should also apply to members of Congress as well. This is bordering on elder abuse. Let these old people go home and spend time as grandpas and grandmas. We don't need this geriatric population dedicating policies for the younger generations that they won't even be around to see how badly they fuck us up.  The max age should be similar to retirement age. Whatever the current retirement age is to apply for social security should be the same age for elected officials to no longer be able to hold office.

I'm going to check that video out later but I saw this video this morning showcasing Trump's just rambling nonsense it is even more than his usual ramblings. He's definitely in mental decline as well. The only difference is that he isn't tripping over words but he's spewing straight non sense.

All you have to do is watch the clip showcase in the first 10 mins or so of this video.

I was this cool the whole time.

#50 Feb 27, 2024, 11:01 PM Last Edit: Feb 27, 2024, 11:08 PM by SGR
Quote from: DJChameleon on Feb 27, 2024, 10:24 PMFunny you made the comment about the maximum age limit. I made a FB post about that like three weeks ago. The age limit should also apply to members of Congress as well. This is bordering on elder abuse. Let these old people go home and spend time as grandpas and grandmas. We don't need this geriatric population dedicating policies for the younger generations that they won't even be around to see how badly they fuck us up.  The max age should be similar to retirement age. Whatever the current retirement age is to apply for social security should be the same age for elected officials to no longer be able to hold office.

100% agreed. It only makes sense, doesn't it? If we are willing to generalize all people under age 35 as not having enough experience or wisdom to lead our country, there must be an upper limit in which we generalize all people over a certain age as just too much of a liability because of physical and mental decline to lead our country. Retirement age (which I think is 65) might be a little too strict (imo), but I could get behind 70. And yeah, apply it congress and the senate too so we don't have doddering fools who look like they're on the verge of a heart attack leading our chambers of congress - Pelosi should be out and so should McConnell:

Quote from: DJChameleon on Feb 27, 2024, 10:24 PMI'm going to check that video out later but I saw this video this morning showcasing Trump's just rambling nonsense it is even more than his usual ramblings. He's definitely in mental decline as well. The only difference is that he isn't tripping over words but he's spewing straight non sense.

All you have to do is watch the clip showcase in the first 10 mins or so of this video.

I watched the first 10 minutes, and I dunno man, I definitely agree that Trump has lost a step or two, especially since 2016. He seems a lot more tired and drained in his speeches, and I think all the campaigning is wearing on him more now than it did then, but most of those clips just seem to be typical Trump ramblings, without as much energy. He's had this strange non-sequitir way of speaking since he began campaigning in 2016 when he doesn't use a teleprompter. He pinballs from one topic to another, back to something else, and then back to his original topic like some kind of weird verbal fever dream. Bragging how popular his mugshot is, bragging how black people loved his mugshot, rambling about how persecuted he is - weird tangents about 'migrant crime' somehow being different from other crime and deserving its own special designation, etc. But we're not seeing him appear lost on stage, not seeing him trip over sandbags or stairs, not seeing him ask where dead congressmen are, forgetting who he's singing Happy Birthday to, etc. But one thing that is pretty apparent is how quickly he can speak, even now - his speeches get wildly tangential, but just the speed and frequency with how he speaks shows how quickly his mind still works - compare that to how Biden regularly appears to struggle to translate his thoughts to words, how slowly he speaks, it's obviously becoming much more difficult for him - even if Trump goes on sporadic tangents, he usually finishes his thoughts, whereas Biden has often struggled to complete his thoughts, abandoning them mid-sentence ("anyways..."):

Regardless, I agree - Trump should be too old to run, and Biden should be too old to run - but in my opinion, Biden is showing his age more than Trump is. The frustrating thing is, these old wrinkly ass motherfuckers are never going to pass legislation that would put them out of a job. Most of these people probably wouldn't have a clue how to survive without a government job. 

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Feb 28, 2024, 04:50 PM^ That's an ace card for Trump.

And this is the first time I can recall a candidate "unsuspending" a suspended campaign...

Marianne Williamson unsuspends her presidential campaign after placing 3rd in Michigan

She must've seen a different future in her Crystal Ball after the Michigan primary results came in:

That said, I'll always love her for her fire collab with Donny:

I just came here to post the same thing but yeah it's about damn time and also I don't think 65 is too strict.

Matter of fact they should open it up and have people be able to run at 30 to 65 instead of 35 to 70.

If they feel like 65 is a good enough age for retirement for the general public then it should apply to all government positions as well.

Kick their asses out at 65.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Feb 28, 2024, 08:32 PMI just came here to post the same thing but yeah it's about damn time and also I don't think 65 is too strict.

Matter of fact they should open it up and have people be able to run at 30 to 65 instead of 35 to 70.

If they feel like 65 is a good enough age for retirement for the general public then it should apply to all government positions as well.

Kick their asses out at 65.

I'm not so fixated on it that I'd argue the exact number. At this point, if they put almost any maximum age restriction on it that's 75 or less, I'd consider it a win. If you're older than fucking Leonid Brezhnev was when he died, you're too old to be leading the free world, I know that much. And yet, thanks to our system, that's going to be our reality unless something unexpected happens in this upcoming election.

Why doesn't the Democrat party kick Biden out while they can still get someone else to be the candidate? Looks like Trump is nailed on to win. Surely they know this. They're just gonna let Biden go up and lose? :laughing:

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Feb 29, 2024, 12:04 AMWhy doesn't the Democrat party kick Biden out while they can still get someone else to be the candidate? Looks like Trump is nailed on to win. Surely they know this. They're just gonna let Biden go up and lose? :laughing:

If they decide to do the switch-a-roo, it'll be at or close to convention time in August. And of course, it'll be for some 'totally unexpected downturn in Biden's health'.

The other difficult part is - who will that other candidate be? If Michelle Obama doesn't want to do it (as seems likely), then it becomes much more difficult to find a clear successor.