Only shoes I have like that are my flip flop sandals, which are reserved near-exclusively for poolside events. Otherwise I'm usually wearing some cute flats, lower heels, mary janes, and in the summer open toed heels, and occasionally my birkenstocks for more dressed down affairs.

We have a hardwood floor in the kitchen and living room area, so I more or less have to wear slippers when I'm at home. Contrary to the image of me some of you might have, I'm not going around dusting the furniture in heels, haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

In Norway, we don't wear shoes (or sliders) indoors. Just maybe the occasional slipper. I guess it's a cultural thing 🤔

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Sep 24, 2023, 04:46 PMIn Norway, we don't wear shoes (or sliders) indoors. Just maybe the occasional slipper. I guess it's a cultural thing 🤔

I wouldn't say it's a cultural thing, at least not for me. In my case I wear them to give myself a bit more support; I'm on my feet for most of the day, and walking barefoot or with socks on hardwood floors for extended periods of time does cause pain and builds up calluses after a while. So in my specific situation they are very much a practical thing.

When we see Seinfeld, he's wearing sneakers inside his apartment. Such a foreign concept!

I've just assumed a lot of Americans do this 😅

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Sep 24, 2023, 07:57 PMWhen we see Seinfeld, he's wearing sneakers inside his apartment. Such a foreign concept!

I've just assumed a lot of Americans do this 😅

That would be the correct assumption unless you go into an Asian American house, some spanish people too and West Indians are known to leave shoes at the door. At least I do anyways.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: Guybrush on Sep 24, 2023, 08:44 AMIt's just a cheap, black Ibanez RC320. I had a white fender 56 reissue years back that would look great in our livingroom 😄 but I sold it along with my fender blues amp.

I had a great Godin electric with humbucker pickups that I loved. Sold that. Sold a few other electrics too.

We had limited space before moving here and I had this 5 guitars rule, but then I was only playing the acoustics.. so the electrics had to go.

When I found I wanted an electric again, I just wanted something I could pick up and play comfortably. It didn't have to be fancy. So I got this upgraded RC320 cheap 🙂

A colleague of mine builds guitars, so he might make me a telecaster style guitar at some point. He hasn't started, though, but he's really talented and an absolute perfectionist, so.. that'll probably be my next electric 🙂

Oh and one thing I remember about the green is it's neutral, so doesn't lean towards blue or red. I kinda like that and it still looks warmish in the kind of lighting I prefer.

Thanks for sharing about your guitars, Tore.  I enjoyed reading that, as I'm a bit of a closet guitar nerd even though I rarely play these days.  I have heard that Godins are amazing guitars.  I really hope your friend can make a Tele style guitar for you (and it bodes well that he's a perfectionist!).  I have always loved Teles and gravitated toward them, despite the occasional hankering for Les Pauls which I think are beautiful guitars; but for me, a Les Paul is like trying to pick up a chair and play it, lol.  They are just too heavy.  ::)

I have a Squier Classic Vibe Tele (pictured here - in "vintage" white  :D).  The acoustic is a Guild M-120 mahogany parlor guitar. 

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Sep 24, 2023, 04:01 PMWe have a hardwood floor in the kitchen and living room area, so I more or less have to wear slippers when I'm at home. Contrary to the image of me some of you might have, I'm not going around dusting the furniture in heels, haha.

:laughing:

Similar here - we have parquet floors throughout the apartment, with area rugs, and plain Mexican tile in the kitchen. I usually go barefoot or wear slippers around the house - and rarely keep my shoes on for long after I get home.  I don't ask company to remove their shoes, though.

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 25, 2023, 07:59 AM:laughing:

Similar here - we have parquet floors throughout the apartment, with area rugs, and plain Mexican tile in the kitchen. I usually go barefoot or wear slippers around the house - and rarely keep my shoes on for long after I get home.  I don't ask company to remove their shoes, though.

I ask company to remove their shoes and I have a shoe rack near the door for them to place them. If they don't feel comfortable removing them, I don't pressure them but trust after they leave, I end up sweeping and mopping the floor.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 25, 2023, 11:44 AMI ask company to remove their shoes and I have a shoe rack near the door for them to place them. If they don't feel comfortable removing them, I don't pressure them but trust after they leave, I end up sweeping and mopping the floor.

Aw ❤️

Only God knows.

I've only been living here full time for about six months, as per the man of the house's policy, I ask our guests to take their shoes off and there hasn't been a situation where someone hasn't immediately complied. But that is a very good practice, DJ, so I'll definitely keep it in mind and ask the mister what he would do in that situation; speaking as a hostess the last thing I want to do is make my guests feel uncomfortable. Thank you as always for your thoughtfulness! <3

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Sep 25, 2023, 01:09 PMI've only been living here full time for about six months, as per the man of the house's policy, I ask our guests to take their shoes off and there hasn't been a situation where someone hasn't immediately complied. But that is a very good practice, DJ, so I'll definitely keep it in mind and ask the mister what he would do in that situation; speaking as a hostess the last thing I want to do is make my guests feel uncomfortable. Thank you as always for your thoughtfulness! <3

Yeah you never know what they are going through. They might be anxious and afraid that they feet/shoes stink. Or they probably were rushing out of the house and put on dirty socks. They don't want to let everyone else know they have dirty socks on. You never know what someone is going through so it's good to be mindful of certain anxieties that people may have for numerous reasons.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 25, 2023, 04:12 PMYeah you never know what they are going through. They might be anxious and afraid that they feet/shoes stink. Or they probably were rushing out of the house and put on dirty socks. They don't want to let everyone else know they have dirty socks on. You never know what someone is going through so it's good to be mindful of certain anxieties that people may have for numerous reasons.

That's very considerate, DJ - I like the way you think. 👍 :)

Eh I just wear shoes indoors regularly, on hardwood floors too. I ask if I should take them off when I'm a guest somewhere

#43 Sep 25, 2023, 06:05 PM Last Edit: Sep 25, 2023, 06:22 PM by Lexi Darling
Quote from: Marie Monday on Sep 25, 2023, 05:44 PMEh I just wear shoes indoors regularly, on hardwood floors too. I ask if I should take them off when I'm a guest somewhere

I would like to do that more honestly. I am going to be hosting a Christmas party for family and friends this year, and I would feel ridiculous if I were wearing slippers then, haha. I'll look into what is wearable without causing damage and see. It's not my call in the end of course, but the mister likes me to look good for party guests, so I'll see what he thinks about it.

#44 Sep 25, 2023, 09:13 PM Last Edit: Sep 25, 2023, 09:25 PM by ribbons
Mrs. Waffles, I've worn these exact shoes at Christmas in the past.  Nothing earth-shattering here, but they were surprisingly lightweight and didn't scuff floors.  I wore the red (because I wore them with a black skirt), but they also come in black.  Anyway, you and Mr. Waffles will choose what's best for you but of course I had to put my 2¢ in.  :D

Very exciting that you will be hosting Christmas!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266224053945?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200818143230%26meid%3D76d07d21f4b64547b077e77f7284c0c6%26pid%3D101224%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D175912061304%26itm%3D266224053945%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D4429486%26algv%3DDefaultOrganicWebV9BertRefreshRanker%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p4429486.c101224.m-1