my inbox lol

and i'm not trying to be edge lord it's just so absurd

i've said this before but a civil war doesn't have to have clear belligerents - it can be just a chaotic breakdown

at some point when you're having more casualties than some wars what else do you call it?

it's far exceeded the death toll from the american revolution

or the french and indian war (which is what we call the north american campaigns of the 7 years war) and by we i mean me and the other three americans that have even heard of it and they are NOT running for president

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/florida-police-urge-people-not-11143620

QuoteFlorida police urge people not to SHOOT at Hurricane Irma as tens of thousands declare "interest" in opening fire at storm

The stark warning was issued by Pasco Sheriff's Office as tens of thousands of people said they were "interested" in firing weapons at the deadly storm

What a fucking country 8)

Only God knows.

Yeah, what's now routinely taking place in the US is terrible. A signifcant change to me is in the "motives" for some of these shootings: in the past , it was usually some crazy guy with a simmering grudge, now it seems to be the slightest, momentary irritation can spark a shooting incident: "he rang my doorbell" "her ball bounced onto my lawn".

Quote from: Toy Revolver on May 07, 2023, 01:58 PMi've said this before but a civil war doesn't have to have clear belligerents - it can be just a chaotic breakdown

On a picky note, I'd say civil war has to have organised groups with goals of some kind, but yeah, "chaotic breakdown" is a good description. To me, the US is suffering from a lethal combination: too many easily available guns and too many people opting out of their Social Contract (as laid out by J-J Rousseau).

As jimmy jazz suggests, shooting at hurricanes is surely a bad idea - but I suppose it's good for the guns´n´bullets trade. I wonder how soon before they're running ads to encourage the practise.
(International comparison note: in some Middle Eastern countries (possibly Afghanistan) it's part of the culture to fire off weapons into the sky to celebrate things like weddings. A little known detail is that what goes up must come down, and a bullet falling from a height can pick up enough speed to become lethal on the downward flight too: literally, "a deadly hail of bullets".)

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on May 07, 2023, 03:12 PMAs jimmy jazz suggests, shooting at hurricanes is surely a bad idea

:laughing: that is sig worthy.

Only God knows.

Quotethe slightest, momentary irritation can spark a shooting incident: "he rang my doorbell" "her ball bounced onto my lawn".

right, except it's the culmination of being chronically fucked over day after day and year after year by an endless number of bullshits

there's lots of theories why but people don't like the most obvious and true: being american fucking sucks

people can point to whatever and say america really isn't that bad but obviously it is

it's not just runaway necro-capitalism -it's an intangible shittiness that weighs on people everyday as well

Quotetoo many people opting out of their Social Contract (as laid out by J-J Rousseau)

right, but as long as we're clear that it's not just the shooter who opted out - the entire way of interacting with others, business and social, is  always in bad faith - every fucking thing is a competition

your friends are supposed to help you advance, the police don't give a fuck if youre safe, every time you deal with the medical community they treat you with mistrust, school is a fucking scam, rent and mortgages are unattainably high, horrible food is shoved at us constantly with ingredients that might as well be cocaine, death is a fucking racket with the whole system designed to see to it they use your demise as a way to steal your money, entertainment is dangerous and expensive, every campsite is over crowded with huge ridiculous rvs, once you're too old to hike there's no peace at the parks

it's on and on

and people are still like derp derp why is this happening

Uvalde's 'Remember Their Names' festival disbanded

QuoteThe "Remember Their Names" festival, established last year as a tribute to the victims of the 2022 school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, has been disbanded due to lack of volunteer support, organizers said.