We were at the Under restaurant yesterday. I wrote in the Your Day thread I'd post some pics of the dishes, but thought this thread was a better fit.

Here's a pic of the restaurant I took earlier this year.

Here's a pic where you can get an idea of the interior.

So the main attraction, besides the food, is of course the dining area being underwater where you can watch fish, jellyfishes, sea stars and other sea creatures go about their day as you eat.

It was 10 dishes all in all and generally not a lot on each plate.

For starters, we had a small ball of lardo and crayfish and then also (harder to see) a piece of flatbread with turnip and bits of salted and dried lamb's leg. The flatbread was delicious.

I didn't try the moss.

Next was a potato waffle heart with a local sort of cream cheese and herring roe. Probably sounds weird, but I loved this ❤️

Then it was scallops in a sauce with apples or something? It was delicious.

Heart salad with a wild onion dressing and some rye. One of my wife's favourites.

Then crayfish in some root vegetable sauce with seaberries. This may have been the best one.

Monkfish with celery and barley. Very nice.

Lamb with beets and blackcurrants. Splendid.

Jerusalem artichoke ice cream with blackberries. Very nice.

Some kind of pudding made from blueberries and a kind of red algae served with sour cream. Exquisite!

And the final dish was just some Odd snacks and a very good cup of coffee.

Wife had wine and I had the alcohol free juice package. All in all, it came to 585 dollars at the current exchange rate and the sad state of the Norwegian crown.

Still worth it and a very nice experience!

Today I just wanna stuff my face with junk.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on May 12, 2024, 01:45 PMWe were at the Under restaurant yesterday. I wrote in the Your Day thread I'd post some pics of the dishes, but thought this thread was a better fit.

Here's a pic of the restaurant I took earlier this year.

Here's a pic where you can get an idea of the interior.

So the main attraction, besides the food, is of course the dining area being underwater where you can watch fish, jellyfishes, sea stars and other sea creatures go about their day as you eat.

It was 10 dishes all in all and generally not a lot on each plate.

For starters, we had a small ball of lardo and crayfish and then also (harder to see) a piece of flatbread with turnip and bits of salted and dried lamb's leg. The flatbread was delicious.

I didn't try the moss.

Next was a potato waffle heart with a local sort of cream cheese and herring roe. Probably sounds weird, but I loved this ❤️

Then it was scallops in a sauce with apples or something? It was delicious.

Heart salad with a wild onion dressing and some rye. One of my wife's favourites.

Then crayfish in some root vegetable sauce with seaberries. This may have been the best one.

Monkfish with celery and barley. Very nice.

Lamb with beets and blackcurrants. Splendid.

Jerusalem artichoke ice cream with blackberries. Very nice.

Some kind of pudding made from blueberries and a kind of red algae served with sour cream. Exquisite!

And the final dish was just some Odd snacks and a very good cup of coffee.

Wife had wine and I had the alcohol free juice package. All in all, it came to 585 dollars at the current exchange rate and the sad state of the Norwegian crown.

Still worth it and a very nice experience!

Today I just wanna stuff my face with junk.

That looks awesome! I really need to get off my ass and visit some Michelin star restaurant, been wanting to for ages.

Wow, that looks so cool, @Guybrush ! I've been to an underwater restaurant once, my family spent a day at Seaworld in Florida on a vacation in 2004 and they had one. I don't remember too much but I'm sure it was much less ritzy, haha.

I do enjoy a good night out at a nice restaurant as well, hopefully that will be in the cards for this year's double birthday event.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: grindy on May 12, 2024, 03:06 PMThat looks awesome! I really need to get off my ass and visit some Michelin star restaurant, been wanting to for ages.

Yes, this is the second time in my life that I have a restaurant experience of Michelin caliber and last time wasn't quite this fancy. As an adventurous eater, it's a lot of fun ❤️

Quote from: Lexi Darling on May 12, 2024, 06:11 PMWow, that looks so cool, @Guybrush ! I've been to an underwater restaurant once, my family spent a day at Seaworld in Florida on a vacation in 2004 and they had one. I don't remember too much but I'm sure it was much less ritzy, haha.

I do enjoy a good night out at a nice restaurant as well, hopefully that will be in the cards for this year's double birthday event.

Yes, I love it when I get to do it like this; great food and combinations I've never had before and no kids 😅

I knew they would do mostly seafood dishes but something about that rubs me the wrong way.

It would be like eating hamburgers in front of a pasture farms with cows grazing in the field.

You are eating stuff while looking at their live counterparts.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on May 13, 2024, 02:06 AMYou are eating stuff while looking at their live counterparts.

The species we could see actually weren't on the menu and they too were eating seafood, so I figure it's alright 🙂