Quote from: degrassi.knoll on May 04, 2024, 06:29 PMMeet the Grahams is sinister as fuck

Kendrick is staring at Aubrey from across the street and then disappearing when a bus drives by

Look, what's going to be talked about in the mainstream is the hidden daughter. But listen to everything that came before.

This is beyond a rap beef. This is an indictment. I don't feel like I'm overreacting - that 95% is under-reacting.

The embassy's going be raided.

a particle; a fragment of totality

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on May 04, 2024, 10:39 PMLook, what's going to be talked about in the mainstream is the hidden daughter. But listen to everything that came before.

This is beyond a rap beef. This is an indictment. I don't feel like I'm overreacting - that 95% is under-reacting.

The embassy's going be raided.

😂 I love how excited you're getting.

I'll catch up with these tunes later.

Only God knows.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on May 04, 2024, 10:39 PMThe embassy's going be raided.

*sigh*

Welp, guess we need to bust this track out for the second time this year.

I'll catch up on this Kendrick/Drake beef in a bit.

What order should I listen to the tracks? I haven't kept up with it.

Imo:

Euphoria
6:16 in LA

Family Matters

meet the grahams

You don't need the preceding Drake tracks tbh, but you can certainly rabbit hole this shit from Rick Ross involvement to Common to Chris Brown the further you dig.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on May 05, 2024, 02:44 AMImo:

Euphoria
6:16 in LA

Family Matters

meet the grahams

You don't need the preceding Drake tracks tbh, but you can certainly rabbit hole this shit from Rick Ross involvement to Common to Chris Brown the further you dig.

Thanks!

And Common is somehow involved in all this?  :laughing:

Quote from: SGR on May 05, 2024, 02:46 AMThanks!

And Common is somehow involved in all this?  :laughing:

Idk I haven't heard anything from Common.

K Dot dropped another one.

I was this cool the whole time.

I think he caught a stray somewhere along the way.

Dropping that west coast c-walking ass bop 12 hours after meet the grahams is diabolical

Okay, in my process of catching up on this beef - as I haven't been in tune on all the details, I found this video useful if there's anyone else who wants to listen to the latest tracks, but wants the context before doing so:

Don't speak on the family, crodie  :-X

:laughing:

Now Drake is claiming he's a mastermind that fed him false information.

Also his defense that he's too famous to be a pdf file is so weak. MJ is way more famous than him and he got hit with pdf file accusations and even had a trial.

If you wanted to hear Ant break it down but it's 50 minutes. He does bring up some good points.

Elvis was a paedo as well wasn't he?

I'm getting the feeling none of you like Drake btw.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 06, 2024, 02:12 PMI'm getting the feeling none of you like Drake btw.

I wouldn't say I dislike him I just don't care. His music and personality as an artist aren't very interesting to me.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 06, 2024, 02:12 PMElvis was a paedo as well wasn't he?

I haven't heard the Elvis accusations but it wouldn't surprise me.

No I didn't like Drake even before this beef started. Every time his music would pop up on a playlist I would yell out "Draaaaake" like Soulja Boi did in that one interview.

Also another thing from a music aspect is there even such a thing as a B sharp? Drake mentions it to attempt to be clever but I don't think it exists on the scale.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 06, 2024, 02:12 PMElvis was a paedo as well wasn't he?

You're right about Elvis, but plenty of rock stars were as well - some of the most revered ones too. They'd take advantage of young teenage girl groupies. Difference is I suppose, at the height of their popularities, we didn't have internet and social media where we could share information about this stuff in real time. They were much less accountable than music stars/celebrities are these days. People like:

• David Bowie
  • Bob Weir
  • Chuck Berry
  • Steven Tyler
  • Jimmy Page
  • Mick Jagger
  • Jerry Lee Lewis (who married his 13 year old cousin in his 20s, and at the time of their honeymoon, she still believed in Santa Claus
  • Iggy Pop
  • Marvin Gaye
  • Don Henley

And those are just some examples, not an exhaustive list. More info can be found about each one here. It's difficult to square the circle in our heads that some of our favorite albums and songs were written by pedophiles. There were no 'Kendricks' back in the 70s calling this stuff out - in fact, it was more or less an open secret. Regardless, don't expect the Rolling Stone to add a footnote about it on their next 'Top 500 Albums' list under the Zeppelin entries.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 06, 2024, 02:12 PMI'm getting the feeling none of you like Drake btw.

I like some Drake tracks. My favorite happens to be a Sonny Fodera remix of a Drake track which removes most of Drake's vocal contributions.  :laughing:

I also have a soft spot for his Nothing Was the Same album, which might have something to do with nostalgia - it was really popular when I was in college.

So yeah, some of his music I dig, but him as a person? Nah. He's always come off as somewhat of a fake, a poser. And the pedophile accusations and his relationships with underaged Millie Bobby Brown and Kylie Jenner just make him worse.