Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 06, 2024, 04:22 PMhttps://medium.com/@msullivangates/a-word-on-david-bowie-lori-mattix-and-the-speed-of-information-b38681f24cf4

Good info, I hope it's true that Mattix's story is incorrect (because I love a lot of Bowie's music). Important to know that there are inconsistencies with the story.

Maybe a hot take but I personally don't think it makes too much sense to consider it an immoral thing to listen to music made by artists who did terrible things if the artist in question is dead. Listening to Bowie now makes no financial contributions to him on account of being dead, so I don't see how the usual "separate the art from the artist" arguments even really apply.

Of course I understand if it's one's own personal limit.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Can't listen to Bowie without remembering he's a creep.

Always hated Drake because he's always been a creep.

Fuck the creeps and fuck contributing to their estates, alive or dead.

a particle; a fragment of totality

Quote from: SGR on May 06, 2024, 04:48 PMGood info, I hope it's true that Mattix's story is incorrect (because I love a lot of Bowie's music). Important to know that there are inconsistencies with the story.

The inconsistency is only that there's no proof outside of her claims ("there appear to be neither photos of them together nor any contemporaneous materials corroborating a sexual encounter between them" and "Bowie was bi").

And Drake's too famous to be a pervert, right?

#50 May 06, 2024, 08:47 PM Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 08:51 PM by SGR
Quote from: degrassi.knoll on May 06, 2024, 08:19 PMThe inconsistency is only that there's no proof outside of her claims ("there appear to be neither photos of them together nor any contemporaneous materials corroborating a sexual encounter between them" and "Bowie was bi").

The other inconsistency was the stated timelines I guess, vis-a-vis her relations with Jimmy Page.

You could very well chalk this up to these guys drugging and boozing her up (which we know they did), leaving her memories of it all, specifically when things happened (what happened first/what happened after), a little bit muddy. Plus, if we do have all this evidence for other rock stars she slept with (Page/Iggy/etc), and she's even justified/rationalized some of these experiences as being okay (which she has done before), why would she lie specifically about Bowie?

I don't know for certain if the Lori Mattix/David Bowie story is true or not, but based on other stories, it doesn't seem like some wild aberration from his behavior at the time.

https://x.com/mindys_stuff_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

So to the average listener people think the shooting is related to Kendrick but plot twist it is actually related to The Weeknd. The Weeknd's manager had a similar shooting occur outside of his home back in April and now this happens.

I was this cool the whole time.

I saw 'outside his home', looked at the map and it's actually about a mile down the road. Media trying to spice it up with that headline.

Also considering Drake's property is/was $100m I didn't think it was all that tbh. He's got more money than style. Wouldn't catch me living in a dump like that.

Only God knows.

i wouldn't be surprised if it were staged tbh. Apparently Kendrick was asked to issue a public apology because companies associated with Drake are losing mad money. Dot agreed not to drop Monday as was planned, but is "not budging" in terms of making public statements. 

Also Drake had a Nike drop or something that happened 🤔. So it does seem a bit staged.

Yep I heard the same thing. They were one of the companies soliciting an apology. Big if true.

You think the man ruined his career?

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on May 09, 2024, 02:50 AMYep I heard the same thing. They were one of the companies soliciting an apology. Big if true.

You think the man ruined his career?

I don't think his career is fully ruined but he's definitely losing money.

JT and Suki have issues with each other and I don't even know why it started.

Suki there were shots thrown at her during this song.

So she responded and also took shots at Lil Uzi

Man caught trying to break in

So a guy tried to break into Drake's place and I love Canadians response. They sent him to get mental help, here in the states he would have been shot at or just locked away in jail.