https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/24/world/fungus-pandemic-frogs-amphibians-scn

frog fungus

this is so disturbing to me makes my skin crawl - nature can be so hideous

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 25, 2023, 06:59 AMthe dismissiveness of women's sports on here is misogynistic af but i guess that's cool with everyone

QuoteAnd the bathrooms thing is a completely contrived culture war.  Who is checking ids? Either you pass the looks based test to enter the woman's room or you don't.  It's women at the end of the day who police that shit.

except at school, which is stupidly compulsory - but forcing children to do things they don't want to is totally cool since oprah hasn't told everyone it isn't yet
i would never deny being misogynistic so that's a pretty lame attempt at a gotcha.   

honestly your side acts like the T's are poised to completely take over women's sports when the reality is its just a handful of athletes and they can't compete in the mens league either.  The choice at the moment is either the women's league lets them in and they have a handful of trans athletes in their leagues or else trans women don't get to play sports. That's just the reality. 

As for the school comment..i don't even get what point you are trying to drive at or how it relates to the portion of my post you quoted.

1) i'm not trying get a gotcha
2) school is the primary place where people are forced to be in a location all day and have to go to use toilets that provide insufficient privacy

the complaint about the compulsory component was at least 90% a non-sequitur or just a random semi-related thought

quit acting like pre-post-modernist

it's 2023

QuoteThe choice at the moment is either the women's league lets them in and they have a handful of trans athletes in their leagues or else trans women don't get to play sports.

lol thanks for the breakdown

So it was 100% unrelated and you could have just as easily posted it without quoting me.  I don't like it when people pretend to respond to me.  Either do or don't.

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 25, 2023, 08:42 PMlol thanks for the breakdown
So why do you think trans women shouldn't be able to play sports?

Quote from: Jwb on Mar 25, 2023, 08:48 PMSo it was 100% unrelated and you could have just as easily posted it without quoting me.  I don't like it when people pretend to respond to me.  Either do or don't.

did yall see that tornado in mississippi

No you post shit that looks superficially like an argument.  But it's not.  It's a deflection. 

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 25, 2023, 06:59 AMthe dismissiveness of women's sports on here is misogynistic af but i guess that's cool with everyone

Do you watch women's sports?

Only God knows.

Only the high school leagues.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 25, 2023, 09:05 PM

yes - college basketball and soccer mostly

i've been following the women's ncaa tournament more closely than the men's this year

i also like gymnastics

I don't watch women's sport for the same reason I don't watch youth sport or non league. It is not the top level.

Except at youth level in the men's you will at least see the most talented kids who might be the future of the sport.

You don't get that in women's.

I don't think it's misogyny. Just reality. If you're happy watching lower level that's fine but I'm not.

Only God knows.

#43 Mar 25, 2023, 09:58 PM Last Edit: Mar 25, 2023, 10:01 PM by Jwb
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 25, 2023, 09:23 PM
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 25, 2023, 09:05 PM

yes - college basketball and soccer mostly

i've been following the women's ncaa tournament more closely than the men's this year

i also like gymnastics

how many lay ups have you counted so far?

I really don't watch sports in general anymore except for occasionally the NFL. I'm a Giants fan so even that is a kinda depressing experience

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 25, 2023, 09:49 PMI don't watch women's sport for the same reason I don't watch youth sport or non league. It is not the top level.

Except at youth level in the men's you will at least see the most talented kids who might be the future of the sport.

You don't get that in women's.

I don't think it's misogyny. Just reality. If you're happy watching lower level that's fine but I'm not.

Have to say I'm the same. Tried to watch WSL (Women's Super League - football no not soccer fuck off we had it first you call yours something else) but the roar of the crowd wasn't there, didn't know any of the players and basically it meant nothing to me. I mean, fair play to them and I know they do well, and it's quite popular, but give me the men's football every time. I'll watch ice skating or tennis, that's about it for women's sports, or women in sports.

But jwb makes a good point about trans athletes: it's a case of falling between two stools isn't it, neither of which wants them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Very tough.