Nov 18, 2023, 06:27 PM Last Edit: Nov 19, 2023, 05:23 PM by Guybrush
Does anyone else here appreciate the perverted, jokey art of Davidtherobot?

Base, juvenile and perverted humour doesn't usually get to me, but there's something about the style, his ideas and the way he seems to innocently stroll into these transgressive drawings that I find quite funny.

He has an Instagram account that's fun to browse: https://www.instagram.com/davidtherobot

I can't seem to embed pictures from there, but some examples I've found from a Google image search:

Happiness is a warm manatee

Might be a good idea to mark this thread title as NSFW, @Guybrush , haha. I can't seem to find an option to do it myself.

I do enjoy some dumb sexual humor sometimes in the right mood. I can't use Instagram to see any more, but I do kinda like the bluntness of that art, there's a charm to it.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Good call on the NSFW tag! I've changed the title of my post now 🙂

Here are a few more:

That's way too het for me.  I'm sorry.  I'm gold star, one of the ones that has never ever considered het sex as an option.  I just simply didn't get that gene.  Not deriding it or anything but it just doesn't hold a candle to Tom of Finland as far as making me smile.  It's not like it disgusts me in itself -- for me it's more like those who engage in scat.  Don't know what drives them to do that sort of thing, but I know that I probably don't want to know. 

My absolute favourite sexy comic though is Wendel, from the 80's, drawn by Howard Cruse, and I believe it was run in The Advocate.  I wrote him a fan email before he died, and he became my email buddy for about 5 years.

Quote from: larsvsnapster on Nov 20, 2023, 05:29 AMThat's way too het for me.  I'm sorry.  I'm gold star, one of the ones that has never ever considered het sex as an option.  I just simply didn't get that gene.  Not deriding it or anything but it just doesn't hold a candle to Tom of Finland as far as making me smile.  It's not like it disgusts me in itself -- for me it's more like those who engage in scat.  Don't know what drives them to do that sort of thing, but I know that I probably don't want to know. 

My absolute favourite sexy comic though is Wendel, from the 80's, drawn by Howard Cruse, and I believe it was run in The Advocate.  I wrote him a fan email before he died, and he became my email buddy for about 5 years.

Only two of these are about het sex. I mean, the last one is gay sex with a dolphin that the guy also smokes like a bong.

I know Tom of Finland, of course, but not Wendel. I'll check that out. Maybe a gay art / comics thread would be fun?

#5 Nov 20, 2023, 07:58 AM Last Edit: Nov 20, 2023, 08:12 AM by Lexi Darling
Quote from: larsvsnapster on Nov 20, 2023, 05:29 AMThat's way too het for me.  I'm sorry.  I'm gold star, one of the ones that has never ever considered het sex as an option.  I just simply didn't get that gene.  Not deriding it or anything but it just doesn't hold a candle to Tom of Finland as far as making me smile.  It's not like it disgusts me in itself -- for me it's more like those who engage in scat.  Don't know what drives them to do that sort of thing, but I know that I probably don't want to know. 

I think you just described most people's opinion on sexual preferences they don't share, lol.

What drives people (myself included) to hetero sex is the same thing that drives you to gay sex, and that's totally cool! The sexual and romantic spectrum is a diverse place, there's room for all kinds.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards