With that win I would say it's all but done now. 6 points clear and Spurs have horrendous fixtures coming up. They are not catching us now.

Up the European Villa.

Now end the 28 year wait and bring major honour number 21 back to Birmingham  8) 🏆

Only God knows.

Fucking VAR! Coventry were robbed! What was that - an inch offside? I would much rather have seen them go up against City, not only because I hate Man U, but for the more giantkiller idea of the FA Cup. You have to kind of wonder if large brown envelopes are being left at Stockley Park?

Quote from: Trollheart on Apr 22, 2024, 01:27 AMFucking VAR! Coventry were robbed! What was that - an inch offside? I would much rather have seen them go up against City, not only because I hate Man U, but for the more giantkiller idea of the FA Cup. You have to kind of wonder if large brown envelopes are being left at Stockley Park?

So not a robbery then?  :laughing:

Only God knows.

Ah the point is it was barely, barely offside. I still think VAR should be a kind of last-appeal court, not checking every fucking goal. It's become ludicrous. Look at what they said about it in the Forest game (I do hate Forest but still, most of the pundits AND a ref backed up their claims). What's that old adage on the records back when I were a lad? To paraphrase: VAR is KILLING football! And it's LEGAL!

@Trollheart

Unai Emery has extended his contract with Villa  :laughing:

MU, Liverpool, Bayern all linked.

Big Unai said no, he wants to stay with us.

And he'll be negotiating another deal in the summer  :laughing:

I hope you are enjoying following the Villa because the glory years are here so enjoy them while you can.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c6pyddj6z8ro

Only God knows.

Oh yeah. I enjoyed it when Villa were top of the Prem, maybe back in the early 2000s or something. I remember I had a sig in my work email that said "Villa still on top!" I doubt anyone I emailed had a clue what that meant! Yeah they are great times for us now; Europe and even nudging the title-chasers. I mean, sure, no way we could challenge the Big 3, but just to be up there in their company is really something. One lion on the shirt, eh?

Quote from: Trollheart on Apr 23, 2024, 05:24 PMOh yeah. I enjoyed it when Villa were top of the Prem, maybe back in the early 2000s or something. I remember I had a sig in my work email that said "Villa still on top!" I doubt anyone I emailed had a clue what that meant! Yeah they are great times for us now; Europe and even nudging the title-chasers. I mean, sure, no way we could challenge the Big 3, but just to be up there in their company is really something. One lion on the shirt, eh?

Wanna bet? Despite missing half of our first team for most of the season we're only two wins away from still being in the title race.

The owners are deadly serious and we have the manager. It's coming.

Only God knows.

Sockerball? They should call it suckerball.

🍷

Happiness is a warm manatee

That's it for Liverpool then. I know not everyone will understand the technical terms used in football, and anyone who wants an explanation feel free, but they were shite. Giving the ball away, wasted chances, just totally outclassed by Everton. Two-horse race now.

@jimmy jazz you know you're right: only 10 points between us and the top. Is it possible? What does Paddy Power say?  ;)

ANOTHER 2-0 lead lost, and it's only luck that got us the draw when we should have lost the game. I take Emery's point - "what's to be disappointed about? We are fourth!" - but still, we can't keep losing these leads and hoping Spurs will keep slipping up. They gave Arsenal a good game last night. We have to start seeing games out.

Quote from: Trollheart on Apr 29, 2024, 06:14 PMANOTHER 2-0 lead lost, and it's only luck that got us the draw when we should have lost the game. I take Emery's point - "what's to be disappointed about? We are fourth!" - but still, we can't keep losing these leads and hoping Spurs will keep slipping up. They gave Arsenal a good game last night. We have to start seeing games out.

Yeah we can. Have you seen the table? They've got to beat two of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City and hope that we don't get another point. It's done.

We could lose every remaining game and still finish 4th. Spurs aren't getting to 67 points.

The game on the weekend was a point gained with a squad decimated with injuries.

It's over. We can focus on winning in Europe now.

Only God knows.

That's as may be, but consider what happens when we do get into Europe. If we can't finish off teams then it's going to be a quick and embarrassing exit. Emery has to address that. You can't just keep letting leads like that slide. It'll come back to haunt you in the end.

Quote from: Trollheart on Apr 29, 2024, 06:49 PMThat's as may be, but consider what happens when we do get into Europe. If we can't finish off teams then it's going to be a quick and embarrassing exit. Emery has to address that. You can't just keep letting leads like that slide. It'll come back to haunt you in the end.

When Mings, Buendia, Ramsey, Kamara, Moreno are back plus whoever we sign in the summer?

Statistically we're the best in the league at holding leads BTW. When we go ahead we win about 95% of the time. We've played 54 games this season, Spurs have played 34. The squad is on it's last legs. We'll be fine next season.

Trolls. Open the Guinness. Put your favourite documentary on. Sit back and relax. The Villa are back! UP THE EURO VILLA!!! 🟣🔵

Only God knows.