So I'm making this thread to put all the diss records in one place the past few weeks have been great for hip hop in general.

So, it starts with First Person Shooter.

J Cole mentions that himself, Drake and Kendrick are the big three of rap at the moment on this track.

So 4 months later Kendrick has a feature where he mentions there isn't a big 3 just big me. He also disses Cole a bit more AND drake. He mentions the names of J Cole tracks and Drake's album in this song.

J Cole is the first to respond but he releases a whole mistake that is vaguely aimed at Kendrick called Might Delete This Later. The track that is directly aimed at Kendrick though is called 7 minute drill.

A week or so after he released it. He ended up pulling it off of streaming services. He felt like it didn't sit right in his spirit so that's why he deleted it. He showed props to Kendrick at a concert.

I was this cool the whole time.

J Cole woke up smiling today gents lol

a particle; a fragment of totality

Drake responds to Kendrick with two tracks. The first one is pushups then the second one is called Taylor Made which he uses AI to make it seem like Tupac and Snoop is rapping on the track with him.

The Tupac estate ends up suing Drake over this track.

Rick Ross jumps in because he doesn't like Drake with this track.

Kanye decides to hop in while everyone is waiting for Kendrick to respond to Drake.

Oops I missed the beginning of this feud. Quavo started it by coming for Chris Brown with this track.

Then Chris responded and his response was so good. Quavo lost this one imo.

Idk why Chris Brown decided to release a diss track. I have to do more research but he doesn't like Quavo from Migos for a long time. He claims to have slept with Quavos girl(Saweetie) while they were together. He makes a sweet tea reference in the song.

He also mentions that everyone wishes it was Quavo that died instead of Takeoff.

Quavo responded pretty quickly like next day I feel or two days after.

Most have heard Kendricks response to Drake. There is a reference to YNW Melly. The importance of that line is that Melly killed two of his friends. So he's saying if you wanna take his friendly competition he will "kill" his two "friends"(Drake and Cole).

616 dropped today and I haven't listened to it in great detail yet but will come back and edit this post.

6/16 is:
Tupac's birthday,
Canadian Father's Day, (lol)
OJ Simpson's trial start date,
Date of Kendrick's 2011 show in Toronto (iykyk)

The maybach glove has my heart racing. 

Is this the thread to once again have the tired discussion of "Takeover" vs. "Ether"?  ;)

Quote from: SGR on May 04, 2024, 04:20 AMIs this the thread to once again have the tired discussion of "Takeover" vs. "Ether"?  ;)

Lol we can discuss all beefs in this thread if you want but it was mostly for the newer ones.

Classic Beef Documentary.

I was looking for the other one but found this one instead.

Can't tell me this isn't still relevant

I could cry I'm so happy

Quote from: DJChameleon on May 04, 2024, 05:02 AMLol we can discuss all beefs in this thread if you want but it was mostly for the newer ones.

Classic Beef Documentary.

I was looking for the other one but found this one instead.

Shit I never seen that, I'll have to check that out.

Obligatory Royce track from his best album:

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on May 04, 2024, 05:40 AMI could cry I'm so happy

This is starting to seem a little parasocial  :laughing:

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on May 04, 2024, 05:23 AM

Can't tell me this isn't still relevant

I followed modern rap very closely up until about 2015, where just the busy-ness of my life took over. Never even heard of this one. Great diss track. Picture of Drake for the track is immaculate. Love Pusha, but every time I hear his solo stuff, I won't lie, makes me wanna listen to Clipse (last of his solo records I heard was Daytona, which was great, I assumed it was named after the Ghostface track) - which isn't to say his solo stuff isn't good.

Quote from: SGR on May 04, 2024, 05:52 AMThis is starting to seem a little parasocial  :laughing:

Lol it's just the most exciting thing to happen in my music world in a minute. It's so fun being surprised!