Mar 04, 2023, 10:27 AM Last Edit: Mar 04, 2023, 12:42 PM by Guybrush
Hey gang!

So the interest around UFOs / UAPs and related has been ramping up for years and may have reached a new high with the shooting down of what was described as a balloon off the coast of the US (and similar events).

Whatever we believe these things are or come from, it's pretty clear there's stuff here going on that regular people are not privy to. What are your thoughts about this?

As a skeptic, I reject the alien or visits from the future explanations as too far fetched. It seems to me that sightings over decades have been most concentrated around military facilities and especially in the US. It also seems like it might be ramping up now that there's increased tensions between nations. This makes me think there are probable geopolitical motives behind this. It seems that sort of stuff didn't happen so much here (though we have some famous local phenomenon that's generally attributed to unknown workings of nature/physics). But lately, russians have been flying drones over military facilities in Norway, so this adds some support my above conclusion (imo).

Happiness is a warm manatee

#1 Mar 04, 2023, 11:16 AM Last Edit: Mar 04, 2023, 02:03 PM by Rubber Soul
Yeah, I think you're going to have a lot of problems with Russia, especially during Putin's little war.

The Chinese balloon mess turned out to be an egg on our face for the US. It was a weather balloon just as the Chinese claimed and not a spy satellite at all. Of course, this could have been a decoy so the Chinese could spy on us without us becoming outraged, but who knows.

The most famous sightings in the US, of course, were in Roswell, New Mexico in the late forties. And it turned out it's all military there as well, so I think you're on to something, Tore.

The Word has spoken :D

#2 Mar 04, 2023, 12:28 PM Last Edit: Mar 04, 2023, 12:31 PM by Psy-Fi
Misinformation, disinformation, fear-mongering, propaganda, and :poop:

That's what's in the skies.

Mostly in the skies over the USA.

In Ireland, clouds mostly. And rain.

Sounds like I need to move to Ireland.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I own so many sundresses that I feel like I could never live in a place with no summer. Though my partner is half Irish and he has been there and loved it.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

This is kinda interesting reading:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/feb/14/flying-objects-shot-down-balloons-white-house

Quote from: The White House"I know there have been questions and concerns about this, but there is no – again, no – indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity with these recent takedowns," the White House press secretary, Karine Jean-Pierre, said at a briefing on Monday. "I wanted to make sure that the American people knew that – all of you knew that – and it was important for us to say that from here because we've been hearing a lot about it."

Aliens are really coming back into public interest it seems 😄

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Mar 04, 2023, 03:25 PMI own so many sundresses that I feel like I could never live in a place with no summer. Though my partner is half Irish and he has been there and loved it.
I like my weather cool and dreary. :laughing:

This is what you want. This is what you get.

There's so much weird footage out there of objects moving in ways in the air at speeds that should be impossible. At least a few of them being extraterrestrial in origin doesn't seem that far fetched.

Quote from: Rubber Soul on Mar 04, 2023, 11:16 AMYeah, I think you're going to have a lot of problems with Russia, especially during Putin's little war.

The Chinese balloon mess turned out to be an egg on our face for the US. It was a weather balloon just as the Chinese claimed and not a spy satellite at all.
Of course, this could have been a decoy so the Chinese could spy on us without us becoming outraged, but who knows.

The most famous sightings in the US, of course, were in Roswell, New Mexico in the late forties. And it turned out it's all military there as well, so I think you're on to something, Tore.

i don't care if they're spying on us or not but i didn't see any reports that it was weather balloon- are you sure?

also i definitely don't think we should've shot it down- in fact i think we should've invited the chinese to come over and get it or whatever- bring some pot stickers

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Mar 04, 2023, 06:38 PMThere's so much weird footage out there of objects moving in ways in the air at speeds that should be impossible. At least a few of them being extraterrestrial in origin doesn't seem that far fetched.

it sure ain't near fetched

Quote from: Dreams on Mar 04, 2023, 07:30 PM
Quote from: Rubber Soul on Mar 04, 2023, 11:16 AMYeah, I think you're going to have a lot of problems with Russia, especially during Putin's little war.

The Chinese balloon mess turned out to be an egg on our face for the US. It was a weather balloon just as the Chinese claimed and not a spy satellite at all.
Of course, this could have been a decoy so the Chinese could spy on us without us becoming outraged, but who knows.

i don't care if they're spying on us or not but i didn't see any reports that it was weather balloon- are you sure?

also i definitely don't think we should've shot it down- in fact i think we should've invited the chinese to come over and get it or whatever- bring some pot stickers

fareed zakaria says biden panicked and it was just a weather balloon https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/fareed-zakaria-gps/id377785090?i=1000602835307

also he says there were three of them and the missiles used to shoot them down cost $400,000 each