I'm in the middle of four games.

Spiderman 2
Pokemon Violet
God of War Ragnorak
Jedi Survivor

I was this cool the whole time.

I'm on chapter 7 of the Dead Space remake and having a blast 🙂

I'm also not done with Starfield, but honestly got a little bored with it.

Happiness is a warm manatee

The last few days, I've been playing Minecraft more with my daughter which, honestly, is still a lot of fun. I've been playing it on and off since one of the early versions when they'd just gotten multiplayer and it was a buggy mess. It's been a little while now, though, so there's quite a bit of new things to do.

I've also been playing a bit of Rider's Republic. I loved the SSX games, especially the third, and of course also the early Tony Hawks and the Skate series. I saw Rider's Republic had gotten a skate add-on, so that game pretty much scratches all those itches now. Only sad thing is it didn't take me long to play through the skate career.

I also bought the BMX addon, but it seems way less fun than skating. I just started that, though, so maybe it'll improve.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 25, 2023, 11:50 AMI'm in the middle of four games.

Spiderman 2
Pokemon Violet
God of War Ragnorak
Jedi Survivor

Lemme know your thoughts when you have enough time with them!

@Key I forget, are you a Sonic fan?

Recently, I downloaded Sonic Adventure 2 on PS3, since I've been craving it lately (I grew up with it on Gamecube) - and I'm finally commiting to get every emblem/A-rank in the game. So far so good - but it's going to get more difficult (I'm starting with the easier stages lol).

Quote from: SGR on Jan 03, 2024, 03:08 AM@Key I forget, are you a Sonic fan?

Recently, I downloaded Sonic Adventure 2 on PS3, since I've been craving it lately (I grew up with it on Gamecube) - and I'm finally commiting to get every emblem/A-rank in the game. So far so good - but it's going to get more difficult (I'm starting with the easier stages lol).

Oh man, I attempted that back in the day. Even when my gaming skills were less dulled it was beyond my ability. Those secret costumes were so cool, they knew how to make a tantalizing reward.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: SGR on Jan 03, 2024, 03:08 AM@Key I forget, are you a Sonic fan?

I bought that new Sonic game but only played a few stages. I love that they made it four person co-op.

I was this cool the whole time.

What I'm playing right now is "The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy". And The Last of Us.

"So let's not start a war - It's not enough"

Picked up Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and have been playing it nonstop. One of the most beautiful games I have ever played.

#40 May 12, 2024, 10:04 PM Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 10:09 PM by SGR
So I've got a Samsung S24 Ultra and the thought just struck me the other day: "I wonder how it handles emulation?"

I don't normally emulate games, I usually play the PS5, but I decided to give it a test run with Dolphin, running Gamecube games.

Surprisingly, everything was buttery smooth. I was a bit gobsmacked, since only maybe 4 years ago, I was impressed my iMac could emulate Gamecube, even with the occasional stuttering.

So I started doing more research, and found a mobile gaming controller (Gamesir G8 Galileo) that would allow me to hook my phone up to it and play it as a portable (instead of wirelessly connecting a separate controller to my phone and then either needing to prop up the screen with the kickstand or connect it to the TV via Dex).

I needed to get a new, slimmer case for my phone for the USB-C connection to work (my previous case was really chunky), so I got a Spigen Liquid Air case - very low profile.

Just got the controller the other day, and damn, this shit works like a dream. I can't believe I can flawlessly emulate Gamecube games on my phone and play them whenever I want with this controller - it's crazy. This isn't my picture, but this is what it looks like:

So I'm finally gonna get around to some Gamecube games I missed during my childhood (like Killer 7, Wario World, Eternal Darkness, etc) - but before I do that, I'm going to do something I never managed to do in my childhood.

@tristan_geoff, I've decided it must be done, I'm finally gonna beat fucking Frogger Beyond! The nightmare must be conquered. Also, fuck this overly-difficult bullshit game.  I'm already on World 4 and I'm getting my friggin ass kicked. :laughing:

Holy shit this minecart mission, World 4-1 is complete horseshit. How did I beat this as a kid?

Nice, SGR! Looks like a fun emulation project 🙂

The only GameCube game I played the shit out of was Wind Waker. Probably not as fun today as it was back then 🤔

The last game I myself had a minor obsession with was maybe a little more than a month ago when I started playing Shattered Pixel Dungeon on my phone. Those of you who like roguelikes really should check it out. It's a good one 👌

#42 May 12, 2024, 11:17 PM Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 11:39 PM by SGR
Quote from: Guybrush on May 12, 2024, 11:11 PMNice, SGR! Looks like a fun emulation project 🙂

The only GameCube game I played the shit out of was Wind Waker. Probably not as fun today as it was back then 🤔

The last game I myself had a minor obsession with was maybe a little more than a month ago when I started playing Shattered Pixel Dungeon on my phone. Those of you who like roguelikes really should check it out. It's a good one 👌

I definitely feel like I'm getting the $1300 value out of this phone  :laughing:

I'm so conflicted with Wind Waker. I'd take Wind Waker any day over Breath of the Wild or Tears of the Kingdom, but I don't like it as much as Ocarina, Majora's Mask, or Twilight Princess, and that's largely because of how much idle time there is traveling the sea from point A to point B with very little happening in between. As an adult, it just feels like filler. I think I've told this story here before, but my wife is a big Zelda fan that loves most of the games, and she was replaying Wind Waker, and I caught her setting the boat "cruise control" up to get to where she wanted to go, and she put her controller down and started browsing her phone while Link was sailing in the boat and I'm like: "See?! It's unengaging filler gameplay!!"  :laughing:  :laughing: 

Quote from: SGR on May 12, 2024, 11:17 PMI definitely feel like I'm getting the $1300 value out of this phone  :laughing:

I'm so conflicted with Wind Waker. I'd take Wind Waker any day over Breath of the Wild or Tears of the Kingdom, but I don't like it as much as Ocarina, Majora's Mask, or Twilight Princess, and that's largely because of how much idle time there is traveling the sea from point A to point B with very little happening in between. As an adult, it just feels like filler. I think I've told this story here before, but my wife is a big Zelda fan that loves most of the games, and she was replaying Wind Waker, and I caught her setting the boat "cruise control" up to get to where she wanted to go, and she put her phone down and started browsing her phone while Link was sailing in the boat and I'm like: "See?! It's unengaging filler gameplay!!"  :laughing:  :laughing: 

Yes, it has a lot of filler. When it came out, I enjoyed it because I'm an ocean guy and that feeling of boating was unsurpassed in anything I'd played up until then, so I kinda loved the feeling even though not much entertainment actually happened.

I wouldn't feel that way today, but I did or do feel that way about Sea of Thieves which is a pirate game. Like Wind Waker, there's a lot of filler sailing from A to B (and no fast travel), but I also find it vaguely enjoyable due to the way the game kinda mimics actually being on a boat 🙂

Quote from: Guybrush on May 12, 2024, 11:22 PMYes, it has a lot of filler. When it came out, I enjoyed it because I'm an ocean guy and that feeling of boating was unsurpassed in anything I'd played up until then, so I kinda loved the feeling even though not much entertainment actually happened.

I wouldn't feel that way today, but I did or do feel that way about Sea of Thieves which is a pirate game. Like Wind Waker, there's a lot of filler sailing from A to B (and no fast travel), but I also find it vaguely enjoyable due to the way the game kinda mimics actually being on a boat 🙂

That's fair. I do give Wind Waker more slack than I do with BOTW or TOTK (the open worlds of which I find at least equally, if not more boring). I enjoyed Wind Waker myself when it came out. Besides the somewhat uneventful seafaring, my only other real problem with it was the Triforce shard hunt near the end of the game. As a kid, I thought I was about to fight Ganon, but no, I had to go on a big long multi-MacGuffin fetch quest before I was allowed to fight the final boss. This resulted in me putting the game off for years.  :laughing:

I've seen a bit of Sea of Thieves, but haven't had the chance to play it myself yet.