I had a little purchase mishap today which I hope will end well.

I pre-ordered the new archival KLF DVD back in August. Sadly the British Film Institute has been non-responsive to my emails and their website bears a notice saying they're having difficulty with their distributor so all orders are indefinitely suspended.

I checked Amazon - Amazon USA does not offer nor even have a listing for the DVD.

I checked Amazon UK next. There I saw an independent seller with multiple copies in England.

I then checked eBay and found the only listing was from the same UK seller, and eBay remarked that I had purchased a Penguin Cafe Orchestra LP from that same international seller in the past year.

I then went back to BFI's UK website. There is no option to cancel an order through them, and they haven't responded to my emails in weeks.

So I phoned my bank and submitted a dispute for the original payment from last August to BFI. My bank said they'll contact me in 10 days. Hopefully they honor the dispute and refund my original purchase.

I went ahead and re-ordered the DVD from the eBay seller and eBay says I should have it in 2-3 weeks.

That's at least better than waiting endlessly with no response from BFI.

Hopefully my bank rules in my favor soon.

(I'm like this all the time.)

Quote from: Guybrush on Nov 11, 2023, 01:22 AMYes. And having never even played pne, who knows.. I might even prefer the guitars I already have 🙂

A little while ago, I was watching a YouTube video with a guy playing old vintage keyboards, especially a wurlitzer and also comparing the Fender Rhodes Mark I and II. Now, I LOVE the sound of the Fender Rhodes Mark I, which is why I was watching it in the first place. It sounded great.

Then the guy says something interesting. Despite having these old keyboards, he doesn't actually play them that much. The reason is he has a Yamaha reface CP synth that emulates all these and does so rather well, so he plays that instead. It doesn't have a good range of keys, but he fixes that by controlling it with a full range midi controller and sustain pedal.

My own Fender Rhodes is a plugin in my studio computer, so way too inaccessible when I'm in the house, so.. I didn't even have to think about it. I just ordered a Yamaha reface CP for myself and it came today.

So now it's sitting on top of our clavinova and hooked up to its midi out so I can play it with our piano and pedals. It sounds absolutely lovely! So I've been tickling the ivories quite a bit today, fully mesmerized.

I'm real happy with it 😊

@Guybrush, congrats on the new Yamaha reface CP - very exciting!  I've always loved the sound of a vintage Fender Rhodes and dreamed of having one (although that was never bound to happen!).  In fact, I believe I've seen that same video you watched with the guy playing Wurlitzers and Rhodes. A great idea to hook up the reface CP to your clavinova's midi and it must be a thrill to play it with your piano keys and pedals.  Yes, I am jealous!   8)  ;)

Quote from: ribbons on Nov 14, 2023, 05:59 PM@Guybrush, congrats on the new Yamaha reface CP - very exciting!  I've always loved the sound of a vintage Fender Rhodes and dreamed of having one (although that was never bound to happen!).  In fact, I believe I've seen that same video you watched with the guy playing Wurlitzers and Rhodes. A great idea to hook up the reface CP to your clavinova's midi and it must be a thrill to play it with your piano keys and pedals.  Yes, I am jealous!  8)  ;)

Hey, great minds think alike 😊❤️

I love it when it's hard to put down or stop playing an instrument. It's a sure sign of goodness!

To my surprise, Yamaha has hidden a grand piano sound in there as well. You have to turn the CP off, then balance the instrument selector dial between two instruments, turn it back on and voilà! Grand piano.

I don't need it when I got my clav for obvious reasons, but might be nice for gigging 🤔

Happiness is a warm manatee

Got one of those Casios from the 80s.

They're really nice. Cheap as shit and piss easy to use.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Nov 17, 2023, 09:07 PMGot one of those Casios from the 80s.

They're really nice. Cheap as shit and piss easy to use.

Cool, mate 🙂

Is it actually from the 80s or a rerelease?

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Nov 19, 2023, 04:27 AMCool, mate 🙂

Is it actually from the 80s or a rerelease?

No it's new. But they were released in the 80s and are a classic watch (and dirt cheap).

Only God knows.