I mean, the chords are smooth but the overall sentiment is quite heavy.

y'all better cry to this because I went out of my way to upload it to youtube, wasn't on there yet

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

I was this cool the whole time.

Since I mentioned Loudon Wainwright III someplace else, here's his lovely bummer of a song Motel Blues. This is a re-recorded version, though the original is also good - a bit more nasal and desperate.

Some fan made vid, but ah well.

Happiness is a warm manatee

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Léo Ferré - "Avec le temps" (with EN subtitles)

Gotta love Jerry Reed. He's known for his comedy and while this song is sad... It's also pretty funny and awesome.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Listen to the reveal as the orchestra swells and tell me you held in the tears!

#23 May 06, 2024, 04:32 AM Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 06:22 AM by Guybrush

I don't know if this is really sad.

"I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar"

"I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar"

Doves - Kingdom of Rust

Kronos Quartet - Lux Aeterna

^ Good call, Meatwad!
I have that Kronos track on my computer: tbh, I don't play it very often, even though it's really good, especially after it  picks up at 1:30 mins in.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jan 14, 2024, 11:27 AMIn this thread I want sad songs from all genres it doesnt matter. Come up with your saddest song recommendations and post them.

I'm going to take DJ at his word because this song is about grief in a long ago era:-

Robert W Service was an ambulance driver during the First World War, and so earns the right to compose war poetry - although "poetry" is not what he, or others, called it:-
QuoteService did not call his work poetry. "Verse, not poetry, is what I was after ... something the man in the street would take notice of and the sweet old lady would paste in her album; something the schoolboy would spout and the fellow in the pub would quote. Yet I never wrote to please anyone but myself; it just happened. I belonged to the simple folks whom I liked to please."[

If you are intrigued to learn more about this guy who was combination man of action + writer, you could start here at wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_W._Service

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.