Quote from: MonaSomona on Aug 28, 2023, 04:11 PMHi all, I'm a noob.

My name is Hope and I've lived in The Netherlands for 12 years now. I live in Rotterdam, a fairly modern city as most of the old buildings were leveled during WWII and they had to start over. As a US Air Force veteran I am from many places in America. I was born in Virginia and have mostly lived in the Eastern states. I'm married, with a cat. I enjoy listening to lots of different music and being creative. If I'm not listening to music I always have my comfort shows playing in the background, Family Guy, American Dad, Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, and Futurama. I've been looking for a new community for a long time so I hope I'm welcome here, I wiped my feet. 

Welcome Chair Force noob. I think you'll like it around here. I'm not a fan of Post Malone's music but I love his personality in interviews I've seen of his. I gave his latest album a listen and it was a one and done for me.

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 29, 2023, 07:54 PMwelcome! I did almost the opposite from you: I'm Dutch (from Amsterdam) but moved to the west to an English speaking country, only it's the UK. I've briefly been in Virginia (to say hi to someone from the MB forum actually!) and I liked it a lot.

wait a min. You went to Virginia to meet Batlord?

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: Dirty on Jul 22, 2023, 12:12 PMFormer MB member from like 10 years ago.  My main interests are punk rock/emo music, NBA and NFL, and US politics.

What's up bro lol

I dunno if you even remember me from when you posted.  I joined not too long before they got rid of you i think.  But I've heard a lot about you.  Mostly from people accusing me of being you (shout out to Neo). But yeah it's cool to see you back.

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 29, 2023, 07:54 PMwelcome! I did almost the opposite from you: I'm Dutch (from Amsterdam) but moved to the west to an English speaking country, only it's the UK. I've briefly been in Virginia (to say hi to someone from the MB forum actually!) and I liked it a lot.

Thanks! I had a military assignment to the UK, but Germany called me and asked if I'd rather switch and come there, so I took it. I've still never been there, but I intend to someday and I still have some people to meet from my old forum. Do you like it there? How long have you been there?

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 30, 2023, 02:12 AMWelcome Chair Force noob. I think you'll like it around here. I'm not a fan of Post Malone's music but I love his personality in interviews I've seen of his. I gave his latest album a listen and it was a one and done for me.

I gather you're prior military since you called me Chair Force? :P

The new album is a bit of a tough call at first, but it grew on me. It's a bit too bubbly or something. I can't quite put my finger on it. I Love his personality too. So sweet, and polite, and humble. You can just tell he's good people. 

Quote from: MonaSomona on Aug 30, 2023, 10:26 AMI gather you're prior military since you called me Chair Force? :P

Yes Navy Vet here aka squid. I love to tease my Air Force brothers and sisters out of love is all. Also possibly jealously too after I heard how great your food is during basic and the fact that you get ice cream too.

#275 Aug 30, 2023, 10:31 AM Last Edit: Aug 30, 2023, 10:35 AM by MonaSomona
Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 30, 2023, 12:07 AMBut we eventually broke up, so I'm still here in Norway 🙂

What a beautiful place. I would love to visit, but I haven't yet because it's a bit on the pricey side. I have some internet friends from there. One came to stay with us for a few days and see Rotterdam. A nice time was had. 

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 30, 2023, 10:28 AMYes Navy Vet here aka squid. I love to tease my Air Force brothers and sisters out of love is all. Also possibly jealously too after I heard how great your food is during basic and the fact that you get ice cream too.

Yeah, sure, you got ice cream if you wanted to get screamed at. You had to have some balls to walk up to the dessert carousel, but it was always there taunting us with every rotation. 

Quote from: MonaSomona on Aug 28, 2023, 04:11 PMHi all, I'm a noob.

My name is Hope and I've lived in The Netherlands for 12 years now. I live in Rotterdam, a fairly modern city as most of the old buildings were leveled during WWII and they had to start over. As a US Air Force veteran I am from many places in America. I was born in Virginia and have mostly lived in the Eastern states. I'm married, with a cat. I enjoy listening to lots of different music and being creative. If I'm not listening to music I always have my comfort shows playing in the background, Family Guy, American Dad, Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, and Futurama. I've been looking for a new community for a long time so I hope I'm welcome here, I wiped my feet. 
welcome

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 30, 2023, 02:12 AMwait a min. You went to Virginia to meet Batlord?
yes! Well I was passing through anyway (from north carolina to new york) so I made a stop on the way

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 30, 2023, 09:15 PMyes! Well I was passing through anyway (from north carolina to new york) so I made a stop on the way

Oooh okay that's cool. You hit up Exo right? He's close to NY.

unfortunately not, he wasn't around the forum much when I was taking the trip anyway so I don't think he was aware of it. I almost met up with Tristan but that didn't happen due to car issues. Charles still has the dubious honour of being the only MB member I've met irl

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 30, 2023, 11:40 PMunfortunately not, he wasn't around the forum much when I was taking the trip anyway so I don't think he was aware of it. I almost met up with Tristan but that didn't happen due to car issues. Charles still has the dubious honour of being the only MB member I've met irl

Wow that's so cool. I didn't know you back then but I'm 2 hours upstate from NYC. Would've been cool to meet up.

that would have been cool, I want to do a proper road trip through the US sometime, if that ever happens I'll try to meet a bunch of you guys

For sure! If any of you all are ever in my neck of the woods, our house is your house. I'll be sure to have some fresh baked cookies. <3

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards